• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Search results

1. Le0

The RO2 "Work In Progress" Video/Image Thread - All Welcome!

A bit more advance on my RS map. Thinking about the lighting and general setting still haven't set on anything so advice are welcome!
  2. Le0

Level Design New RS Mapping Contest

This gives a nice incentive to continue working on my map ;)
  3. Le0

Level Design [WIP] RSTE-PhosphatePlant

Sadly RS/RO2 are not game that are meant to be played with very large engagement ranges. As said it takes a tremendous amount of work to make an UDK map work with very large distances because the engine was not meant for it when designed. so you either put less detail then it's a shame cause the...
  4. Le0

Level Design Terrain and Textures

right click on any packages and select fully load :) Sometimes not everything inside a package is loaded by default. It only loads what it needs. If you open an existing map for example only the needed assets are loaded
  5. Le0

Level Design Rising Storm Map Ideas

Hey good idea this thread, also good catch about this battle. I already have an idea for my current map but it might come handy for other people
  6. Le0

Level Design Create new map out of old

Copying a whole map is certainly not very practical, i.e. it crashes 9 times out of 10 usually. However copying some small parts for static meshes arrangements and such can be done quite easily. However I think that modifying a stock map must be doable since that guy making all the...
  7. Le0

RO2 New Engine

I kinda have to agree that the Unreal Engine would not be my first choice of engine to make a mainly outdoor large scale WW2 game. It's just not designed for it from the start, unreal always was a "corridor shooter" while the Crysis game are majorly in outside environments with bigger maps. With...
  8. Le0

Packages is just a way for the SDK to hold everything game related, i.e. textures, sound, static meshes and so on. There is two scenarios. 1. You want to use existing content provided by RO2/RS You need to open the packages that are stored in the RO2/RS game folder which is in the...
  9. Le0

You can totally use the TWI packages which contains textures and models. They are located in the steam folder. Just click the open button in the content browser to open a package By the way just to clear things up, a texture is not what you use in game, you first add a texture to a package then...
  10. Le0

Hey guys, I started playing around with the SDK and I'd like to make an RS map. Here is a WIP shot, only the beginning. Working on the mood/lighting atm. Click to enlarge Thoughts?
  11. Le0

Level Design [Map-WIP] Yakovlevo

Did you make those models yourself? Like the bridge etc..? looks great
  12. Le0

Mapping Contest Phase 1 Winners

Hey guys, congrats to all the winner that worked hard in that damn editor ;) I wish I could still find time to map but you gotta have priorities in life!
  13. Le0

Level Design WIP - Operation Entschlacken

Great job dude, this looks fun
  14. Le0

Good job, looks great
  15. Le0

Beta Map [Map] Moscow Highway

Looks great guys, can't wait to see more
  16. Le0

Rekrut is actually a cyborg from outer space :) Great job guys
  17. Le0

DoorMarker

Probably the bot code doesn't trigger door by default I guess. Don't really see why else it wouldn't work
  18. Le0

Level Design [MAP-WIP] Millerovo

Worked a bit more on this.
  19. Le0

Level Design Slow down player speed in river?

Isn't there a liquid volume or something like that were you could maybe tweak the palyer speed in it? I'm really shooting in the dark here, just a theory
  20. Le0

Beta Map [MAP] Bridges of Druzhina Beta5

great job Harley :)