• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Search results

1. B

Ditch the Terminated system please!

I too have little sympathy for hackers. I've had too many games ruined by them over the years, and I'm glad TWI have taken a hardline stance against them for Ro2. That said, I do think the VAC Ban rules set by Valve are too harsh in the way a single ban is permanent. I'd rather see a system...
  2. B

RO2 Simple Request: Use the RS pistol upgrades for RO2

Yeah, the Nagant Revolver gets the silencer at lvl 25.
  3. B

RO2 Simple Request: Use the RS pistol upgrades for RO2

This is only a simple suggestion, and it's probably been made before, but for the: TT33 P38 Can we have the level 25 and level 50 upgrades changed to the rather useful +1 and +2 magazines from RS? The Nagent Revolver could do with a +1 magazine for the level 50. The C96 could do with the...
  4. B

Mamayev - Axis Engineer - Lose points for blowing up objectives

As per the title, on Mamayev Kurgan as Axis Engineer I've been finding over the weekend that when I satchel an objective, I get a -5 team points penalty rather than the expected +5 points. And before anyone asks, no I've definitely not accidently TK'd someone as I retested it on an empty...
  5. B

2 paths are set before you

Based on the fact some of the bigger changes I'd like to see probably won't happen (redesigned TL/SL map, which works like BF2 in that you can use the mouse to place orders quickly and easily accross the entire battlefield) then I've voted for more content.
  6. B

RO2 no one is bothered that attack/attack maps are always biased against the russians?

Sorry, but that's a really naive viewpoint on what map and game balancing is. Asymmetrical map/team design is not the same as unbalanced, far from it. Balance is a much wider scope thing, and if you've made an unbalanced asymmetrical map, you've made a bad map. All maps need to balanced from...
  7. B

RO2 Make RO2 Single Player a Purchasable Upgrade:

RO2 has singleplayer?! :p I think TWI made a slight mistake by letting RS give you full access to RO2 multi, they should have done it in the same way Ro2 gives you limited access to RS, ie: rifleman only. Would have perhaps made a better distinction between the games. Although I do really...
  8. B

Tactics Leadership

One of the biggest barriers in this game for effective leading is the terrible 3d order widget you're forced into using. Yes, you've got the command menu, but that really only lets you issue attack or defend orders on objectives, not actual locations. Really, as a TL/SL, you need to be able to...
  9. B

Give Classic a try, part 2

Are we actually having fire fights now? I miss those from Ostfront and think vanilla RO2 is much poorer for just how accurate everyone is.
  10. B

Pps-42

Sadly Tripwire sort of shot themselves in the foot by calling this game Hero's of Stalingrad and making a big fuss over it being based around just a few months of WWII. It, quite fairly in some cases, leads to critism when you start introducing elements outside of that period into the game. I...
  11. B

What We Are Up To - Post Pax and Gearing Up for Patch Release

Oooh, those Classic mode changes sound like they could be properly aces.
  12. B

Red Orchestra 2 and Rising Storm squad system opinions

I don't think there's a massive problem with the squad system. What it needs is for your squad mates to have green names during normal play (not just on the map) so you can easily see who are your squad mates. The other big thing, which is related to squads, is that the TL/SL needs to be able...
  13. B

The Definitive Zoom Thread (Illustrated)

Can you explain your logic there? Bear in mind that the automatics have a greater dispersion on shots and recoil makes the aim move as well, so being able to blap off more shots doesn't mean more will hit.
  14. B

Fixing RO2:

Yeap, I agree on all points. I'd quibble over how classic and realism are merged (as I think classic is better in nearly every way), but the actual merge to one game type I concur with. Same goes for progression system. I'm actually *fine* with leaving the class progression part of it as it is...
  15. B

Febuary 21st RO 2 Patch

Good stuff! Don't forget to update the Steam store page as well this time, still showing last patch was Jan 2012!
  16. B

Jan 11th 2013 RO 2 Patch

Don't forget to update the Steam store page "product updates" page this time guys, as according to that RO2 hasn't seen any patches in a year.
  17. B

Preferred Areas TWI Should Concentrate On For ROHOS

I voted for more content. Not so much for weapons (the MG42 and Luger wouldn't go amiss though), but mostly for maps. The game could do with another 5 to 10 core maps, and some massive redesigns of some of the existing stock ones. Some more weapon upgrade unlocks and player skins would be nice...
  18. B

Suggestion from a noob

Not to keep beating the same old drum, but I've been saying for ages that half the problem with the game is due to TL/SL having no decent methods for doing plans and issuing orders. If TL's and SL's could simply use the map and a right click context menu on it to issue orders (Attack here...
  19. B

Update the Steam "Product Updates" page

This is only a small suggestion for TWI, but the Product Update (aka "view updates") pages on Steam haven't been updated for RO2 since 11th January 2011. Unfortunately this means if you browse to the game via the steam store pages and go on "view updates" or if you go on "view update history"...
  20. B

Petition to restore Realism and Authenticity

Voted no. Not because I don't want to see more authenticity and realism as I do, but I'm far more interested in a solid game first. There's still loads of technical issues to be solved, especially movement based when proning in involved. That, and Sarkis seems to think Realism mode is all...