• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Search results

1. D

RS Defending and reinforcements

I recently played a 2-round RS game on Saipan as the Japanese. Round one was very unusual in that the first 4 points got steamrolled by the Allies- we didn't put up much of a fight at all. The reinforcement situation, however, was very favorable- much more favorable than it usually is. As a...
  2. D

Commander's "Squad chat" should address only Squad Leaders

We've all been in a game at some point where the TL was constantly asking for marks. It can get annoying when you're not a SL and you still have to listen to it. Why not utilize the unused "squad chat" channel for the TL and have it converse exclusively with the SLs? There wouldn't be as...
  3. D

RS Non-RS owners forced to auto-select team

I've noticed that different servers have different settings for how much of an imbalance is allowed. Some servers enforce a maximum one man difference between sides, whereas others set the limit higher. I've also noticed that, on most maps, people tend to prefer the American side. I have an...
  4. D

RS Pre-patch win/loss statistics

Since the patch released today will mean some major balance changes, it seems fitting to post the stats of (nearly) all the games I've played in since release. I only recorded data from the match if I joined in the first 2 minutes and the server had at least 40 people- most data is from fully...
  5. D

RO2 Commander Incentives

Ever since Rising Storm was released, Squad Leaders have been at the top of nearly every scoreboard due to the points they get for spawning teammates. It's simply 1 point per spawn, even if the SL is in spawn. I think it's a little excessive personally, and could use some tuning. However, I am...
  6. D

Prone soldiers briefly standing, revealing position.

I've noticed numerous times, but only since Rising Storm, a glitch in which soldiers who are prone briefly appear standing, revealing their position even when they are behind objects. I recorded this: Rising Storm glitch - YouTube which I believe shows what I'm talking about. Sorry I don't have...
  7. D

Deaths

We still need to know how many times players have died. It should be listed right next to kills. There is no reason not to list it except allowing people to passive aggressively grief servers by rushing to their death and forcing the team to run out of reinforcements. This has been necessary...
  8. D

Can RO2 players pick up Rising Storm weaponry?

I just recently learned that RO2 players can play RS as Riflemen. Are they allowed to pick up other weaponry? If so, what's to stop people from killing teammates and grabbing their superior firepower? Seems like high backfire potential.
  9. D

Squad Leader 1

One of the first things I noticed with Rising Storm is that the first squad leader has become a much more vital role. SL1's squad is much larger than anyone else's, and as a result he spawns a small army around him wherever he goes. He's invaluable on offense for concentrating your forces on one...
  10. D

Bad mechanics

EDIT: Wrong forum. The following rant is about Red Orchestra 2, not 1. But it applies to both. So, on account of the guest passes, I decided to come back to this game and see what it's like when people are playing it. The first thing I noticed is that it runs beautifully. At least compared to...
  11. D

Community's opinion on map balance

I'd like to do a brief poll on the balance of the maps in RO2. Win/loss statistics are hard to gather in pub games where everyone's switching teams, so I figure the community's opinion is as valuable as any data that exists. However, since everyone's opinion on specific maps will be different...
  12. D

What do you think of non-assault territories maps?

I believe they are Red Barracks, Pavlov's House, Fallen Fighters, and Gumrak. In these maps, there is no lockdown timer and no one is on offense or defense. The map is decided either when one team owns all of the points, or when the time runs out the winner is whoever owns the majority of the...
  13. D

Why does Territories not "switch sides" like Countdown?

I prefer a fast-paced Territories game, but right now Countdown seems like the most balanced gametype. It seems this way because the Russians and Germans alternate offense and defense, eliminating the need for balance in the maps at least, never mind the balance of the armies. Both sides get a...
  14. D

I lose sound, either partially or entirely, after one or two rounds.

I'm still having this on a consistent basis. Either the sound is there one round and then there's just a loud "speaker popping" sound whenever I load up another round, or it just goes away slowly and I can only tell when someone's shooting at me and I don't hear it. Compared to most of the...
  15. D

Sound goes, either partially or entirely, after one or two rounds.

I'm still having this on a consistent basis. Either the sound is there one round and then there's just a loud "speaker popping" sound whenever I load up another round, or it just goes away slowly and I can only tell when someone's shooting at me and I don't hear it. Compared to most of the...
  16. D

Map statistics for different numbers of players

I'd be interested in knowing, first of all, if there are any slightly definitive win/loss statistics for different maps, so that we could know how the maps are currently balanced. Moreover, I'd be interested in statistics for the same map containing different numbers of players, as in 8v8...
  17. D

Time limits and point captures

...should be less important. As it is they are the defining factor in almost every map. War is about people, and it is about killing. A battle was never won by standing on a point. And egg timers won surprisingly few battles in WW2. Every battle should end with either reinforcements being...
  18. D

Sudden Death

Every singe game of Territories ends arbitrarily with the attackers capturing the last point, even if the attackers have 7 men on the point and the defenders have 5. Not much of a victory, and especially anti-climactic for the defenders who are probably waiting at a suitable defensive position...