• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Search results

1. mattlach

RO2 Constant crashing on modern Radeon GPU's?

Hey everyone, I just started picking up Red Orchestra 2 again. There aren't many active servers left, but it can still be fun. Since I have started running it again, I upgraded from my old Pascal Titan X to a Radeon RX 6900xt. The game keeps freezing. I have already done all the normal...
  2. mattlach

Now here's a conflict that would make for a great Red Orchestra style mod...

Alpine warfare during WWI between Italy and Austria.
  3. mattlach

Final Release Final release of white-listed DynamicMapRotator mutator (rev.31)

Does anyone know the answer to this?
  4. mattlach

PhysX?

So, I have read both that the RO2 engine uses PhysX and that it doesn't, in different threads at different times. Is there any way to sort this out conclusively? Does the engine actually use PhysX? The reason I ask is that in SLI, I have this odd phenomenon, that my secondary GPU is loaded...
  5. mattlach

Red Orchestra 2 Reinforcement Update - 2.0.0.20

I play the class a lot too, but I didn't really notice much of a difference, probably because I usually only play it on defensive maps, and when I do, I am always firing it while prone and deployed or mounted. The only times I ever hip fire MG's is if I stumble across a surprise opponent on the...
  6. mattlach

Ditto here. I actually kind of like Fallen, but it has become a little tilted towards Russians now that people have figured out how easy it is to pop the armor on the German tank. Apartments is dreadfully one sided these days. It was good (but maybe slightly favored Germans) when it first...
  7. mattlach

Most of them I'm excited for, but this one puzzles me. Why? I didn't realize I was playing this game:
  8. mattlach

4K Gaming anyone??

Alright, so I have to report different results here. I switched to 0x02422605 and I found that I was hovering at 55% GPU utilization with less than 60fps. I reverted to the 0x02422405 setting, and everything works great again, pinned at 60fps...
  9. mattlach

4K Gaming anyone??

It's 21.8ms in game mode, and just under 50ms in PC mode which is 4:4:4 chroma. The 21.8ms is actually better than any monitor I've owned since the CRT days! Game mode drops the chroma a little, but it isn't noticeable in any game I have played thus far., Only on colored text (particularly...
  10. mattlach

4K Gaming anyone??

Yeah, I re-enabled SLI, I don't "optimize" settings, but rather set my own. Last night I was pinned at 60fps with a flat line, today it is dropping to the 30s and 40s. Thought it was the GeForce drivers (only thing I changed) but I just rolled them back, and still the same problem.... Sigh...
  11. mattlach

4K Gaming anyone??

Thanks for that. It WAS working great, then I installed the latest nvidia drivers, and everything went to hell. I recreated the profiles (I believe) exactly the way I had it before, but now my framerate is dropping to 30fps (essentially unplayable IMHO) Going to try to downgrade the drivers...
  12. mattlach

4K Gaming anyone??

Thank you! Thanks for this information! Hmm, do you know which field in Nvidia inspector I change? I looked at the profile I edited for "Rising Storm" in Nvidia inspector (because after the RS release, the game no longer loads the "Red Orchestra 2: Heroes of Stalingrad" profile. Click to...
  13. mattlach

Graphic Tweaks?

I would imagine upscalescreenpercentage=100 does nothing. 120 upscales by 20% etc. Maybe just set it below 100?
  14. mattlach

4K Gaming anyone??

48" Samsung JS9000 in 4k here. My results are as follows. A single Geforce GTX 980ti can handle most maps at 4k even at ultra settings and still provide 60fps. Some 3rd party maps up the polygon counts significantly though, and require two in SLI. I have found RO2 to be unusually jerky in...
  15. mattlach

Rising Storm 2: Vietnam Announced

Is RS2 going to be based on the same Unreal Engine 3 base as HOS and RS, just with new content, or is this new from the ground up, possibly in UE4? Should we expect any platform updates in HOS to coincide with this release? I really like that the franchise is growing, but my home will always...
  16. mattlach

[How Do I?] If you have a crash, Give us the dump file!

Just had two crashes last night after upgrading to Windows 10 (was rock solid before this) Both dump files show up in the folder, but they are both empty (0 kb) Any suggestions on how to get debug data?
  17. mattlach

Win 10 and RO2

My experience has been the opposite. I did a clean install of Win10 Pro. First I ran an upgrade, then wiped the drive and did a clean install. Downloaded latest drivers straight from Nvidia. I've played two maps thus far, first Station. Everything worked smoothly. The game actually felt...
  18. mattlach

Eastern Front Expansion? Maybe Finland?

I'd love to support something like this, but I haven't coded (since GWBasic in the early 90's) and the only modeling I have ever done was in the old Dos version of 3D Studio on my 486 :p There are so many projects I'd love to get involved with, but I just don't have the skills for them :p
  19. mattlach

No. This is what I mean. Playing as an American in a war game (more so in FPS shooters than in strategy games), makes me feel too nationalistic. Like one of those raucous ruffians chanting "USA, USA" and "America, **** yeah" while bare-chested somehow succeeding in holding an american flag, a...
  20. mattlach

It's nice to see that the game continues to be expanded, with Rising Storm and Rising Storm 2. Could never really get into RS WWII in the pacific, and I doubt Vietnam will do it for me either. Something about fighting historical wars in a game as my own side (I am american) feels too...