• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Search results

1. O

Testing on RO2 accuracy rates: Findings and conclusions on sway, fatigue, and zoom

You can hope all you want, but no amount of training will overcome a phoney random factor introduced specifically to make a person less accurate no matter what they do. How is the "sway" going to work in your mod? Will you be able to smoothly traverse the weapon on a flat plane? Or will it...
  2. O

Testing on RO2 accuracy rates: Findings and conclusions on sway, fatigue, and zoom

Bollocks. Close is not only good enough, it's what you are taught to do. You are specifically taught NOT to even TRY to be as accurate as a target shooter on a range is. That is why we fire at centre mass. That is why we fire rapidly and continually until ordered to stop or the target is...
  3. O

Or a trained soldier. Soldiers are taught how to prevent any muscle movement from affecting their accuracy. It's simple: Fire sooner. All you guys saying people shouldn't be able to fire so fast because of sway, have no idea that the way to handle sway is to fire faster. That is REAL WORLD...
  4. O

Why not? This is what I mean in my other post above. Because you don't understand what it is, you don't have any idea when it should happen or why, and make wrong assumptions. No matter what stance you are in, when you are using muscular strength to steady the rifle, the muscles eventually tire...
  5. O

When I was in the army qualifying on the range, we had to shoot at targets up to 300m away. They could be running or motionless, they could be full man size or head and shoulders but they always only appeared for 2 seconds. You never had more than two seconds to see, aim at and shoot a target...
  6. O

Would realistic weapon load outs lessen CPU load?

Well, I am on the lower end of the requirements scale, and I see a performance increase of about 40FPS going to medium from ultra graphics. I did try playing around with the sound settings, and it didn't seem to make any difference at all. I think it's not the setting, its the type of audio or...
  7. O

Would realistic weapon load outs lessen CPU load?

Then how come the only Russian survivor of the real grain elevator battle described one attack that consisted of 200 "tommy gunners" supported by tanks? You are talking about what a single platoon is issued, but that doesn't mean that they would never be formed into ad hoc units like the one...
  8. O

Fourth Floor of the Grain Elevator

It doesn't? Wow. So how come we've all played it then?
  9. O

Gameplay has turned into a campfest...

Well from what I have learned, the rear guard should be capping the zone, while the main force holds the approaches to the zone and the assault force pushes to the next objective. When that assault force gets to the next objective, under cover from the main force, it then holds the cap while the...
  10. O

Gameplay has turned into a campfest...

For all those talking about the invincibility of the MKB hero: We met face to face at opposite ends of the hallway. As best I could tell, we saw each other at exactly the same moment. He died, I never even got hit. It's an OK weapon for everything, but not the best weapon for anything. I met...
  11. O

9 losses in a row

Is English your first language? He is clearly saying there is not a problem with the weapons, but with the people trying to use them. He isn't changing his argument, you are simply not understanding it, or are ignoring it. The weapons are fine. The problem is everyone wants to use them, even...
  12. O

9 losses in a row

No, you are ignoring what he is saying because you refuse to face the truth. The PPSh has realistic recoil, as does the MP-40. Yes, the PPSh has more recoil, but that is because it is firing more bullets. If the MP-40 fired as fast as the PPSh, it would have worse recoil because it is not...
  13. O

Tactics Mkb42

The M-14, FN-FAL and G-3 are battle rifles, not assault rifles. They are too long and too heavy and fire too large a round. That doesn't mean there were no assault rifles at the time. Check this out: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:AME1.jpg Looks like a H&K G-3 or a longer MP-5, doesn't...
  14. O

Why were wounds removed?

Neither the old way nor the new way is even remotely realistic. They are both phoney game mechanics that are simply there to get around the fact very few people actually want realism, even the RO1 old hands. If they wanted realism, they would be demanding that the respawn mechanic be removed...
  15. O

The reason behind all the griefing...

When I'm on allies "all you have to do" rarely gets done. I can position myself to dominate the gullies and get multiple kills in safety and then Germans spend half the round trying to cap the first objective. How else would you expect to dominate the score? By being the best at hiding...
  16. O

Reckon this game will pick up again? ):

Let's see: 4,468 - 4,963 Call of Duty Black Ops 4,283 - 4,283 Battlefield: Bad Company 2 2,833 - 3,104 Day of Defeat: Source 2,665 - 2,816 Red Orchestra 2 http://store.steampowered.com/stats/ Doesn't look like it's doing too bad to me.
  17. O

RO2 and why I will play BF3 more

Really? I play games with team work all the time. Everything you say BF3 has, I say RO2 has. Clearly it's just a matter of opinion. My opinion is that RO1 was no more realistic than CoD, so being less like RO1 is not necessarily a bad thing. A realistic game doesn't artificially limit...
  18. O

Here is my opinion: you're a whiny little girl who sucks at a realistic game and is now crying to mummy asking for her help. RO2 is by far closer to RO1 than anything else on the market, so you have the choice between RO2 and another game that is even less like RO1. Throwing a tantrum and...
  19. O

Reckon this game will pick up again? ):

They are? I see two Aussie servers full at the moment, and this is at 10:37pm NZ time on a Friday night. I've never seen more servers or had any harder time getting on to them since the beta. There are others that are empty, but last night they were full too. It took half an hour before a slot...
  20. O

Bull****. There is nothing that you don't like in RO2 that is not worse in BF3 or those other games. How could BF3 possibly be more like RO1? Seriously, do you think we are dumb? If you think RO2 is bad, then you should, if you are being honest, think BF3 is much, much worse in every respect...