• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Search results

1. W

RS 2.5x scope on Japanese LMG does not disappoint

I just spent the entire day playing with it after leveling up my type 96 to lvl 50, and boy does it rock. First off, it is sweet you have the option to switch between the scope and iron sights, makes the gun good in most situations though the scope blocks the entire view to the right of the...
  2. W

RS Server Info box needs to display if death cam is on

Currently (as far as I know) there is no way to tell if a server has death cam on. Even "realism" servers can have death cam on which is ludicrous IMO. I absolutely loath the death cam since it shows where you are shooting from, but whatever others can enjoy it. But as I said already, there is...
  3. W

Noticing a few DP bugs

Only started playing again recently, mainly on 2 FJ server. I use the DP a lot, but I have noticed a number of errors the last two days. First off the finger pull on the top of the magazine is not working all the time anymore. Previously you could look at it to figure out how much ammo was left...
  4. W

Why do beta users have to redownload the game?

just delete or lock, not much tripwire can do about it so just delete the thread mods.
  5. W

British Armor in the Normandy Campaign 1944

Just finished reading it, very good book, challenges many of the more negative views of the performance of British Armor in Normandy and does a good job of discrediting them. Written by John Buckley. Its very well written, well researhed and unbias. He does not attempt to excuse for the actual...
  6. W

German KIA in Normandy

I know there are lots of figures out there but I figure a look at the cemeteries gives an idea of how many Germans were at least killed in the campaign. 1)Huisnes-sur-Mer, near Pontorson, 11 956 burials 2)La Cambe, between Bayeux and lsigny, 21 160 burials 3)Saint-Desir-de-Lisieux, near...
  7. W

Why so many more automatics in game?

I mean maps now have 38% more players, but the number of semi's and MGs and SMGs have doubled. I mean Stalingrad Kessel and the russians have 8 freaking SMGs, and 2 MGs, 4 semi's and 2 combat engineers armed with smgs and a squad leader with a smg. For a total of 11 Smgs, 2 LMGs, and 4 Semis...
  8. W

Holy sh*t! Must see clip from Peter Jackson's Short movie

From a short movie by Peter Jackson called Crossing The Line. The 35 second clip is Commonwealth soldiers about to go over the top in WWI. Its using a new filming technology that is superior to anything out there. Download and droll over the high quality. The first two links may not work, right...
  9. W

Flawed Panther Armor

Before you begin reading I would like to state this is not my work. It is in fact a WWIIOL player “Scotsman” Derek, a very knowledgeable player and Forumie on the WWIIOL forums. His original article was a little rough, for example he had used short forms for a lot of the different types of...
  10. W

Will we ever see 60 player servers?

Personally I love large servers. Right now with the numbers, you are looking at about half a platoon of troops each side. It would be neat if there were 60 players because it would be more like a platoon of axis troops against a platoon of allied troops, and 60 players on some of those maps...
  11. W

Is this it in terms of disememberment?

Can it get any more gory besides being hit with an HE shell dead on?
  12. W

New WWIIOL inf team pics

Here is some new stuff from the inf strike force: http://gophur.playnet.com/gallery/screenshots?page=1 The farther on you go, the older the stuff gets.
  13. W

Western allies vs Russia

I always hear about how many Germans the Russians killed compared to the Western Allies, but I am never able to find how many troops each side captured. Basically a captured soldier might as well be dead to his side, because he is gone. I know the Western allies netted probibly the biggest...
  14. W

Thank God for no Kill/Death counter

Best idea ever to take it away and impliment a points system. Some maps (especially the one with charging up all those hills to the monistary) requires players to die alot to take the objectives, and especially on those maps, its essential that players rush the objectives instead of padding...
  15. W

spawn in with bayonets fixed

Just more of a lazyness issue, but I always attach my bayonet when I spawn, and really, it would be nice if I could just have the option of spawning in with it attached.
  16. W

Faust aiming

How exactly do you change the sites on the faust to aim at say 60m? Manual says to use the alt fire button, but that only causes the avitar to swing the faust to hit an enemy.