• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Search results

1. D

Imho

http://freemontsoffice.com/2010/11/24/i-hate-when-that-happens/
  2. D

Iwo Jima being horribly unbalanced?

From personal experience, it all depends on how long you can hold the line at A and B, preferably without losing either. You don't have to get lockdown, but that's your best shot. I've played Iwo Jima 7 times since the Betio patch, 6 as axis, 1 time as allies. 4 wins as axis, 1 tie, 1 loss. 1...
  3. D

RS Defending and reinforcements

I was going to suggest that this thread be moved to tactics, but this is a actually a good idea. I think that a "hard limit" on reinforcements per point would be too much. Each set of points should have a "reinforcement threshold" where the TL (or even better, everyone) is informed that they...
  4. D

RS Defending and reinforcements

I recently played a 2-round RS game on Saipan as the Japanese. Round one was very unusual in that the first 4 points got steamrolled by the Allies- we didn't put up much of a fight at all. The reinforcement situation, however, was very favorable- much more favorable than it usually is. As a...
  5. D

Commander's "Squad chat" should address only Squad Leaders

Right on the mark with everything. I feel like it would not only be a good feature (for requesting things that only a SL can provide) but it would also simulate a certainoptional method of simulating chain of command. Pretty much for RP purposes only- although keeping the lines of communication...
  6. D

Still highly doubtful of that. You really don't seem to grasp that nothing would change as a result of this. The TL would still be able to communicate with his team. But feel free to go on a tirade about how important teamwork is for no reason whatsoever. The way that I'm quoting you now-...
  7. D

Why quote my post if you're not even going to read it?
  8. D

It isn't! And I wasn't sure either! I actually went into a game to test it as I was posting this thread. Team chat would still be available. Artillery is relevant to every member on the team when it's coming down, not so much when it's being marked. TL can use Squad chat to ask for marks...
  9. D

Sure, but you still could. He would just have to use team chat, like he does currently.
  10. D

We've all been in a game at some point where the TL was constantly asking for marks. It can get annoying when you're not a SL and you still have to listen to it. Why not utilize the unused "squad chat" channel for the TL and have it converse exclusively with the SLs? There wouldn't be as...
  11. D

Make Auto-Assign mandatory.

Why? The maps are balanced across a number of variables. There are plenty of maps (cough, betio, cough) in which the defenders need the extra man more than the attackers. It would make sense in real life, but RO2 maps don't need to cater to the attacking team for balance as I see it. It should...
  12. D

Suppression = Fumbling reload

Great idea. New animations are tricky though.
  13. D

will peripheral view indicators ever be fixed ?

Personally I could do without them. I mean, I like being able to clear out the jungles on Hanto and Guadalcanal by being able to hear jap footsteps over pounding BARs, but it doesn't feel quite right. Ultimately aerial recon and the minimap (if enabled) will give you all the intel you need-...
  14. D

RO2 new style of forced respawn

You are correct. It is true regardless of what I say. I don't need evidence what I say is fact citation needed NO I SAY FACT NEEDED I AM RIGHT. There. Am I doing it right? Did I convince you?
  15. D

Strangely relevant...
  16. D

When you "misunderstand" something you don't declare everything you say factual, question the need for citation, and suggest that I need more experience at the game in order to understand what he's talking about. People have offered a unanimous explanation to him and he chose not to accept it...
  17. D

You have just summed up the entire thread. You have no idea what you are talking about. Spawning works the same in Realism and Classic- people only spawn before the spawn wave when your character just died and you are seeing them in the list briefly because they haven't yet spawned in the...
  18. D

Make Auto-Assign mandatory.

I would like this very much because I always press auto-balance, and I pretty much always get placed on the less popular team. I've kept stats. As far as Japs/Americans go it's 75%/25% respectively, but some maps in which the Americans are popular like Kwaj or Iwo, I get Japanese >80% of the...
  19. D

CITATION. NEEDED. http://wiki.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?title=Classic_Mode Click the link. Show me in there where it says that spawning in classic mode is different from spawning in realism mode in the way that you describe. Spoiler alert: it isn't. The fact that it isn't combined...
  20. D

PPSh-41's monstrously exaggerated, unfair, pathetic, unrealistic recoil

Possibly the worst, most biased "poll" I have ever seen. Would you like to be less biased in sensationalist in the future? If not, then click "maybe."