• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Search results

1. Sgt.NightFire

VNSU-Ia Drang Valley - WIP/Feedback

I had found someone that could finish the map for me, Tyler was more than happy to further work on the map! (If you don't know him, he took 1st place in Tripwire's mapping contest for RS2 with Jungle Raid! (https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1148354811) First alpha is online...
  2. Sgt.NightFire

As I'm tending to my health, i can no longer be able to work on the map, so i am looking for someone who is willing to finish the map a.k.a take it over, as it would be a waste to let it not go public. Please send me a PM if you are interested.
  3. Sgt.NightFire

VNTE - Don Signh (Donner)

New version online: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1314771293
  4. Sgt.NightFire

VNTE - Don Signh (Donner)

Donner is a old Day Of Defeat classic, as my unit used this map before drills in the old days to warm up, it became like our map to official warm and eventually was recreated by us when we transferred over to Darkest Hour: Europe '44-'45. I eventually recreated the map in RO2 and now it's back...
  5. Sgt.NightFire

Just wanna report the map is still being worked on, also had to do some work for my unit (will post about it here) and i am dealing with health issues as well.
  6. Sgt.NightFire

Invisible objects (cars, furniture etc.) at long range (~100m)

This is done by whoever made the map, you can set in the object's options, how far it will be seen, you can set it to go "invisible" at 100 meters (if its like a chair you no longer see inside a building up to 10000 meters. It's for performance, but when i make a map, i make sure that on long...
  7. Sgt.NightFire

Squad 29th Infantry Division

Some footage from our drills:
  8. Sgt.NightFire

How to get VNSP-ShootingRange.roe into a multiplayer server?

Well, if you would have looked at his name, he is part of a regiment, so he clearly wants to use the helicopter practice map to be used in game so his unit can practice on it. I actually already made this map into a MP version for my unit and it's pretty easy. All you gotta do is go to World...
  9. Sgt.NightFire

It's called having a personal life and im building probably the biggest map that has been announced so far.
  10. Sgt.NightFire

HELP - Heightmap and Layers Missing from TerrainEdit

You attached file is just a tiny thumbnail, don't really know what is causing your problem but try this. Open the Terrain Editor, and click on the Recache Terrain Material button, its the RM button on the bottom of the View Settings section far right.
  11. Sgt.NightFire

RS Vietnam Walkabout 2017 (I Corps)

Awesome read and photo's! The only thing i ever came close to Vietnam is my Vietnamese neighbors, the husband has experienced the war as a young kid, he is traumatized by it and still does not want to talk about it. They fled Vietnam 15 years ago because communism was becoming more and more...
  12. Sgt.NightFire

Dude, do you know how long they took to make the maps in the game? A year! And Ia Drang will be bigger! I am not rushing out anything half done so people get a bad first impression from it. But i made some screenshots to show some progress: A new landing zone next to the small one i showed...
  13. Sgt.NightFire

VNTE-FistAlpha

Thats look really good! Hope to see it on the servers real soon! Try and get it on the Bloodbath server as that one has custom maps.
  14. Sgt.NightFire

Weather and skyboxes

Sky textures can be found in the package called M_VN_SKY. And there is a possibility to add rain, i think or Nymets or North_Dumpling found a way last week.
  15. Sgt.NightFire

When i think its done cooking!
  16. Sgt.NightFire

VNTE-SuongMu | Feedback and Suggestions

Yeah, even i have 16 gig and building that light take about 13 gig in total!
  17. Sgt.NightFire

VNTE-Nui Ba Den

Have played it two times and its, different. :P What the most people complained about and it happened to me as well many times is that people get stuck between the rocks allot but you are already working on that. Can't wait to see how this map looks when the lighting gets fixed! And ask Nymets...
  18. Sgt.NightFire

Made a quick sneak peek video to show some progress: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RIsqkHhlmOI
  19. Sgt.NightFire

Added a new small opening behind LZ X-Ray that only can be accessed if you are a pro pilot! This shot was taken without new lighting build so it looks really off. (See black rock in the back)
  20. Sgt.NightFire

How to get VNSP-ShootingRange.roe into a multiplayer server?

You gotta turn it into a Territory map as right now its a singleplayer map. Anyone with some mapping experience can easily do it. (But than again, something that looks easy might be difficult.) And the ART version is just where most of the assets are located, aka the static meshes like bunker...