• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Search results

1. A

Rare video of Polikarpov fighters

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lWE4i5Jr-nY Enjoy... Too bad I don't understand Russian.
  2. A

An odd beast

I've seen Steyr M1895 rifles for sale several places, and they're CHEAP... I like old guns, but the trouble is that I want to actually shoot them, not just hang them on my wall. So my question is this: Where on God's green Earth do you get 8x56R ammunition?
  3. A

More Mosin Nagant questions

On Christmas day I took my Mosin out to the desert and fired it for the first time. WHAT A BEAST! :D I didn't want to mail-order ammo because I was in a hurry to go shoot, and the cheapest I could find locally was Brown Bear. It was $8.95 a box, so I just bought three boxes and then me and my...
  4. A

Best 7.62x54R

Given that I'm going to be getting my Mosin next week, I was wondering who's ammo you like to use. I went looking at a couple of gun shops today, and the prices at the local shops are way higher than the prices on the internet. I've looked at several online stores but the problem is that I don't...
  5. A

Yugo Mauser

The local Big 5 store is advertising Yugoslavian M24/47 Mausers for 99 bucks. I've never owned a gun before, so what do I need to look for when I go look at this one? Is this a good price? What do I need to know about ammo for target shooting? Thanks in advance to all the gun nuts.:D
  6. A

Melee additions

I know there have been some things posted before concerning the flawed melee system. In the past I saw a lot of discussion of this subject, but it seems to have almost been forgotten about. Here's some wild ideas: 1. Fists. Pretty self-explanatory. Fists should be a rapid, low-damage attack...
  7. A

Weapons that can't be slung

Many WWII weapons didn't have carrying slings, so you had to carry them in your hands and drop them if you needed your hands for something else. I think this would be a cool thing to add because it would fix some of the loadout imbalances seen right now. Some weapons I know that didn't come...
  8. A

Another client-side option

I always seem to get in these arguments over whether the death messages or scoreboard is a good idea. I like them, while it seems the majority of players think that somehow taking them away heightens realism (while of course being oblivious to more important things that create a realistic...
  9. A

Sprinting while crouched or prone

I think it would be cool to be able to use the sprint key while crouched or prone. Before you all flame me, rest assured that it is possible to run while crouched, though it is relatively slow and extremely tiring. Running while prone would not be running so much as your character goes from a...
  10. A

Booster pack changes

Thank god!:D
  11. A

Gunner's assistant class

I know this has been suggested before, but is there any chance we'll see a German machinegunner's assistant class in the game? Real German machinegun crews consisted of three men, but in the game, the assistant gunner would probably take the place of both the spotter and loader. Such a soldier...
  12. A

Classes need rebalancing

I know this has been complained about before, and I know it's mostly a map design consideration. I'm tired of getting mowed down by submachineguns, sniped by scoped rifles, and hit from every angle by that stupid Sturmgewehr. Sometimes, you look at the scoreboard, and there is not a single...
  13. A

Persistent player ratings: Possible with Steam?

Before the retail version came out, it had been suggested several times on the RO mod forums that the game have a persistent scoring system that keeps track of your achievements in RO and mathematically comes up with some kind of rating that follows you from server to server. This wasn't...
  14. A

Rant and suggestions: Stuff that ruins RO

The RO:Ostfront community stinks! The retail release of RO brought in many new players and brought back old ones as we had all hoped and expected. Unfortunately, many of them seem to be among the stupidest, rudest tripe the internet has to offer. Problem: Teamkilling is up again, and now no...