• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Search results

1. Cullis

Code TK's counting, points....

...I'm trying to figure out where to start. I'm not bad at algorithms and programming, also object oriented programming, but green to UE3 engine. As in, booted up the SDK and tried to find game scripts but failed to find the ones I looked for.. I know, I know.. I just need to keep looking. I...
  2. Cullis

Tactics messages instead of pictures on loading screens!

Idea: instead of stupid pictures and so.. Put tactical maxims on each screen. How to use smoke. How to use arty. That one should attack right after arty closes. And so on. How HMG's can keep the enemy down while we advance. How marksmen should pick off important targets(LMG, AT rifles...
  3. Cullis

Single player: a minority report. + bot AI improvement.

Not so bad. On hero anyway. Death is often very sudden. Still.. wrestled Station from the Reds with 81:70 casualty ratio. Not bad for assault, I believe. Better than Stalker. Better than Half Life 2. Better than.. almost any other bloody FPS I've ever played. And on a realistic engine to boot...
  4. Cullis

Poll: realistic HMG detachments

HMG is carried broken down into several parts. Tripod, gun, ammo carrier... etc. 3 people at least, five at most or so. To set up, guy with tripod puts it down, another one uses CTRL and mounts the gun. This would: give massive boost to teams that can manage teamplay!
  5. Cullis

US has some really freaky survivalist groups!

This ended a long flamewar between my favorite SF writer and a bunch of crazy feminists..
  6. Cullis

Suggestion: Commisar class!!

Can equip any weapon! Gets Points: for TKing own team out of capzones! A commisar does not ever get kicked. A commisar cannot be muted! Credit: some other comrade on my summary execution squad! THERE SHALL BE NO DISOBEDIENCE! Disobedience is punished by a bullet!
  7. Cullis

Voice acting suggestion for sergeants who take their duties seriously!

Fallout 2 drill sergeant Dornan best speech ever LISTEN!!! - YouTube The diction, use of profanity and general tone should instill obedience in CS players, 13 year old snipers and other flabtastic pieces of amphibian $hit. Or they'll ragequit and be replaced by more obedient bots. I suggest...
  8. Cullis

Nine reasons why a Bot is superior to the average RO2 player

This comrade has come to a conclusion: It is preferable to command bots to live players! The Bot is the perfect communist! The Bot never ragequits after being disciplined! The Bot is willing to lay his life on the altar of the motherland! The Bot does not play to show off! The Bot never...
  9. Cullis

For Squad leaders: how to use summary execution to improve teamplay.

Even on realism servers, you can sometimes find guys who are thinking this is like Battlefield or COD. (those pathetic excuses of games only fit for wimpy, limp-wristed sheeple who wouldn't know how to fieldstrip a Mosin rifle!) It's not. RO2 is serious business! :cool: So, they won' listen...
  10. Cullis

European Voluntary Scrims (evs) - a scrim group open to everyone, loners and clans

On the suggestion of BossHogg, I'm linking the thread I posted in Clan/Squad section.. Hope this isn't too intrusive.. For the time being, those who would like to cooperate with other people and to make that known could perhaps append (evs) to their tags. Also, a game is today on the UK...
  11. Cullis

Realistic voice comms suggestion.

As I understand it, in WWII era, radios were usually one per platoon, at best. Ordinary rifle squads did not have radio communication. So, the ability to use voice comms as if every soldier had better than present day walkie-talkie is even more unrealistic than the MkB. So, I think that the...