• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Search results

1. L

Lockdown, your oppinoin

Lockdown just needs tweaks. Capping a point should add time, that's it. Lockdown represents high command deciding an assault is far too costly and isn't working, so they pull back. *shrug*
  2. L

How to balance MGs and make them overall more desirable class.

While you're correct in that an LMG shouldn't be used like an HMG, the suppression effect is, I feel, a necessary thing for a game to be "realistic." Yes, you may have people dive for cover or what have you, but since they know they will respawn in 5-15 seconds if they die (and hey, they're...
  3. L

Tactics Static MMGs: utterly useless?

These are pretty dangerous to use, but if you just use them for a short period they contribute a ton of lead to a fight, providing a big distraction/amount of cover for your teammates.
  4. L

Tactics 1 hit kill on panzer 4 (from the front)

But what is 20% "ordinary damage?" There are not Hitpoints, so the only thing that can happen are system failures.
  5. L

Tank Improvements

Isn't Squad chat the replacement for vehicle chat in RO2? That allows intersquad communication. The problem is there is no identification of your fellow crewmates right now, so you don't recognize names as easily. And you say another guy in a tank is unnecessary, but with proper communication...
  6. L

Tank Improvements

Agree with most of that, but not sure about Tank Locking. One of the more irritating things about tanking in RO1 was the selfish lone wolf tankers. They keep using the tanks as stationary artillery and get killed because they're not able to maneuver when an enemy tank approaches. However, if...
  7. L

Stop being a tourist.

It's kinda weird that I rarely ever see any Soviet themed clans. It's always German ones. Join a game, and see SS or Pzr Grn or what have you and they always are on the German team, as if they really start thinking they're that particular unit. Team balance be damned.
  8. L

Why in the stats there is no deaths?

Kill/Death ratio is typically the death of teamwork in FPS's, so it's preferable to have that not be a stat. Instead, a focus on the experience points you get from Team Score should be the primary stat you should care about. It's hard enough to get people into capzones without them worrying...
  9. L

For the love of God remove the melee scream

Well then you run the risk of having this happen: WANT TO BE COMPETITIVE? ENABLE "STEALTH SILENT SOLDIER MODE" WANT TO HANDICAP YOURSELF? LEAVE IT OFF!
  10. L

Well, he's wanting to be silent about it...but this isn't Commandos. And besides, there's been plenty of times where someone near me has been shot and killed and I didn't notice it was right next to me because of how tunnel-vision'd I was. So yeah, instead of risking melee, get your pistol out...
  11. L

Not...necessarily or even really close to accurate. From all my studies and interviews with veterans when I worked for my Uni's War Society I learned that most of these soldiers were NOT able to compose themselves or shut off their emotions. Emotions were always running wild, but some could...
  12. L

Tactics How to not get TK'd.

Last night I had my MG set up covering across a canal/bridge area so people could get to cover without being sniped by the window Germans. No less than four Russians MANTLED OVER THE COVER I WAS DEPLOYED ON and I had to stop firing each time. Also I was firing diagonally across the cover...
  13. L

Character shouting in game, please let us have the option to make our character mute?

The number of people who continue trying to talk after they are breathless is staggeringly high. Running marathons, etc and someone is always back there going, "I'm so tired, gosh I'm so tired I can't breathe."
  14. L

Yeah I think it's fine. This isn't Metal Gear: Ostfront. From everything I've studied, an ordinary person having to kill someone up close and personal is a far more harrowing affair than shooting them from a distance (especially in the extreme of pilots deluding themselves into not thinking any...
  15. L

Pistols: Can anyone use them effectively?

I had some amazing runs with the pistol last night. I was an AT gunner and half the fighting was taking place in a house, so I was like "well crap" until my pistol gave me like a 5 person kill streak. Much respect, pistol.
  16. L

PPSh is dulled in close combat!

I'm one who finds the RO2 PPsh much, much easier to use than in RO1. I no longer have to do this number: click light and let go, then tug down on the mouse like it's some kind of notre dam quasimodo nonsense before i start clicking again.
  17. L

Suppression fail?

I'm going to go out on a limb and assume that people firing guns around you at a firing range is maybe slightly different than the same situation on a battlefield where people are actually trying to kill you. Also, you're talking about WITH ear protection. I'm not sure that was commonplace for...
  18. L

Bionic eye

The zoom represents focusing on an object. Ever done that before? It's giving yourself some tunnel vision in order to gain clarity on a distant object. It happens, yo.
  19. L

RO Mod/41-45 Vet's List of Changes

Yeah, if there's going to be any kind of deflection in this game, it should only happen if the armor vs gun caliber match-up would allow it given the distance.
  20. L

Character shouting in game, please let us have the option to make our character mute?

But wouldn't it be very tactically unsound to go to a new position with an empty or near empty clip, when it could be full of enemies? And also, if you have teammates nearby to "fire off" the shout clip, they're going to be making noise too in all likeliness.