• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Search results

1. [SM]Fluttershy

My Opinion about RO:HoS

I'll admit I played CoD4:Modern Warfare and enjoyed it; it was a nice change of pace from the WW2-themed CoDs and it was interesting to see a "current era" style of warfare/technology represented in the game. When they began to branch out further with the abominations like MW2 and beyond...
  2. [SM]Fluttershy

RS Random non-controllable hollering by your character

In some cases (i.e. where you are completely alone in a forward OP 10-20m ahead of your defensive line) it makes sense for your avatar to either whisper or shut up in general. Specifically when reloading and no teammates are around, your character shouldn't start screaming about changing a...
  3. [SM]Fluttershy

RS Close Quarters Mortaring

I still find it remarkable that if a Japanese team doesn't watch their flanks (when defending) that I can consistently roll up as a flamethrower and burn out anywhere from 6-14 Japanese from the point before being gunned down. Hell, even if it was just 6 Japanese killed due to flanking with the...
  4. [SM]Fluttershy

RS Flamethrower underpowered?

Personally I've found that if you can lay low and manage to successfully flank an enemy objective, you likely will kill anywhere from 4 to 14 players before someone wises up and guns you down. I find it remarkable that every few lives I can successfully pull this off, though a huge mistake on...
  5. [SM]Fluttershy

Firing from cover score

To gamers with a lot of experience with FPS's who metagame and take calculated risks, getting blindfired typically is not even a concern (unless you're <5-10M away from them) as the accuracy seems to be horrifically wonky. In addition, you only have to worry about blind-firing SMGs and to a...
  6. [SM]Fluttershy

Type 100 has too much suppression?

He would likely eliminate you if he was armed with any SMG. SMGs have a significant advantage at ranges <50M and are still pretty effective even at ~100M. Personally I'd congratulate him as he managed to evade being the victim of flamethrowers, BARs, garand fire, etc.; As an MG player it's...
  7. [SM]Fluttershy

Medics

I, too, am curious about this.
  8. [SM]Fluttershy

RS Level 50 weapons 1,2,3 chevron choices

To my understanding, your weapon retains the proficiency level that you've reached and all its associated bonuses regardless of which chevron/"grade" of weapon you select. For example, I personally enjoy using the standard MP40 (I am L50 with my MP40) so that would be the first chevron/lowest...
  9. [SM]Fluttershy

Thx to reveal the Spirit...

A simple compromise (at least for the menu screen) would be to have a selectable option for which background+background music was playing when you start up RO2:HOS/RS. Seems like a simple temporary fix, you know?
  10. [SM]Fluttershy

RO2 Allow possibility to enter buidlings

There are a few unusual instances in Rising Storm, specifically on Saipan, where there are buildings that have openings that one would think you would have to mantle over to get inside when in actuality you simply can't enter them and they are just a gigantic piece of "cover." These buildings...
  11. [SM]Fluttershy

new nvidia driver is out 320.49

Thanks for the quick reply, I'll have to clean install the new drivers when I finally get out of work next week.
  12. [SM]Fluttershy

Question about the Skins...

Far, far too true- especially the Russian Winter Hero uniform changing to a darkish Green (I think?).
  13. [SM]Fluttershy

I typically do a clean install using the aforementioned methods; I think I may need to clarify my question a bit more, though. On the Nvidia driver release information, was there anything explicitly listing RO2 as performing better with this driver than the second most recent drivers...
  14. [SM]Fluttershy

Tactics Guide For Effective Team Work

I would appreciate this immensely; Would help those that are trying to get into specific squads have a far easier time with selecting a class in time. In addition, the Squad System may need be to be slightly tweaked so that Squads 3, 4, 5, etc. are not completely empty. Nothing is stranger...
  15. [SM]Fluttershy

Small Meaningful Request

A little microphone or insignia alerting nearby friendlies that you are communicating via VOIP would be very helpful, especially when alerting nearby friendlies of a grenade, incoming banzai, etc.
  16. [SM]Fluttershy

Saipan - Fish

I just remember on one Saipan round noticing the fish and screaming beligerently using Allied VOIP that there were fish in the water. 18 players retreated from the front-line to enter the water, look at the fish and in some cases shoot & grenade the fish. It was such a bonding experience for...
  17. [SM]Fluttershy

Question about the Skins...

Essentially as you go level up from Raw Recruit to Highly Decorated (Hero if a slot is open on your team) your character goes from having his uniform/face/arms looking clean and new (Raw Recruit) to being weathered, dirty and worn down (Highly Decorated/Hero). The idea behind this is to...
  18. [SM]Fluttershy

Snipers!!!

Perhaps this is just me, but I've found that playing the marksman class with the scoped rifles tends to be far more difficult than using just a regular ol' bolt-action rifle. The lack of "clutter" when it comes down to aiming down the sights with a regular bolt-action rifle usually results in...
  19. [SM]Fluttershy

For this Nvidia driver, were there any performance increases listed for RO2:HOS/RS? Every other time I've updated my drivers for my GTX 580 performance in-game fluctuates like crazy.
  20. [SM]Fluttershy

Melee with Binoculars

The frightening part is that you can Banzai charge with the Binoculars out. Led a group of eight Japanese riflemen into a trench with three Americans; the American with the Thompson freaked out on VOIP as I beat him down with them. I just wish you could "bonk" people with grenades (not doing...