• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Search results

1. L

Bolt Action Shooting on the Move

First of all, I cannot hit anything with a bolt even using iron sights. But i notice sometimes I am killed by someone at mid range and they are moving and the weapon is at the hip. Is this just a time lag on my computer and I am not seeing that they are actually using the iron sights? Or are...
  2. L

Level Design Beach Assault Idle BS

Love Beach Assault map, but really pissed off playing tonight. Playing German on defense, twice I was kicked for being idle when I was in good position holding off Russians with the MG. Map designer needs to fix this. I expect Idle kicks on Run and Gun Call of Duty. But not a game that is...
  3. L

Level Design Oral w/ Berizina Design Approach

I have greatly enjoyed Oral since it came out. But now that I see maps like Berizina, I would love to see Oral modified similarly. The problem in my opinion is that Orel is so large that with the size of the force, you are fighitng one or two tanks engagements. The map is a huge sandbox with...
  4. L

Level Design Berzina

Ok, think map is not great, it is outstanding. Would love map maker to bring some of his other maps from COD UO over to RO. But one small little gripe. Yes it is authentic to have most tankers only have pistol, but most tankers in real life are part of a tank crew. In this game, it is hard to...
  5. L

Tactics Teams of Tanks

Playing Black Days, i have noticed that the most effective way to operate is to move and work in teams of either 2,3, or 4 tanks together. Should not be surprised, that is the way a tank unit operates in real life. In a team with enemy coming at you in piece meal fashion, a section or platoon...
  6. L

Level Design Thanks

As a user, want to thank all those who have been working on the new maps. Realize it is alot of work. It has been great to be able to move to these new maps and enjoy them, and I for one take my hat off to you for the work you have done. I especially compliment the developer of Orel and the...
  7. L

Tank Commander Binos

Map like Orel shows real need to allow tank commander to use his binos from the commander's hatch.
  8. L

Battle of the Buldge

I would like to see a Mod on the Battle of the Buldge. It was the largest Battle the US Army every fought. I love RO, but would love to see the Battle of the Buldge game designed with this game engine.
  9. L

Snowy Forrest

Happened on a map today called something like Snowy Forrest. My compliments to the creater of this map. The map was OUTSTANDING and really had me thinking I was in a Soviet Forrest in winter. GREAT JOB!!! But now I cannot seem to find it being played :(
  10. L

Arad Continuation Maps

I would llike to see a couple of continuation maps of Arad. So if the Germans seize all objectives then a new map comes up that has the Russians pushed back to new terrain. And the opposite true if the Russians win. Arad is open terrain, should not be too difficult to come up with extensions...
  11. L

Map Continuations

I would like to see map continuations based on securing objectives. For example in Arad, if the Germans secured every objective then a new map would come up that would have the Germans remaining in their last objecitve that they secured and this same terrain is represented on the new map, but...
  12. L

Best Buy

Was in Best Buy yesterday. They had good supply of RO and also had it showcased in the new game section. They had better stockage from when I first bought it a month ago. Demand must be picking up and why not, it is a great game!
  13. L

T34

Love the speed on the T34. I only hate that it is hard to get others to crew even with the TT label. I know alot of discussion on solo tanking suggests making it a penalty. Well I think there is a penalty now. You cannot load and shoot at same time. So solo tanking is hard to take advantage...
  14. L

KV Tank

I thought the Germans when they first encoutered the KV could not knock it out with their tanks and had to bring up 88 AA guns to take it out. Yet the Panzer IIIs in this game can take it out as easy as any other tank?
  15. L

Call of Duty 2

I had problems with RO last night and could not get it to run. Still working out problem. But decided to go play Call of Duty 2 and while playing recommend to folks I was playing with to try RO. Also, while playing I noticed that there are not as many folks playing Call of Duty 2 as before. I...
  16. L

Problem

Game has been working fine. I logged onto a server tonight and got a blue screen. Now when I try to get the game to run, I get "This Application has requrested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way. Please contact the application support team." Ok I try to contract Steam and they do...
  17. L

Tactics How about those Bolt Action Rifles?

I am amazed that the Germans used those bolt action rifles as long as they did as opposed to the semi auto rifles. You better damn well be with your team and fighting as a team to get any fire power layed down. And better be with them when you move into close quarter fighting like in the...
  18. L

Squad and Fire Team Control

Think the game needs to have a means for the squad leader to better control the squad and team leaders to do same like is the case with Brothers in Arms. In that game team leader has a means of pointing on the ground where the team should move to and to direct them to lay down a base of fire...
  19. L

Campaigns

The old Close Combat Battle of the Buldge game had a nice campaign feature. If a player won a battle, he could move on the map to the next objective. Would be nice to connect maps in this way on RO as part of the campaign the engagement was part.
  20. L

Civilians

I hate bots playing as tankers. But might be good idea to have some civilians wandering around the battlefield in some situations. The towns and villages were not always completely abandoned during the fighting. Also, some could also could play partisans. For those playing Russian, you would...