• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Search results

1. RJ_MacReady

Everyone STILL hates Countdown

Attacking side should always have superior force. That's historically accurate. How do you expect the attackers to succeed without having the superiority in numbers? No one sane would attack enemy positions with equal forces. It's WW2, not modern combat with bloody guided missiles.
  2. RJ_MacReady

Eternal Winter: The Love and Lies of Stalingrad

And for Christ's sake... Did the Jerry parachuted stolen Grizzlies all over the Motherland?
  3. RJ_MacReady

Eternal Winter: The Love and Lies of Stalingrad

I'm not sure what I've just read, but this is my favourite part:
  4. RJ_MacReady

The Crusade against the Horde

DR. COPPER Somebody got to the blood... sabotaged it. Anyway, sign me in... :)
  5. RJ_MacReady

any ivy-bridges around?

Speaking of Ivy... I can't believe we'll have to wait a year for the Ivy Bridge-E (according to some internet sources). It's said it will be released after Haswell's premiere. But I need more affordable firepower, more bloody cores!:
  6. RJ_MacReady

Achtung Panzer: Operation Star bundle. Big bargain on Strategy First

Check this out. I think it's valid only until 24th if I remember correctly: http://graviteam.com/forum/index.php?topic=10363.0 The best RTS with pause tactical simulator wargame ever, if you ask me, and the price of $19.99 is a steal for this bundle. The only thing one has to remember is to...
  7. RJ_MacReady

Why is classic mode so dead?

...is huge. I very rarely (if ever) see team members shooting enemy weapons on classic. Which is a big relief to me.
  8. RJ_MacReady

Hmm... this is a reasonable explanation, @svgamer. MG Zoom as a carrot for machine-gunners to make them properly use their weapons. It makes sense. I like it and I withdraw my complaint. Better this than having J.Rambos.
  9. RJ_MacReady

Oh, one more thing I forgot to mention. I personally don't understand the machine-gun zoom. If they removed zooming from all weapons except the scoped ones, why leave it in machine-guns? I have maxed Russian rifleman and, whenever I can, I play in DP machine-gunner's role, and I feel it's too...
  10. RJ_MacReady

[Sport] Euro 2012

Ireland might have lost the tournament today, but their fans won the cup if you ask me! I absolutely adore them. Chanting their song without a single pause even long time after the final whistle. The best fans ever ever ever. It was increfreakindible and very touching. That's how football fans...
  11. RJ_MacReady

Job and $$ question, what would you do ?

33% Less money, loving the job. Without thinking. I had once a job that, after promotion, I hated with my whole heart. So... If your work makes you feel great and satisfies you, then you don't work at all. :cool: I think a wise person said a similar sentence once.
  12. RJ_MacReady

I've just had one of the most intensive firefights in RO2 ever. I've been playing on a 10-1 Server Classic Mode, or something like that (I looked for my favourite OldGits, but couldn't find it). I've joined the server on the Grain Elevator map. We've managed to win the first round with my role...
  13. RJ_MacReady

Thanks for correcting me. By bolt-action rifle jams I meant the need of rebolting the rifle twice or thrice as seen on some Youtube shooting range videos and on some movies. I just thought this could be categorised as a jam.
  14. RJ_MacReady

I've reinstalled RO2 after a 1/2 year break and... I absolutely adore Classic mode. It significantly slowed down the game pace and while still a little-tiny-whiny bit to fast for me, it's much-much better than in Realism mode. I love the new suppression model. Marvellous. Now I feel the danger...
  15. RJ_MacReady

[Sport] Euro 2012

I'm really embarrassed with the behaviour of groups of bandits that attacked the Russian group that headed towards the National Stadium and I completely don't understand our riot police that allowed the clash last so long (or happen in the first place). I've read those bandits even tried to...
  16. RJ_MacReady

The Zombie Apocalypse has officially begun.

Daniel O'Brien from cracked.com wrote an interesting article about the late "Zombie apocalypse" phenomena that appeared after the event you guys speak about. ;) http://www.cracked.com/blog/4-ways-face-eater-zombie-craze-proves-medias-broken/
  17. RJ_MacReady

[Sport] Euro 2012

I'm somewhat angry on the draw, but I still hold my thumbs for my national team and hope they will advance from their group. I have to frankly admit I was really amazed how Russia steamrolled Czechs. They're either very well prepared for the tournament or Ivan is secretly using :IS2: ;)
  18. RJ_MacReady

Ummm....you should play the RO Classic beta

Hm... I've installed Beta, but there are no servers on-line.
  19. RJ_MacReady

[Game] X-Com remake by Firaxis

I'm afraid Xenonauts will eat X-Com on breakfast.Meaning I prefer Xenonauts 2D environments over X-Com's 3D. Which is weird considering I'm a 3D artist. Heh. I guess nostalgia does it's part. Anyways, I find the 2D graphics much more cleaner and immersive than the one presented on X-Com...
  20. RJ_MacReady

DP-28 firing sound

Well, I like almost every sound in the game except of this DP one, that I heard thousands of times in different games and even film productions.