• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Search results

1. ROII4Me

Heroes of the West (Western Front mod)

Hey yall! Is this the main community forum for HotW? I only discovered the mod two weeks ago and am having a great time. Is this the main forum for general discussion? Or is it mainly for the mod makers? Is there a Steam forum as well?
  2. ROII4Me

Invalid Packet kick and ban

As of today I cannot play RO II. I keep getting session bands for Invalid Packet. I looked it up and it said it was the firewall not working with the Punkbuster files. But I do NOT HAVE A FIRE WALL and it happens even when I am running no anti-malware. The internet connection seems normal, I...
  3. ROII4Me

[Error] Service Communication Error: PnkBstrA.exe

OK I was getting the D3D Error. I fixed that ultimately by updating my NVidia drivers. Now I get kicked from the Service Communication Error: PnkBstrA.exe I have tired several fixes relating to the Firewall. No good. I uninstalled PB and reinstalled. No good. Now my Firewall is OFF. My...
  4. ROII4Me

[Error] D3D Error Failed to create D3D device.

the D3D error was resolved
  5. ROII4Me

RS Weird Ping Issues

I am hoping someone might have some insight and suggestions. I am staying at my sister's place while she is away. They recently had an upgrade to their Time Warner internet, since I was last trying to play RO2/RS from this location. I am connecting via wireless. Internet speed tests from...
  6. ROII4Me

What? No Barrel Change on MG?

Was change barrel removed from ROII? I could have sworn I saw it in my Options lists at some point. But I never used it because I never played that class. I also am almost certain I saw someone else changing their mg barrel recently, when I as in death cam view. I recently started playing MG...
  7. ROII4Me

Where is my SVT scope?

Well, after all that, my Soviet sniper reached the level of the SVT in less than one hour of playing Firefight today. :cool:
  8. ROII4Me

Where is my SVT scope?

Ahhh finally a reason surfaces to pay the extra money for that lol. :p
  9. ROII4Me

For the love of Firefight!

Who is "We?" I would be interested in Countdown and S&D but I have rarely played either. They both are good for short attention span times, as I mentioned above, if not as much as Firefight. Firefight can still have plenty of team work and taking enemy strongholds, but in a more ad hoc...
  10. ROII4Me

For the love of Firefight!

I find it curious that Americans, by and large, do not play Firefight mode. Granted, I am an American, and I didn't play it much throughout my RO career. But after the same maps over and over, same tactics, same everything, it is nice to play some fast and loose pickup games. And when I am...
  11. ROII4Me

Where is my SVT scope?

Ah, so the answer to my query actually is, once I get my Soviet sniper up to Elite, the weapon becomes available? I don't have a problem with that, I just never found anywhere the explained that. Time to farm more bots! How about the version of the SVT that is fully automatic? How does one...
  12. ROII4Me

Where is my SVT scope?

I just leveled up the Soviet sniper rifle to L50, hoping I might end up with a semi-automatic rifle with a scope. The reason I thought that might happen is, I leveled my SVT-40 up to Level 50 oh about 100 years ago. OK maybe it is only like 2 years ago, but I have NEVER spawned with a scope...
  13. ROII4Me

RS Which version should my friend buy?

Tell me about the mutate-or? Pleeeez! I do not have time to play that much, so I drop in mutiplayer games, but also do a lot of firefight these days (why do not more Americans play firefight?) But when playing territory, I am a SL Hero mainly. What is this mutator you speak of and how does...
  14. ROII4Me

Thanks so much! I was hoping that was the case!
  15. ROII4Me

I see Rising Storm for sale as download for $20. Will that allow access to the Japanese maps only? Or Will he get the Russian German maps only? He is new to shooters, after years on MMRPGs and I thought he could the ropes fighting bots with me.
  16. ROII4Me

Browser Filter Choices?

Is there some way to remove specific servers from the browser? Sort of anti-favorites, as it were. It sometimes takes a long time to get into a busy server, and despite the fact it claims to be a Realism server sometimes it has KILLCAM! There is nothing less realistic in this game than the...
  17. ROII4Me

RO2 Empty server browser

Yea! Updates today have repaired the server browser and now I can see the servers again! Thanks!!
  18. ROII4Me

RO2 Empty server browser

I went on via the Steam servers - of which there are view. It goes through the entire game opening before telling me there was an error loading the map (one is Cold Steel the other is the Bridges of Druzhina MCP. All other servers are full. When I use the setting to automatically connect when...
  19. ROII4Me

RO2 Empty server browser

the favorites do NOT work for me. Now two full days and no servers. Any idea what can be done? This happened to me when I bought this PC a month ago or so. The answer was the delete the clientregistration blob file That has not worked this time.
  20. ROII4Me

Return of NO SERVERS IN BROWSER

No, it is the same PC. But it started immediately upon buying the PC. Someone posted about deleting the clientregblob file, which solved the issue. Then I took the computer out of town and back, during that time I ran some training missions, which may be unrelated. I came back home and now...