• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Search results

1. W

Big freeze when joining a server

I deleted everything and downloaded/reinstalled the game and everything is working now.
  2. W

Big freeze when joining a server

I have a somewhat similar bug. The first time I join try to join a server I have to download CGT assets, then at 100% that download fails. Then anytime I try to join a server I load all the way in see the map then the welcome screen and immediately get disconnected. I did try deleting my...
  3. W

Snipers!!!

I'm not a big marksmen player (although I've got 5 out of 6 of the guns at 50), but I like the balance on the more open maps marksmen wars are common and its good for picking off MGs, but a good or lucky bolt action rifle shot from a rifleman can take you down at even 300m or by MG...
  4. W

Melee with Binoculars

I've killed a few dozen people with binoculars, sometimes I just run around with them. A few while trying to spot arty I'd find an enemy in-front of me and got lucky to get the melee kill. I also swap to them when I sneak up behind someone looking out a window and go for the kill as its quieter...
  5. W

Saipan - Fish

Well after emptying an entire lmg clip at/below one I'm going to have to assume that the reason I can't find the dead fish is that I pumped it so full of lead there was nothing left to find.
  6. W

RS Japanese 'Garand'

Yes, I want this. Although it needs to have realistic splash damage and kill everyone on the map while draining all reinforcements. Give US commander a 1 in 1000 chance on each map to be able to fire this bad boy. Alt. just give it to commander and then have it start off on cd and set the cd on...
  7. W

A question for a Rising Storm developer about XP multipliers

I believe pre-purchase is a 2x and inb4reset is another 4x. I'm getting 8x kill xp at least. They combine for 8x however it works out.
  8. W

Most Useful weapons upgrades?

I got this today, was totally worth it. Banzai charges are now 100% more scary when lead by a hero bandana wearing commander with a dragon sword! BANZAI!!!!!
  9. W

Impossible to mutually kill each other. What is the cause of this?

I've had a few happen since RS came out, but I've had a lot more that came really close, but I was a few ms to late. I've had a few mutual kills with enemy flamethrowers, although maybe I killed them a few MS early.
  10. W

Why the name 'Realism Mode'?

No, but it does create more tactical gameplay since squads work together more often since they spawn together rather than working as lone wolfs or in a pair or trio like I see in classic, since it is extremely hard to get near your squad mates (low stamina if you spawn on 1 and they go spawn 2...
  11. W

BLOOD BATH starting!!!

I'll be there, I'm excited to play CD in RS! Also, blue team is gonna win!
  12. W

I was playing Metro 2033

Looking at Russia though, 5% of the population speaks English, that's hardly nobody. Its likely higher than that in Moscow, since you've got more intellectual elites, military, politicians and the aids/translators for all three. Some of us like to actually understand the story, hence we need to...
  13. W

Classic: weapon accuracy, hitzones etc.

I'd like to see it. A Prone dive and instant fire headshot is hard enough at 200m. I certainly can't do that with any regularity, much less at 300m.
  14. W

RO2: Germans vs bad players

Like I said, the numbers were straight off of the wiki: eastern front article and were Germans vs Russians not Axis vs Allies on the eastern front. 8 million is a bit high since that's about the total axis military deaths (8-9 million). In 1941 the germans had tactical doctrine, surprises and...
  15. W

I pulled those numbers straight off eastern front wiki, so that's the actually K/D ratio of WWII. The real w/l would be dependent on how you calculate a battle, its entirely possible that more battles took place in 41-42 than 43-45, although unlikely. The Soviets could of won the war with a .9...
  16. W

For a Better CLASSIC mode

Ah, so your in the core audience of Nintendo and CoD, if you prefer to have no gameplay changes and just updated graphics in your games. I'd find it boring to play the same exact imperfect game for 20 years. I'd say you got something wrong there or are lacking in imagination. Here is a question...
  17. W

Yes, I was looking at some stats and noticed Germans tend to achieve a 2.465 kill/death ratio (10,600,000/4,300,000) on the eastern front. Show me how this is unrealistic.
  18. W

Obviously, this can only be decided by everyone in this thread signing up for allies or axis and having a match where we play all maps. The winning side will for all time be known as the dominant side. :rolleyes:
  19. W

reverse defend/attack serverside

Its a good idea, but will result in more map imbalances, still do it anyway. Allies often have more cover/reinforcements because of weapon differences.
  20. W

Tactics Russian vs German assault?

For me PPSH is the best because it scores the highest avg a crossed all categories. If I want to win a 1v1 in CQC in a building nothing beats the AVT because of its bullet penetration, RoF and only needing 1-2 hits to kill. Why, I don't always use the AVT is that, you can often use all the...