• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Search results

1. K

Punkbuster for RO2 updated?

I have heard that a certain member of the community helped TWI identify and ban some hacks using Punkbuster, very recently. If this is true, it's very good news, but can someone confirm that this happened? No need for any other info, what kind of hacks, where from, just a simple yes/no for the...
  2. K

Question about new EULA

I noticed there was an announcement about changes to the EULA in April, and I started wondering about it. I have to state before I say anything else, I am not interested challenging the EULA to create any trouble, or arguing about it so others can cause trouble, I am genuinely interested in the...
  3. K

Spot Enemy Arty

We can spot an enemy soldier or tank by pressing a button, so I thought it might be useful to also be able to spot arty in the same way - you point the middle of the screen where it is falling, and press that button, to place an arty marker on the map, to warm your teammates. Yeah, you can call...
  4. K

Whitelisting - does it do more harm than good?

I think this may deserve its own post. I am not a modder or map maker, so I have been trying to find information about whitelisting to help me understand what it's all about. The only information I found is a post by Yoshiro, in which he states: "Whitelisting of code serves 2 functions. The...
  5. K

RO2 Campaign Mode - too unbalanced?

I don't play RS at all any more, so this is about the HoS Campaign mode. I have been playing it a lot, and it seems to me it usually is rather unbalanced. I am not going to say which side usually gets the wins, but as far as I can see, the Campaign matches usually end up with one side...
  6. K

RS Has the RS craze died down already?

I have been looking for an RS server to play, preferably a Campaign mode one, and the fullest server I could find was 14 players. The rest in the list were empty, or had fewer than 5 players, most only having one player. Looking at the HoS servers, at least 3 were 64 player full and a 3 were...
  7. K

Filtered servers?

I was trying to find some RS servers to play on, when I noticed this inconsistency. All my server filters are either set to 'All' or unchecked, and yet, in the Ranked Server list, out of 213 servers it says are online, 28 are filtered. Surely no servers should be filtered?
  8. K

Campaign sucks because...

You can be doing alright, winning some territories from the enemy, then suddenly an inexperienced fart-bag jumps into TL position, and you end up being pushed back and sometimes even losing. I wish that somehow TL Honor level could be limited just for Campaign mode, because it really sucks! It...
  9. K

RO2 PPHS replaced by AT Rifle!

This is a weird one! I was on a popular 64 player server, on the official Bridges map, and I saw a guy shooting an AT rifle standing up, and no support like a wall nearby. I stopped to look, and the sound it made was of a PPHs, and then he got shot and he dropped a PPHs! I saw it a couple more...
  10. K

A New Twist to Forced Respawn

I had this idea, but I am not saying it should be added to the game as it looks now. It's an idea for a future version, but I am just putting it out there in case anybody feels it's worth using. The way Forced Respawn works now is, you got a timer and when it's at zero, TL can respawn a bunch...
  11. K

All zeros in role selection screen

I think this only happens in Campaign mode, but it's happened a couple of times now, even though I am not quite sure what conditions it's happening under. When I join a server and go to role selection screen, all roles are at 0/whatever, even though they could be full, clicking to choose them...
  12. K

Don't choose the easy team

You know who you are, just don't do it, it doesn't make you a bigger man, it makes you a coward. Thank you.
  13. K

RS Invisible wall

On Guadalcanal, the wall make of logs invisibly extends about another meter from where it ends. Screenshot to show the location: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197988151832/screenshot/615030324516442946
  14. K

RS Fix grenade-to-hand coordination on Japanese avatar

On HoS, as Allies and Axis, I know very precisely where my grenade is going to go, based on where my hand is pointing when I am holding one. On RS, as Allies, I also know. For some reason, as Axis, the hand position has been shifted more left, so the alignment of the fingers for aiming is not...
  15. K

Fix uneven distribution of squad members

I wonder sometimes how this can happen, but the last couple of days, on a full 64 player server, I happened to be SL2, and have less than a handful of squad members. One time, I only had 1 squad mate, the other time, 3. When I look at the squad list, I see SL1 is totally full, and the other...
  16. K

RO Haiku thread!

Inspired by a post by Cwivey, please post your gems of war poetry here! And I will add a quick one myself: He saw me, aimed and missed I saw him, aimed and Got teamkilled.
  17. K

Spawn on SL

SLs can now spawn teammates in direct line of sight of enemy players. I think this line check must be failing, because in the last couple of days I have seen enemy players spawn in front of me, obviously spawning on their SL (because they were far away from the usual spawn points).
  18. K

Separate mouse sensitivity

Just a quick suggestion! Because I like my mouse sensitivity for my infantry weaponrather low, I would like to suggest a separate slider for tank turret movement, because it kind of sucks to use a tank with a low setting. Thanks!
  19. K

I see flowers!

Just a fun post to lighten the gloom about the team stacking, spawn on SL, bugs and etc etc. I have been playing a hell of a lot of Skyrim recently (you have to, really, don't you?), kind of bored with RO2 but still playing a match or two here and there, mostly trying to play the 'new' released...
  20. K

Tactics Width of one grid square on RS Maps

I have heard this asked a few times on the forum, so I was bored and took a look. Might be useful for mortar users, or might not be useful at all! How I measured: I took a marker such as an ammo resupply point or radio as a reference, and positioned myself relative to one grid square away from...