• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Search results

1. J

The Ship - Free Weekend

I'm gonna give this a shot too. I feel for these guys... The Ship forums seem to have dedicated people who like the game, but a small community (reminds me of RO). I don't want to lose anyone from RO, of course, but I'll pick it up and play it on occasion if it's entertaining.
  2. J

Playing RO Mods

In the Free Stuff -> Game Mods it looked like they were downloads, but it appears when you click on them it only takes you to their homepage. Still would be neat if RO mods made it on the list, though.
  3. J

Playing RO Mods

Thanks! So is there a chance RO mods could be downloadable directly over Steam? I noticed while browsing Steam today that a lot of HL2 mods can be downloaded directly.
  4. J

Playing RO Mods

Just wondering how RO (and probably UT2K4) handle mods? The only games I really ever played modded versions of were Tribes 1/2 and BF1942. In BF you had to load up the mod seperately from the game and could only search for modded games to play, but with Tribes it wouldnt' matter - whatever...
  5. J

G15 Feedback and suggestions

It's pretty neat... this is the first real game-support-thing I've used my G15 for. Personally I think that the score list should be completely different. I don't really care who is in the top 1/2/3 spot, but I do care how many reinforcements my team has and how much time is left. I also don't...
  6. J

Have you experienced no kill notification?

I like no death messages for two reasons: 1) It does add that extra dynamic, and 2) Because if I'm getting my ass handed to me, so-and-so doesn't know it was me he killed 10 times in a row... ;)
  7. J

More addicting

I'm still scared of stats after BFStats... it did kill my teamplay because I became too interested in the stats (I'm better now, really :) ). However, one stat on BFStats that was kinda cool was the Axis/Allies win ratio. It would be neat to have single or cross-server stats to see how the...
  8. J

Newbie Q. about VOIP.

Additionally, make sure that: a) In Control Panel -> Sound and Audio Devices -> Audio that the Default Recording Device is correct (either your sound card if you have an Analog mic plugged into it, or the USB mic if you have something else). b) In the same place, but the Volume tab, click...
  9. J

Create Active Channel? VOIP

A 'little' off topic, but someone mentioned the 'local' channel, and I always wondered: If the enemy is near you when you use local, will they hear you?
  10. J

Future Tripwire Games - Are You On Board?

There's actually a game called Mount & Blade that people say has the most realistic melee and medieval weapon systems yet. It's free to play (in Beta)... if you don't mind the plain graphics, it might be worth taking a look at. I personally loved riding horseback and shooting down attackers with...
  11. J

Future Tripwire Games - Are You On Board?

Well, this free week has given me something to think about. Hopefully more people will join RO and see how much fun no-crosshairs/no-conefire can be in an FPS game. Additionally, it made me realise that not everyone likes this sort of game, and that companies obviously need to follow the money...
  12. J

Ticks Me Off...

Actually yes, I do feel a little dirty :) Curiousity got the best of me, I guess.
  13. J

Ticks Me Off...

I'm glad that people who were interested in RO are getting a chance to test it out for free... and I'm glad that they are finding out whether it is the right game for them. Some will obviosly like the game, while others will obviously dislike it. That's the point of the trial! What really ticks...
  14. J

I feel bad...

Yeah, there's something electric in the air... I played a couple hours - nothing substantial... but I really didn't see any asshats. The worst thing is I saw people who were new, trying to figure things out, but honestly weren't 'trying' to be bad... just a little green. And there's nothing...
  15. J

Wow! I am buying this game!

Fantastic news! I knew that we weren't the only crazy ones who loved this game - just needed to sink its teeth into a few more people. So far I've really enjoyed the new players and for a brief period (while they learn and I stagnate) I have a slight edge :p But, even when I sink back into the...
  16. J

So smoke has been forced onto all the maps then

They can just Kamikaze and not lose any points, and get a nice fresh batch of grenades... but someone really 'playing' wouldn't do that, they would rather live and be effective than run out and die just for smoke. I haven't experienced this, but some appear to have seen smoke abused, so I...
  17. J

I finally had a bit of time to try out some maps online... and while I don't have as much time to 'playtest' as some, I didn't see smoke being too much of an issue. One map was Stalingrad Kessel (which many have said should NOT have smoke) and I think it was used twice the entire round... and...
  18. J

I honestly haven't played enough to choose one side or the other with regard to whether the current implementation of smoke is imballanced, but I do have one more thing to say with regard to historical accuracy: In my opinion, IF a troop was historically issued smoke grenades at all, they're...
  19. J

I've been thinking about the history buffs use of each army's 'field manuals' to state that Smoke was not used by either side "becaues it's not in the manual". First a warning: I really don't know much ( ;) ). And I totally understand that I could be 100% wrong in my deductions, but perhaps...
  20. J

Interesting arguments on both sides - I haven't had time to play RO much since the patch, so haven't tried the old maps with smoke. One question, though... It seems obvious that those who know a lot about WWII history are confident that Germany didn't use 'Smoke Grenades' much or at all... but...