• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Search results

1. Kipper

How/What do you feel about TWI and RO2

I haven't played since November. I probably won't play again. Maybe when a mod comes out. The game is schizophrenic in its design choices and it just ended up being dull so I ended up getting my shooter fix from Battlefield 3 (which, sadly, does suppression a hell of a lot better than RO2).
  2. Kipper

[Series] The Walking Dead

I was talking about in terms of the survivors and how they're upset Rick never told them. There's no practical reason why it matters.
  3. Kipper

[Series] The Walking Dead

I don't get why the **** it matters that everyone is infected.
  4. Kipper

Wargame: European Escalation

Excepting that you can't order soldiers around individually, this game surpasses Men of War just because of the engagement ranges.
  5. Kipper

US vs Iran

It could be worse actually. Let's say Iran builds a bomb. If they hand off the bomb, people can trace it back to Iran and then they're screwed. But let's say, instead they pass it off to an organization but claim it's been "stolen" while it was in transit somewhere in Iran. Iran makes a press...
  6. Kipper

[Game] Your TOP10 Best Games Ever

You make fine points but we'll just have to agree to disagree. I know I'm in the minority when it comes to disliking Half-Life 2.
  7. Kipper

US vs Iran

If Iran produces a nuclear weapon, they're probably going to hand it off to some organization that has the intention of setting it off in a truck in Israel. That's why the US government is worried. No one has any delusions about the nuke going off on US soil. If they do, they're not worth...
  8. Kipper

It's not a matter of a story being spoonfed to you. Storytelling is just that: telling a story. The first Half-Life did what you said well; other games do it as well: Metro 2033 is a good example. Half-Life 2 got hung up on itself and its own pretension. But perhaps I was not getting it spoonfed...
  9. Kipper

Gaming mice

Do you guys use gaming mouse pads with your gaming mice?
  10. Kipper

Yeah, Half-Life 2 was great. I mean, there's nothing like a story that assumes you know what the story already is and has characters around you refer to past events like they're an inside joke you're not a part of.
  11. Kipper

My issues with Red Orchestra 2 and how easily they can be improved on by Tripwire.

"Ro-Classic" mode is a band-aid for a wound; not a cure for the infection. As we've all noted, RO2 takes various elements from other successful games (as any game should) and incorporates them into its core. However, given the RO series' core, those other elements, such as the leveling system...
  12. Kipper

1. Rise of Nations 2. Age of Empires II 3. Wolfenstein series (From 3D to ET) 4. Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri 5. World in Conflict 6. Bioshock 7. Red Orchestra 8. Medieval 2: Total War 9. Close Combat 3 10. Serious Sam Victoria gets an honorary mention. I suppose my votes here are a good example...
  13. Kipper

I don't think there are any superweapons. The way this game plays out, it seems like it's more a 3D, simplified Close Combat rather than a typical RTS. It's looking like World in Conflict blended with Close Combat. Based on what the beta testers are saying, the maps are several hundred square...
  14. Kipper

Ro:hos

We can only hope there will be no Darkest Hour 2.
  15. Kipper

I'm surprised no one here has mentioned this game yet. It's by the guys responsible for RUSE. The game is set in the 1970s-1980s in Europe. The Cold War has gone hot. It's a wargame that models ammunition, fuel, and modular damage of vehicles. It includes hardware from France, West and East...
  16. Kipper

[Game] Crusader Kings 2

It looks excellent. I'm picking this, A House Divided (the Vicky 2 expansion) and Wargame: European Escalation up.
  17. Kipper

"What we are up to" - Feb 3rd edition

There's a difference between realism and punishing players for playing the game. You should not remove things from the HUD and UI that tell the player what is happening in their game. Please remember that this is still a game and as such aids need to be implemented in the game to make up for the...
  18. Kipper

Hey all

Are you suggesting that people, who enjoy the game, read the forums and then stop playing because of what they read?
  19. Kipper

Hey all

I know, right? If you have Firefox or Chrome, you can use adblock to block the damn image. That's what I did. I'm tempted to block his terribly fuzzy federal German flag avatar too. I don't think the game sold a million copies. The peak amount of players online was about approximately 8...
  20. Kipper

The Elder Scrolls V

This game in general is pretty though. It's a shame the interface is meh. It's not hard to navigate, but I feel like it's just disorganized and could use an intuitive layout.