• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Search results

1. ROII4Me

Invalid Packet kick and ban

As of today I cannot play RO II. I keep getting session bands for Invalid Packet. I looked it up and it said it was the firewall not working with the Punkbuster files. But I do NOT HAVE A FIRE WALL and it happens even when I am running no anti-malware. The internet connection seems normal, I...
  2. ROII4Me

[Error] Service Communication Error: PnkBstrA.exe

OK I was getting the D3D Error. I fixed that ultimately by updating my NVidia drivers. Now I get kicked from the Service Communication Error: PnkBstrA.exe I have tired several fixes relating to the Firewall. No good. I uninstalled PB and reinstalled. No good. Now my Firewall is OFF. My...
  3. ROII4Me

[Error] D3D Error Failed to create D3D device.

the D3D error was resolved
  4. ROII4Me

RS Weird Ping Issues

I am hoping someone might have some insight and suggestions. I am staying at my sister's place while she is away. They recently had an upgrade to their Time Warner internet, since I was last trying to play RO2/RS from this location. I am connecting via wireless. Internet speed tests from...
  5. ROII4Me

What? No Barrel Change on MG?

Was change barrel removed from ROII? I could have sworn I saw it in my Options lists at some point. But I never used it because I never played that class. I also am almost certain I saw someone else changing their mg barrel recently, when I as in death cam view. I recently started playing MG...
  6. ROII4Me

For the love of Firefight!

I find it curious that Americans, by and large, do not play Firefight mode. Granted, I am an American, and I didn't play it much throughout my RO career. But after the same maps over and over, same tactics, same everything, it is nice to play some fast and loose pickup games. And when I am...
  7. ROII4Me

Where is my SVT scope?

I just leveled up the Soviet sniper rifle to L50, hoping I might end up with a semi-automatic rifle with a scope. The reason I thought that might happen is, I leveled my SVT-40 up to Level 50 oh about 100 years ago. OK maybe it is only like 2 years ago, but I have NEVER spawned with a scope...
  8. ROII4Me

RS Which version should my friend buy?

I see Rising Storm for sale as download for $20. Will that allow access to the Japanese maps only? Or Will he get the Russian German maps only? He is new to shooters, after years on MMRPGs and I thought he could the ropes fighting bots with me.
  9. ROII4Me

Browser Filter Choices?

Is there some way to remove specific servers from the browser? Sort of anti-favorites, as it were. It sometimes takes a long time to get into a busy server, and despite the fact it claims to be a Realism server sometimes it has KILLCAM! There is nothing less realistic in this game than the...
  10. ROII4Me

Return of NO SERVERS IN BROWSER

I found no servers in my browser. I deleted the ClientRegistery blob, but this time it did NOT fix the problem. Background: I went away for a five day weekend. I brought the laptop that I use for ROII. I did not try to play ROII - but on the train ride there and back again I opened the game...
  11. ROII4Me

"Losing Packets 9005"? anyone else?

OK, I have been playing without issues for a few days. Today, no servers appeared in the browser. So I deleted the clicentregistryblob file, and the servers reappeared. But I cannot play more than five minutes before I am kicked by PunkBuster the message says Losing Packets 9005 never seen...
  12. ROII4Me

RS New PC - game is loaded - but no servers, no stats

I installed the game via steam on my new PC. The server browser is empty, 0 players on line. My own stats are all set to zero. What should I do about this? Thanks.
  13. ROII4Me

RS Confused about filtering servers for Realism

A couple of things. 1. What does it mean when you see "tactical realism" in a server's name? Is tactical realism just a way to imply they want to have people trying to be realistic in their game play and tactics? And is tactical realism the same thing as "realism" in terms of the bullet...
  14. ROII4Me

RS Any other SL's not able to see their artty marks?

This happened in game the other night. All of a sudden the artty marks I would make with binoculars would not appear on my map. Multiple servers. Multiple maps. The Commander said he could see them. But it was hard for me to correct my own marks. Usually I have to guesstimate my mark, check...
  15. ROII4Me

Another thread about gaming laptops and ROII/RS - impact of solid state drive?

I did not find any kind of off topic or general community forum listed, so I am posting this here. I know desktops will be better than laptops for gaming, but I have to get a 15" laptop, as I need the remote capability for work stuff (remote audio recording, music video editing.) ROII/RS is my...
  16. ROII4Me

RS OK, more little irks in this great game

Why is it I go to reload, say an M-1 or B.A.R. and I will go through the entire automated graphic of replacing the ammo in the magazine and loading the first round by pulling back the bolt, BUT if I go to move into firing position 100th of 1 second too early, when I go to fire I am not only...
  17. ROII4Me

RS Um. It's pronounced B - A - R, not "bar"

:p No one in the WWII era ever said "bar" when referring to the Browning Automatic Rifle. They always pronounced the letters, B.A.R. "Bee Ay Arr" I am surprised how many people do not seem to know that in the game.
  18. ROII4Me

RS After a few days of Rising Storm

Just my two cents. LOVING the game so far. I got it on Monday, the first two days I played until my fingers were swollen and my knees stiff from sitting in the same place. Then after a dinner break, I went back and played it some more! Big thumbs up for the SL team bonuses for spawns and...
  19. ROII4Me

RS Cannot get Bonzai Charge to work

See update farther down thread. Been playing RS since Monday. The control options suggest that the Banzai Charge for Japanese soldiers is the same key that is used for Melee combat (bayonet, clubbing with gun butt, etc.) When I engage that button while in sprint, my toon just stops running...
  20. ROII4Me

RS Did they change Barracks?

I just upgraded to Rising Storm but don't have time to play, so I went into a "Workshop" map of Barracks and was surprised to find the upstairs of the C objective blocked off with rubble. Was that just for the practice map, or have they actually made this change to the active server map?