• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Search results

1. M

Myth-Busting the Ostfront

Second. I thought Maxx was joking. :eek:
  2. M

Instead of throwing a temper tantrum. Ive done my research and there is no difference in the ethnic makeup of an Austrian and a German. Different dialect? Sure. So what? An irish guy from the south and an irish guy from new York have completely different dialects but are still ethnically...
  3. M

Most Atmospheric Scene in a game?

Silent Hill. The most atmospheric game series ever made.
  4. M

Actually that fact is true, the war in the East was 4 years long and the Germans only had numerical superiority in the first 6-8 months of it (Operation Barbarossa).
  5. M

Heres a quote from an article of about Austrians: "Today there are approximately 8 million ethnic Austrians world wide, even though ethnic identification of who is Austrian is almost impossible, as it is mainly a question of national identity and self-definition." Basically this means that...
  6. M

Hitler was Austrian too, whats your point? Theyre so similar that throughout history when it was convienent, the Austrians suddenly called themselves German, when the world hated the Germans again, they became Austrian again. What? VERY early on this was the case, but duirng the east front...
  7. M

Well I know the OP just wanted to start a German bashing thread, but since this is mythbusting, Ill present some evidence. First myth = tiger>all Please go to this link: http://www.alanhamby.com/losses.html There was almost a 6 to 1 ratio for the tigers. Only 3 to 1 for all AFV's total...
  8. M

How about a real commanders seat

I cant imagine anyone forcing you to do anything... This is actually an interesting idea. For solo or dual tankers it would be business as usual... since transportation in a tank is instantanous, it would just be an extra keystroke.But for those who want the full experience (some realism...
  9. M

Dumb Luck Moments

I was on the snowy map with the big bridge (Im terrible at remembering names. I was on the hill at spawn when a t34 appeared on our side of the bridge. He was raping me with machinegun fire and I had already been hit in both legs and the left arm when I whipped out a panzerfaust and fired it off...
  10. M

Red Orchestra 2?

lol! Anyways... I would love to see Red Orchestra updated with the new engine... 64 player support... improved graphics and physics... destructable enviroments... accurate penetration models... can you imagine?! Its amazing what they have done with the current engine, but the future is here...
  11. M

Tactics Lets share our favorite MG places!

I aint sharing my secrets but Ill just say this... I like to ambush with the MG... those parts of the map that you walk through before you get to the "combat zone" I like to be there, already set up. I have no set places, I find a place where either I can ambush or deny the area to the enemy...
  12. M

Uniforms Discussion (Merged 18 times!!)

If it was up to me I would have the Waffen SS in the game with fully accurate uniforms, and their division mark on the tanks (which I think is another cool idea) but I guess some people would get offended. :(
  13. M

Your favorite custommaps

In order of greatness: 1.BDJ 2.Praiserplatz 3.Kurland Kessel 4.Leningrad
  14. M

Tactics Defense: Is it a myth?

Ive been called a camper as an MGer! They were mad becuase I was denying the entire chruch from them on Avalanche.
  15. M

After an extended RO vacation....

Thats the one. Ill be playing that one from now on... its a top notch map! Also one thing... does anyone know where I can get a jpg/bmp/gif of the new title screen? I want it for my computer desktop.
  16. M

After an extended RO vacation....

Last night I decided to fire up RO for the first time in a couple of months. Its not that I got sick of the game, its just new games grabbed my short attention span by the balls. Anyways let me say that the drastic improvements I encountered after such a short time impressed me, and Ill be...
  17. M

Tactics Defense: Is it a myth?

Outstanding. :D In all reality, I love defending... ive always been a defensive minded player in any wargame I play FPS or not. They called it camping in DOD Source though... :rolleyes: But for the average player, defending is boring.
  18. M

Uniforms Discussion (Merged 18 times!!)

But why not add those great ideas to some new uniforms? Winter camo for Germans, Camo uniforms for both sides (The waffen SS werent the only German soldiers with camo uniforms.. they were just the most prevelant.)
  19. M

Guest passes - BIGGEST MISTAKE!

Oh he didnt have to worry about that... as soon as I started screaming to stop and he didnt, I bailed out and ran right in front of a German tank to die... then he TK'd someone.
  20. M

Is this the best game you have ever played?

So many games battle for my affection.... Ill give you my top 5 (This constantly changes). 5. Phoenix Wright:Ace Attorney (DS) 4. Hearts Of Iron 2 Doomsday (PC) 3. Age Of Rifles (PC) 2. Red Orchestra Ost Front (PC) 1. Disgaea (PS2)