• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Search results

1. Grobut

New "vaping" trend?

What's a matter baby? One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One...
  2. Grobut

[Game] War Thunder

Pfft, even the humble T-26 could defeat a tractor, to speak nothing of the machine god and it's jolly treads of doom.
  3. Grobut

[Game] Terrania

I hope one of the things they have added is a progression chart of some form, because one of the hardest things to do in Terrania was figuring out what you could or should do next (without having to minimize the game and consult a wiki, this was very much a wiki-game), and all this new content...
  4. Grobut

Getting shot, bondage penalty

I came for the nipple clamps, i leave disappointed..
  5. Grobut

Death in SP games these days

Therein lies the solution methinks. You're not going to get everyone to agree on what makes a good challenge-vs-tedium curve, people are different, and they want different things. This is why games usually have a difficulty setting, which is good, but far more often than not, it's not exicuted...
  6. Grobut

[Game] New IL-2 announced

I'm not disagreeing, but IL2:1946 has both. It too was released with a very limited plane set way back in.. what was it? 2003 when it first came out? But that list has been growing ever since with several expansions, and both Dev and user made planes released with patches and updates, and now...
  7. Grobut

[Game] New IL-2 announced

Yup. CloD is what it is because UBIsoft forced the developers to release the sim even though an infant could see it was nowhere near done or ready, and then, since it wasen't a success (how could it have been in this condition?), UBIsoft dropped it like a hot potato, giving the Dev's no means to...
  8. Grobut

[Game] Sim City

Well i for one welcome it with open arms :) Why? Because the more EA ruins their own games with crap like this, the less tempted i'll be to give them any of my money.
  9. Grobut

[Game] Sniper Elite: Nazi Zombie Army

Popular monsters are symbolic of a time periods fears. Godzilla was symbolic of nuclear war in a post Hiroshima Japan, Dracula was symbolic of latent and forbidden sexual desires, that sort of thing, they are abstractions and demonizations of a theme. Zombies are popular today because the thing...
  10. Grobut

[Game] Aliens: Colonial Marines

Yup. There's been no shortage of Alien mods, i've seen them in the works for many a game and many an engine, people really do want a good Alien game, even if they have to make the damned thing themselves. But Fox kills them every bloody time with a CaD-order. If Fox was as dilligent in...
  11. Grobut

Honestly, i am not a man who belives in things like curses, but the Alien(s) franchise is starting to look like compelling evidence of their existance.
  12. Grobut

Not sure why you'd lump BL2 in with this turd, probably the worst thing i can say about BL2 is that it was a bit of a damp squib, but it was actually a better game than the first BL, so i really can't muster up any hatred twords it, it's just kinda "meh, it got old". Colonial Marines on the...
  13. Grobut

[Game] Steam X-Mas Sales - What'chu Got?

Yes, very wrong! But you're not alone, i'm just as wrong.
  14. Grobut

Best Steam sale ever?

Wow that is made of fail :D
  15. Grobut

PPSh-41's monstrously exaggerated, unfair, pathetic, unrealistic recoil

Well i for one enjoyed the read, and i tip my hat to you for your time spent. Although, allow me one caveat: I did not see any data for the PPSh-41 muzzlebrake on your fine list, which admittedly would be a right pain to calculate without knowing the exact distribution of gasses as they escape...
  16. Grobut

PPSh-41's monstrously exaggerated, unfair, pathetic, unrealistic recoil

No, nobody has presented any evidence for why this should be realistic, and nobody will, because no such evidence exists. Infact, logic dictates that the real PPSh-41 should have less per-shot recoil than the MP-40, because it's a heavier gun, it fires a smaller caliber, and it has a recoil...
  17. Grobut

[Image] The Picture and GIF thread

Meh, tastes like rasberries.
  18. Grobut

This makes me sad!

I have never obsfuscated that it is my opinion rather than imperical fact, this beeing the reason i took great care to state it as "For me" rather than "Fact is". But it IS my opinion, that IS how i see it, and how a lot of the "rivet counters" of the old RO community saw it aswell, and why we...
  19. Grobut

This makes me sad!

No that's not funny, what IS funny is that you'd read all of that, including how "Ost walked a fine line and it woulden't take much to break it" (paraphrased), and yet you can't see the folly in chasing that down with "it's the same, except some stuff is different". Yeah, there are differences...
  20. Grobut

This makes me sad!

Then allow me to cut away the fatty brim of hyperbole, and present the argument as soberly as it can be: It's no secret that i'm very keen on the whole realism/historical-accuracy/tactical-play angle, and that i do not like quasi-realistic shooters like CoD, CS or Moh. They simply do not appeal...