• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Search results

1. V

Steam or retail?

Well, seeing that I get a discount for owning RO1, I'm tempted to get a digital version, but then existing only as a mark on my Steam account isn't something RO2 deserves in my mind. So, I ask you: Why should/n't I get the Steam version now? What are the goodies I get for buying early compared...
  2. V

Mg42

I hope they will have as stunning a music piece for Battlefield Heroes of Stalingrad!
  3. V

Another TWI Interview - plus screenshots

This. Up there. I've been in the military (light infantry = lots of attacking and counter-attacking) but I doubt I ran like that in full combat gear and carrying an assault rifle. And yeah, I do run a lot. Long distances though, not sprinting like those running monkeys in the pictures...
  4. V

Mg42

Don't worry, I "know" how they will do it: They will add the MG-42 as an unlockable weapon! This way they will have Hitler's buzzsaw in the game without making them too common the battlefield. Please note that this is an educated guess, nothing more.
  5. V

Another TWI Interview - plus screenshots

I have a problem with those running Germans next to the tank... They look like aliens scurrying at USCM infantry. Who raises their arms that high when running? Try doing a crouching run and see if you can get your elbows that high even if you try. This has been an issue for me since the first...
  6. V

Next Crosshairs will be LIVE from TWI's offices

Excellent. Because "enemy spotted" just doesn't cut it in FPS games these days. I'm also glad to hear that they won't have a 3D spotting model
  7. V

What in HOS are you most worried about?

I'm afraid the maps won't be big enough and we'll end up in a twirl of close-up deathmatches in RO2: Danzig.
  8. V

Next Crosshairs will be LIVE from TWI's offices

Real men click on Disable Crosshairs... Seriously though, ask about whether they will have a spotting system.
  9. V

Any word on pre-order bonus items?

A yellow top hat, perhaps? Nah, all I want to know is where they a... I mean when this game is going to be published. Any official news, inofficial rumours or educated guesses?
  10. V

Suppression in ROHOS

True. You die a lot in cover, but I put that on two things: 1) destructible terrain and 2) 3D spotting. These two are a killer combination. People can just fire at your marker even when you are out of sight and hit you through the wall. Not very realistic. In ROHOS cover should, even at its...
  11. V

Suppression in ROHOS

BC2 has the blur effect. Also your screen goes red when you are hit and your ears start humming. Furthermore, your cover will slowly disintegrate unless you are behind earthen obstacles or stones (and even some thick trees) and bullets penetrate light and medium cover. I'd say suppression has...
  12. V

Suppression in ROHOS

I had to descend from Valhalla just to take part in this discussion. It's such an important one. 1) A suppression system based on immersion alone isn't a suppression system. A veteran knows not to flinch when he is fired at, while a rookie may not even realise he's being fired at. Only complete...
  13. V

Not One Step Back!

Hey, let's combine the good ideas here: retreating Soviets will be destroyed by robotic hitl0rs! "You are entering the fire zone of a robotic Hitl0r. Return immediately!" ...and then the skulls and crossbones would soon follow.
  14. V

Why and how did you choose your (ingame) nick

My nick is from an old fiction book featuring a Lieutenant Vonreuter as a minor character. The name sounded cool, and I kind of identified with the character, so when I finally had to choose a nickname for, hmm, the old DoD I think, I chose Vonreuter. Obviously "von Reuter(s)" is a wonderful...
  15. V

Small Sniper Rant

Yeah, can we have the "m m m m monster kill!" in the voices of Hitler and Stalin for the Germans and Soviets, respectively? That should add to realism! Think about hearing these pearls in Odessa or Stalingrad Kessel, our very own Deathmatch maps: BOOM Headshot! M m m m monster kill...
  16. V

In your opinion, Which Weapon is the best?

I'd love to say Kar98k, because I use it the most and I love it, BUT the fact is that the best weapon in the game award goes to... G-41 feels more solid than the SVT-40 and I am a better shot with it, in both aimed and hip shooting, but the long reloading time is a killer, even when you...
  17. V

pick up the primed nade and toss it back to the enemy

NO! IRL people are afraid to die, in games it is a common occurrence. Thus, we are far more heroic than people IRL. Granted, some of that heroism (charging and spraying, holding suicidal positions, etc., etc.) can never be rooted out but we can at least NOT implement those where our lack of...
  18. V

Any plans for more Anti-Tank weapons?

At the start of their war, the Americans were similarly poorly equipped in infantry AT capabilities. The principle was that tanks would take out enemy tanks. Shermans were no match for the late-war German tanks even in massed numbers, however, but the US air superiority prevailed over the steel...
  19. V

Good story

My PzVI was once flipped over by a Clown Car. Thanks Tripwire for a great game! (=Fix the damn Clown Car.)