• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Search results

1. T

First impressions(new players) and second impressions(returning players)

Bought it on release. Waited months for performance issues to be fixed. (Getting low FPS and stuttering on a high-end rig) After a few months of no fixes I uninstalled and continued playing other games. Wondering if they've ever improved the game to use more than 20% of my CPU. Might...
  2. T

The best graphics on running red orchestra 2 on highest settings

Yeah since it can't use any of the cores in modern CPU's , one must use the brute-force technique of simply going for the highest possible clock-speed on two cores. It's 2006 again.
  3. T

Should I upgrade my CPU?

Upgrade? Don't do it for this game, lol. I run this game on one of the most powerful PC's you could possibly build and struggle to get FPS above 50.
  4. T

performance issues

The game doesn't use the resources of a modern PC anyways. On my 980x CPU i was getting maybe 25% usage even while the performance tanks to below 50 FPS. GPU usage was low as well since the game is choking on something and not letting the CPU work to send frames to my GPUS. I just re-installed...
  5. T

Eyefinity support

What's the point of portrait mode eyefinity? It's the same aspect ratio as a normal screen just bigger, and now you have bezels in the way.
  6. T

performance issues

So have you guys given up on optimizing your game so it actually works well on high end rigs? Crap performance kept me from playing this game since release.
  7. T

[Info] Horrible performance / optimisation.

Game still performing like garbage. Slightly better this time, but I still get stuttering and sound hitches even in the game's main menu. I guess I'll just give up now and write this game off as a charitable donation to TWI.
  8. T

I get worse performance slightly than you (same average FPS, but my drops can be right to zero with a massive stuttering mess every so often) but I've got a kick-*** computer here with a 4.8gHz CPU and 3 gtx580's. Game performs like crap on high end machines. I gave up and play BF3 at 120 FPS...
  9. T

I won't be buying this game anytime soon

Safe to say? It's ludicrous to say otherwise. Worst performing game on my system. (4.8gHz i7, 3 gtx580's) I get over 80 FPS in Metro 2033, Crysis2 and Battlefield 3. In RO2 I'm lucky if I get 35- 50 Fps with stutters and drops to 0 along with the sound popping and glitching. I want my...
  10. T

How much fps will i have with: gtx580/i52500k, etc?

What the ****. I've got a 2600k at 4.8gHz, and 3gb 580's and can't get decent FPS with this game. Are you guys just lying?
  11. T

An interesting insight into the issue of draw calls on the PC

Well, batlefield 3 is a bit buggy, but at least it's running like a proper PC game. 70-90 FPS at 5760x1080 resolution with ultra settings. CPU cores all working hard. Using 2240 MB of VRAM, all 3 GPU's pegged at 99% usage evenly and no stuttering and sound popping. It's glorious! Why I'd ever...
  12. T

I've tried with HT on or off, same crappy performance either way.
  13. T

The Support Forum.

Don't bother searching that useless support forum you won't find anything there besides the Dev's blaming our PC's for not being able to handle it while they continue to patch the game without fixing a god damned thing.
  14. T

This is the worst performing game on my system. I have an i7 2600 at 4.8gHz, 8gb ram, 3way SLI of GTX580 3gb cards. I get between 39-70 FPS normally, with the dips to the 30's quite frequent, as well as stutters in the sound that cause it to stutter to 0 FPS. If an almost 5 gHz CPU and 3...
  15. T

The Support Forum.

Battlefield 3 comes out in 12 hours. Guess I give up on playing RO2 for good now as there will be no more temptation to play this buggy, low performing mess when a game that's actually using my CPU's and GPU's more than 20% and actually runs above 50 FPS like it should on this system. Broken...
  16. T

Okay, this is all well and good, but why can't you make the game use my damn CPU more? I'm on a 4.8 gHz i7 2600k and can't get more than 40% CPU usage while the game is running like a slug and using 30% GPU. If it was choking on draw calls wouldn't the CPU be maxed? If the game is only able...
  17. T

Can devs enlighten regarding dual GPU

At least I can play this game without using the fans on my radiators. Since nothing is being used it doesn't heat up the system :)
  18. T

It's the lack of software layers that's letting it happen. If we bypassed directx and windows and just the the games use the hardware directly, it would be alot better for PC.
  19. T

I have a feeling that using UE3 engine isn't helping things much at all either. It was free, so I can understand the choice, though.
  20. T

[Tuning] Dual GPU Utilization only 50%

Yeah. I'm afraid by the time I get to play this with good enough performance to be able to put up with there will be no players left :( Awaiting future patches. I'll throw up another perfdump before I uninstall again.