• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Search results

1. defektive

Cover Exploits & Stance Problems

An MG gunner can place himself just on his side of the crest of a hill so that all that can be seen from the other side is a tiny black dot, the tip of the MG - you can see no head but he can still see you clearly. This is most noticable on Mamayev Kurgan. This should probably be fixed...
  2. defektive

The Eye In The Sky

You know, in Classic mode I could very well live without that UAV thing providing 21st century instant battlefield awareness to the entire side every few minutes. Even the most technologically advanced modern armed forces can't provide that sort of real time information to every single soldier...
  3. defektive

Battle Chatter - Position Give-away

I think 25% of the time I die because my avatar won't shut the f_ck up. Is there any way to stop my avatar from screaming out his position by repeatedly shouting "I'M BEHIND YOU!" (or words to that effect)? I like the chatter when it takes place during the defence of a cap but when not in the...
  4. defektive

Sticky Lean Troubles

I've posted about this before but I'm unsure if this is a bug or a 'feature', and of course I don't know if it's just me! It's difficult to recreate reliably but here's the skinny on what I'm having trouble with:- Sometimes when I ADS whilst crouch-looking at the edge of some cover with the...
  5. defektive

5 Second Spawn Immunity

Grant 5 seconds of immunity to all spawnees. + able to escape spawn campers and artillery. + can reach spawn area exits (that can be legitimately overwatched) but not enough immunity time to get out in complete safety. + renders spawn point TK nade suicides almost impotent. + maps don’t...
  6. defektive

New thing: frequent 0.5sec pauses

I've not had much trouble running this game since release, save for the micro-stutter that almost everyone experiences, but as of a few days ago the game has started to stall every minute or so: everything locks up, even the sound, for 0.5 seconds. This only happens with online play, doesn't do...
  7. defektive

Make PV Indicators easier to see on widescreens

Peripheral Vision (PV) indicators are a nice idea*, but they are all but invisible for folks playing on large widescreens. As the PV indicators on such screens almost fall within PV themselves they need to be much more conspicuous, such as rapidly flashing black and white. (Human PV is able to...
  8. defektive

Enemy Movement Sounds

Are the enemy meant to be silent? Many, many times I've been picked off by someone right behind me or off to one side that I didn't hear coming, even when its quiet. Enemy run past me but their footfalls make no sound at all, so unless I see them for all intents and purposes they're not there...
  9. defektive

Bandages

There are several threads about the current bandage system, and about how a more desirable RO1-like damage model was dropped just prior to release in favour of the current comedy insta-heal offering. It
  10. defektive

Unable To Spawn When Someone Takes Your Role

Sometimes whilst waiting to spawn I hear a click as if I've made a menu selection, and actually haven't, the menu mouse pointer appears, and low and behold I don't spawn when the counter reaches zero. Why? Because I've been bumped out of the role by someone and the role selection screen...
  11. defektive

MKb Gunfire: Sound & Stutter Issue

a) It sounds awful, like it's being clipped and amplified. b) It causes a dramatic drop in frame rate, from ~50 down to ~10, while being fired at me from close range. The njubgun is bad enough but this gets compounded by the stuttering when it's being fired at me. Interestingly, this...
  12. defektive

Map Cap Zones Misaligned

Most of the dotted line cap zones on the map appear to be much larger than they should be and in a lot of cases overlap significantly. Only once or twice have I seen the zones in the proper scale on the map but I can't remember what I was doing at the time to see them in this proper state.
  13. defektive

Interruptible Reload Cycle

Should the reload cycle be interrupted by other actoins, such as melee?
  14. defektive

Cover: Rises up instead of leaning

Occasionally, when crouched close to a wall (not locked into cover), I cannot lean to shoot past it but instead the avatar slowly rises as if standing up. Shuffling doesn't seem to clear the bug but backing off a bit then leaning does. It appears that altho from my playing perspective the...
  15. defektive

MKb Sound Clipping & FPS Drop

There are a bazillion threads in here so apologies if this has already been raised. The shooting sound effect for the n00bgun^h^h^h^h^h^h^hMKb seems to be clipping nastily, be it fired first person or otherwise. Not only does it sound like ear-ripping static but it also has an adverse effect...
  16. defektive

Melee attack should interrupt reload cycle

What it says on the tin. :D
  17. defektive

General Quick-Win Suggestions

Quick-win suggestions; (seemingly) simple changes that could significantly improve the core game play:- - Melee action should interrupt the reload cycle. - Tweak the cover system at windows to make aiming down easier. Currently the window ledge pops up and down when you aim down...
  18. defektive

How To Complete Training Missions - Bug Avoidance Tips

I know that this is a bugs thread but perhaps a list of solutions to get through the enormously buggy training missions might be useful. Here are the problems and solutions I've encountered thus far... Axis Training Mission #1 - Basic Training Problem: Targets won't drop while holding breath...
  19. defektive

Axis Campaign - Stuck on Tank Training

In the Tank training part of the Axis campaign I'm stuck at the point where it asks you to blow up various buildings with HE. I did that but it won't progress beyond that point. How do I get past this? So far I've bugged out of this campaign training thing at almost every single stage: SMG...
  20. defektive

A Postcard

Postcard from a lurking, wrong-side-of-35yo RO1 vet