• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Search results

1. S

Could anyone please explain

Why would anyone want to be the assault class? The bolt action rifle is all you need... hhehe
  2. S

Hearts Of Iron III + DLC...

I recently got this on the steam sale...I had no previous experience with this franchise, and only limited Grand Strat experience prior...but I figured I'd really like it since I am l33t pr0 on Company of Heroes and do rather well on "tactical" games, and just like everyone that's ever played...
  3. S

SS and other Nazi names everywhere

LOL, not bias at all...now are we? Ah, yes, the Great Patriotic was very civil by the defenders...and of course, pre war eastern europe has no basis to complain about the wonderful graciousness of their motherland... Ukraine says hai!
  4. S

Gift for COH Players

Hey guys, there are a few realism mods out there, while never acheiving full realism, some come close. A lot of fun PvP...but bots always fall short of tactical engagements..in any game for that matter. Years ago I created a platoon realism mod, where one starts the game with 1 platoon, with...
  5. S

Gift for COH Players

To anyone that wants to play with me, add me...I used to be pretty good, but I haven't touched COH since prior the ro2 beta... My COH names are Esky and EskochtDieEifersucht
  6. S

SS and other Nazi names everywhere

This thread is so stupid. Some of you need to grow a pair and stop being all dramatic and politically correct over a video game...a video game that purposely reflects the most brutal and savage combat on a massive scale ever seen. The fact that everyone is crying of militaristic/political...
  7. S

I honestly think it's the maps.

I think OP is onto something. All the stock RO2 maps feel like we're playing maps designed for 16 players, or a COD-like audience of players who like the game to think for them, where they enjoy just the act of shooting... The RO audience is far more tactical and strategically minded. The vast...
  8. S

new map - Ogledow map

I found a few areas of ivisable shot blockers...here's just one I found; There was actually a guy behind that stone wall I was attempting to shoot at, but there seemed to be an invisible force field below the tree branches...
  9. S

Beta Map [Map release]TE-Butovo

More areas of buggy fencing and such; No MG support on fencing; http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/632986216714019880/F318E4516E684EAF19454F9399C7813232DF8149/ Impassible open doorway; http://steamcommunity.com/id/sepplainr/screenshot/632986216714023371/?tab=public...
  10. S

Things that might want to be fixed/added in the future: 1.) Climbing, putting MGs into positions, and taking cover behind many sections of fencing is broken. 2.) Many windows will not allow an MG to set up. 3.) Buildings could use some more lighting. 4.) The map could use slightly more...
  11. S

How about windows and fences? p.s. Good work, keep it up!
  12. S

Window bug; Also note, lots and lots of fencing is uncoverable/unclimbable
  13. S

DP-28 Balance

Right, well TL:DR for my above post... I think a 50rd starter belt would be good for spawn, but then have a 250rd belt in reserve on you. This is at least more plausible than carrying 500 rounds upon your back. This is clearly doable, because if you notice the second belt in sequence as hero...
  14. S

Price?

I think it's funny how some people are throwing out figures like $20 like it's nothing, and adversely people saying they will not buy it at all... It's a "mexpansion" in progress. We have seen nothing but mysterious trailers and images. We do not know just how polished it will be, just how the...
  15. S

DP-28 Balance

The DP and german MGs represent two very different theories and doctrines for infantry combat. I wish people would start to realize this and stop chatting about artificially balancing things. I play 99% german, and I hate the Mkb and Dual 40 precisely because they are failures at attempting...
  16. S

Buy a Dev a Drink! Congrats to the Tripwire Team!

God save King Tripwire! The Patriot - Recrut - YouTube
  17. S

I'm a ROOST player, and what the hell is RO2?

Hey, don't forget the multitudes of realism units that have come and gone, got excited about RO2, came back, and have died off again thanks to it being COD WAW.
  18. S

Buy a Dev a Drink! Congrats to the Tripwire Team!

He wasn't trolling, if anything, you are! It goes well under 923 for much of the day. I play from work during the day, and it's pretty dead. Maybe 3-5 servers, all euro. I play with my fellow germans in FK and AK, I'd bet a fair shake under 400 active online, or 250 for that matter, until later...
  19. S

Fire & Maneuver Realism Mod

Really liking the ideas in the mod here! I may buy a server just to run it and try to bring in a crowd to it. :) Plz keep us posted. :) More ideas: *Make MG barrels last longer. *Give MG gunners less ammo to start. *Make teammates give less ammo to Mgers (say, 50 round belt), or create a new...