• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Search results

1. B

Quick question on identifying friendlies

I like to steal enemy weapons, especially MP40/1, to help lure enemy to the aid of the person firing the MP40 (i.e. me) But it does attract a moderately high TK rate from jumpy wingmen, so sometimes I don't bother.
  2. B

Two Primaries

Let's face it, who doesn't want to be as cool as Clint Eastwood in Where Eagles Dare where he has an MP40 in each hand and is hosing the Nazis. But not in Red Orchestra. The current weapon system is a good enough compromise between flexibility and ease of use in switching weapons.
  3. B

System keeps locking up

It could be a problem with your power supply. I had to bin a Tagan 480 because its rails were frankly useless when gaming.
  4. B

Tactics Poll: Suicidal Satchel Assault - Yes or No

If your tank is wrecked making you bail with a full-crewed Tiger bearing down on you, I think it is perfectly justified to try to satchel it, because the Tiger MG ain't gonna give you a break whether you have a satchel pulled or not. The way I see it, it's me vs the MG and I'd rather take him...
  5. B

Good Servers?

Core, C3ll, Splat, DBDUK are ones that I would recommend.
  6. B

the nice little details we often dont notice

You're a god, Sanzliot The corncobs are totally gross :) :) :)
  7. B

New guns on maps?

slight aside, Axis on Arad have riflemen (& fausts) but Allies don't have any riflemen at all which is a shame IMHO I would very much like to use M44 on Arad (maybe as sapper)
  8. B

Brown Bags on the ground

Funniest I've seen is my mate typing... "Don't go in the right entrance - there's a satchel and its gonna fugging go off!!" Needless to say he got 2 teamkills, because yes, people will still come to have a little peek and a poke
  9. B

PTRD finally useful

I nailed a Dev's panther with 2 shots almost point blank into his side last night :)
  10. B

Solution to TEAM STACKING

On maps where Axis is attacking, typically the teams are approximately even but only 3 or so Allies will have chosen their class by the time first objective falls to the Axis.
  11. B

Bayonet hit timing needs to be fixed

I've noticed that square-in-the-back is quite often non-fatal too. Annoying when you're surprising an automatic wielder.
  12. B

The Code of Manly Conduct: How Manly Men Play Red Orchestra

I was playing on the CiA server today (great server btw) with some others who also were following these manly tips, but it was rather ruined by others shooting us during our meleeing. They didn't appreciate that you have to stand back and watch a melee duel, and respect the manly victor.
  13. B

My compliments for Basovka

Yes it's a terrific map for both sides, but allied cmdr slot is (almost) always taken by someone who needs to be told how to call arty strikes :(
  14. B

The Code of Manly Conduct: How Manly Men Play Red Orchestra

I feel ashamed for donning my bayonets now.
  15. B

Why do YOU play RO?

I like to crush my enemies and see them driven before me :) For me the close-up killing is best.
  16. B

Little Kids and Their Voices

I would propose that we should use a VOIP codec that cuts off the high frequencies and thus makes us unable to hear kids until they've grown a pair.
  17. B

People aren't aggressive enough

There are lots of aggressive players out there and I enjoy fighting with/along side them. But also lots who are still learning to be aggressive. Yes it is tough not to get killed quickly if you are leading a charge but someone has to. My single tip for those people: Get right on top of any...
  18. B

Level Design What MOD maps Would you like to see in OST?

I would love to see Jucha re-made because it was awesome fighting in an idyllic village setting. It was great setting up LMGs in windows and fighting in the churchyard. Was like The Eagle Has Landed (film&book). Also I very much enjoyed Rostov, Berlin and Donets. They were all good even though...
  19. B

The melee system could use some polishing...

Blur is an excellent idea, I think the bayonets work great as they are. There is something great about rushing an enemy soldier who is crouching with ironsights looking the wrong way and sticking the bayonet right in his head and watching it go splat and his helmet falling off :)