• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Search results

1. G

Suggested Issues Needing Attention

Has iron-sights-from-sprint been fixed, or does it still snap you to walking speed and provide an instant accuracy boost? If not, that and a fix to the always-ready-to-hipfire LMG would probably see me come back to RO2.
  2. G

Everyone loves a good debate... PC Gamer Article

Maybe. I guess I haven't posted in a month or so, after I installed the game, and I don't think I'll be reinstalling it even when RS comes out. In the meantime I've been having fun playing RUSE (which I missed when it came out) and re-playing Deus Ex (before getting into the sequels). Why did I...
  3. G

MG ramboing

Was it you who argued earlier in the thread that when contact was imminent, machine gunners would lug their MG34s around ready to fire? It's pretty clear in the video that real life doesn't work that way. There are even a couple of points where the soldiers aren't pointing their weapons even...
  4. G

MG ramboing

Just watched most of the M249 video above. Most of the time the gunner is NOT holding the weapon ready to engage (far from "ready to fire all the time when contact is imminent"). When crouching near the tin shed he frequently steadies himself with his right hand on the shed. Clearly contact is...
  5. G

January, 30, 2012

Weapon accuracy is one thing; avatar stability is another. The basic principles of marksmanship which allow a firer to accurately place a bullet are: 1 - The position and hold must be firm enough to support the weapon 2 - The weapon must point naturally at the target without any undue...
  6. G

Upcoming Patch 1.1.0.8 Changelog

Not just you. Still silly that an MG gunner can jog around ready to open fire and only needs to brace the gun once he's opened fire. Especially with a metre of belt hanging out of the gun...
  7. G

Any thoughts on rewarding suppression?

I find the aim jerking to be a pretty good abstraction for flinching, so I don't mind at all. I really think if TWI fixed the suppression traces so it always triggered on close-passing fire, and cut back the radius to somewhere between 1 and 3m, we'd be fine. I really miss the anti-lag...
  8. G

Do you know if TWI is aware of / working on this? If they don't feel like fixing it, is it something that could be adjusted by a mutator so that suppression and bullet snaps occur whenever a round passes by or impacts terrain within 1m of a player?
  9. G

So it's the usual story - if the bugs were fixed, the game would work better... There's very little point doing anything to tweak suppression effects or scoring as long add rounds that pass close to players but do not impact close to them fail to cause suppression.
  10. G

Beta Map [MAP]TE-Rakowice

I think Mord's suggestion is the best one. Remove the territory cap zones around the guns and ammo bunker, and make the satchel objectives active from the start of the map (unless that causes problems with lockdown on realism servers?). Maybe make it even easier to understand by changing the...
  11. G

Objective Capture/Defense Assist Points

Good idea. Also removes some of the perverse incentive to hide in the zone rather than fight for it.
  12. G

Argument that KDR is "unimportant" in this game

Specifically on KDR, very few of the maps are regularly determined by reinforcements running out. Grain Elevator and Mamayev Kurgan are the ones I see going that way most often but on Bridges, Barracks, Sparta, Commissars, Fallen Fighters, Butovo, Red October Factory, Coldsteel I mostly see the...
  13. G

Argument that KDR is "unimportant" in this game

On some maps spawn-run-die is a valid tactic to get enough players into the cap zone. I'm thinking particularly Commissars House A (RU) as most of the fire comes from Germans outside the cap so if enough Russians can survive the rush they will eventually take the cap. It's horribly UN-fun to...
  14. G

OP AT rifle or cheat??

I could understand it going unfixed if TWI are worried it would skew the balance in the game by making it too hard to kill the T34. The problem wouldn't be that T34 is too strong vs PzIV, it would be that the map balance works reasonably well with the current overpowered PzB. Down-rating the PzB...
  15. G

High-ping players: do they affect hit detection for everyone else?

Rabid, you realise this means that you and I are the only ones on the server who can actually aim properly :D
  16. G

Cool, thanks. Will have to check my FPS and make sure it's not that.
  17. G

Ok, thanks. Could the flaky hit detection be the result of a server that is struggling with player load then?
  18. G

Just what it says in the topic. In a server where client-side hit detection is turned on, and most players ping <60ms, does the presence of several players with pings >350ms cause problems in hit detection for the lower-ping players? Mekhazzio and Phoenix_dragon, your knowledge would be very...
  19. G

Classic Mode

I've had a few great games on 40-1 CD Classic server. Thanks for running it!