• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Search results

1. Holy.Death

Reasons for the lack of teamplay - analysis

I am going to analize elements reasponsible for the overall lack of teamwork in public plays. While I understand it is not realistic to achieve the efficiency of an organized and coordinated units from a bunch of public players I am convinced that with the correct mechanism in place even such...
  2. Holy.Death

[Error] Can't type letters in chat

I have this for some time - sometimes I can't type anything else that numbers and punctuation marks. Sometimes it goes away but when it doesn't I can't write or forgive. It's annoying and troublesome. How to make it stop?
  3. Holy.Death

[Error] Tank training mission (Axis) bugged

Everything is fine until I am ordered to shoot T-34. After I destroy it two sets of voices play over, one saying that I ended the training but nothing happens. I can't change my role in the tank nor the mission ends (and there should be small guide for HE ammunition, I remember from my...
  4. Holy.Death

[Error] "An error occurred while installing Red Orchestra 2 (connection timeout)"

Events as experienced: - I woke yesterday morning and noticed that I have to download 4,279 MB worth of patch. - I checked out patch notes, but found no updates about it on Steam and it's quite hard to find anything related to fixes or patches on forums. - In the meantime my light went off...
  5. Holy.Death

Tactical Zones or Tweak to Cap Zones

This tweak to Spawn System got me thinking. Why people ignore some points of the map that are tactically important? Because they play to maximize their score (for various reasons - because they're on top of the scoreboard, because they think that's the way it's meant to be played or they want...
  6. Holy.Death

[Error] Enemy Fire Mistaken For Friendly Fire By Avatar

Category: Emitter? Reproducibility: Always? Summary: Soviets characters mistake enemy fire for firendly fire. Description: 1. Join a server. 2. Join the Soviet team. 3. Get under enemy fire. I've noted that Soviet soldiers seem to announce "friendly fire" while under fire from the...
  7. Holy.Death

Satchel charge - make them noticeable

I've just been session banned from a server. Twice. All that because I was doing my job as an enginner - trying to destroy bunkers on Mamayev with Soviets in them, for example. I did say on team VOIP - "I am going to blow bunker on the left", then said that charges are armed and when they were...
  8. Holy.Death

Extended command/request system

The enemy resistance is too strong and your squad is being shredded by the enemy. Bodies of your comrades fall to the ground as they try to exchange fire. You cry for the artillery support but your commander has no idea where are you and where do you need it. Sharpshooters are killing people...
  9. Holy.Death

Soviet Storm: WW2 In the East

Soviet Storm: WW2 In the East (Battle of Stalingrad) (bg-subs) - YouTube Edit: Mixed videos. Now it should be correct. It looks like this video doesn't have YouTube subtitles. A more direct place to watch it, with subtitles too. A few words from me - take note when informations about the...
  10. Holy.Death

[Question] How to lower the sound in the background when someone is speaking?

An unusual question - I remember that my headphones allowed me lower the sound in the background when someone was speaking. This would further help me to better understand people in game, right now I lowered a basic sound but this isn't the ideal solution. Does anyone know how to do this? I...
  11. Holy.Death

Change spawning in terrirtory mode

This conversation made me think: People don't care about their lifes, because they know they'll respawn soon. How to make them care? Change spawning. How? Remove spawn time altogether. Force commander will be able to release another spawn wave - it'll be a lot more tactical decision to force...
  12. Holy.Death

A question regarding spawn killing

I have a question to the community, because I didn't see it in any topic on the forums, so I will make my own for it. I was playing the Station map on the Allies side. One of the HMG's was so well placed - looking straight at the Germans - that I had many kills with it (+20) while not being...
  13. Holy.Death

Why the Soviets are losing - analysis

We've seen a lot of topics claiming that Soviets are weaker than Axis for some reason, because they are losing more often. Here I intend to highlight possible factors which are: 1. Team behaviour. 2. Maps design. 3. Weapons & squad management & number of players. 1. Individuals are making up...
  14. Holy.Death

Epic Redist Package - Unsetup has stopped - Problem? working

This is quite strange for me. When I accept to run the game with winslave (Client Steam Service) I see Epic Redist Package window poping up and the that crush: Stranger thing is that when I ctrl+alt+delete the game manages to run. Is that important? My PC config: MS Windows Vista Home Premium...
  15. Holy.Death

Tactics List of uncovered in-game to do's

As you are aware there is no good tutorial or manaual to explain everything to new players. Post here hints what people can do - what they should do - that isn't obvious enough, something you discovered or know that can come in handy. - Contrary to common belief squad leader and commander...
  16. Holy.Death

Commander map bug

When I take commander class and then switch it my map is "moved" that I can't see and I need to restart the game to fix it. It happens after radio usage (then the map pops up, I close it, die, take another class and my map is "moved").
  17. Holy.Death

General feel

I will be honest with you, as the new player to this game although not new to the overall idea (I mean type of play like STALKER, Operation Flashpoint: Cold War Crisis or ARMA), I die a lot. I know that I must learn correct approach to this gamestyle and I accept that. I know that one mistake...
  18. Holy.Death

Tactics Classes

This looks like the best place to post my question, although it doesn't necessarily make it good. I intend to buy Red Orchestra 2 at Tuesday and I have a couple of questions about classes in this game because some things aren't mentioned or shown in videos. There is a lot of classes. Some of...