• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Search results

1. PsYcH0_Ch!cKeN

It takes me 10 seconds to change my role, Please help..... please

The next patch (1.09) will have some improvements for you. Now I must stress that as per my last post, there is no magic bullet and this isn't going to suddenly fix all your issues. All I can do is try to make things a little quicker. At the end of the day, your CPU is quite slow and is the...
  2. PsYcH0_Ch!cKeN

Thank you for both the answers above and the profiles you sent. It has confirmed my suspicions, so I do know what the problem is. Unfortunately though, there is no magic bullet. Your PC is struggling with the tasks that run as part of opening those particular menus (things like loading your...
  3. PsYcH0_Ch!cKeN

Thanks for your log. It helped somewhat. A few more things I need now please. 1) What is your CPU? 2) What is your Graphics Card? 3) Is the game installed on an SSD or an older HDD? If it's an HDD, do you know the speed of it? (If you don't, do you know if it's a "green" drive or not?) Do you...
  4. PsYcH0_Ch!cKeN

Problem with member renewals and editing

Just so I'm clear - when you attempt to add a duplicate, it prevents it but doesn't have any messaging to that effect, correct?
  5. PsYcH0_Ch!cKeN

Turn off the semi-transparent killog background?

I'm not aware of any changes we made there. Assuming we're talking about the same thing of course, each line of the killfeed has a faint gradient bar behind it and has done all the way back to RO2. We just made it much more transparent. Most of the time I can't even see it and really it's only...
  6. PsYcH0_Ch!cKeN

I've not heard of this before. Can you describe exactly what happens, step by step, when opening one (or both) of those menus? I can't tell from your post whether it's a freeze, a slow fade, a period of nothing happening, or anything else. Additionally, a copy of your game log after this has...
  7. PsYcH0_Ch!cKeN

DX12 startup option?

The game does not support DX12, only DX11.
  8. PsYcH0_Ch!cKeN

Advice

Just jump in and play. :) If you're worried about what others think, just stick to the basic (and infinite) Rifleman/Grunt role and no-one'll give you a second thought (unless you start team killing, in which case always remember to apologise instantly!)
  9. PsYcH0_Ch!cKeN

Ping issue on map change

That's... an unusual problem. I've not come across it before. Whatever it is, clearly it's something that was implemented originally into RO2 and has carried over into the other games by virtue of both games using the RO2 engine version as a base and then building on it from there. Is there...
  10. PsYcH0_Ch!cKeN

Level Keept Resetting

Do you know if you are playing on a particular server when this occurs? When stats fail to update like this, it is because the submission to Steam has failed for an unknown reason. It seems to occur on an individual basis, because those end of map stat updates are sent in bulk and the vast...
  11. PsYcH0_Ch!cKeN

Editing the Customization System

Hey guys. This has only just been brought to my attention. It wasn't intentional to lock this up. I actually went to the trouble of making the pawn handler a variable that modders could change at will, and then went and stuffed it by calling it via the static ROPawn class. *Facepalm* It was...
  12. PsYcH0_Ch!cKeN

[Bug] Russian localization - for Dev's

No, although that would already have become clear by now. Hopefully for 1.02 though.
  13. PsYcH0_Ch!cKeN

authentication failed 1/2

I believe that this is another new error in the EAC software. They have been notified and are providing a fix for it.
  14. PsYcH0_Ch!cKeN

Spawn selection switching back to Auto-select by itself

We'll see about fixing that one, but if there's another cause as well, please let me know.
  15. PsYcH0_Ch!cKeN

authentication failed 1/2

Sorry, looks like I misunderstood them. What they actually wanted to know was whether the OP is able to successfully download that file manually through his browser. Normally the client downloads it, but since his client is clearly struggling, they wanted to verify that he's actually able to...
  16. PsYcH0_Ch!cKeN

Game will crash after two to three games.

Are you getting the BugSplat box after the crash, or is it just throwing up a generic Windows "something died xxsqqwe728932" error? If you get the BugSplat prompt and are able to submit your crash dumps through it then we can use that to try and identify the cause of the crash. If you don't get...
  17. PsYcH0_Ch!cKeN

claymores for pointmen?

We kept the claymores deliberately as remote detonation only as a major point of distinction between the teams - the Viets have a bunch of set-and-forget traps, while the US get remote explosives. We didn't want to simply "cookie cutter" both sides. As far as the Pointman and claymores, it's...
  18. PsYcH0_Ch!cKeN

Webadmin bugs/weirdness compilation

Ok, we'll investigate.
  19. PsYcH0_Ch!cKeN

Can't role kick my own squad leader

If you are currently the SL, you can open the role select menu and if you expand your own squad in the Squad section on the right, you'll see little chevron indicators next to the names of the players in your squad. Clicking that will promote that player to the SL position and you will become...
  20. PsYcH0_Ch!cKeN

Spawn selection switching back to Auto-select by itself

If you guys can provide me with specific details about what actually causes it to happen (be it a misclick, the spawn timer hitting zero, etc), we can fix it.