• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Search results

1. A

Blood

There ALREADY IS blood mist that sprays out when you shoot someone. There ALREADY IS blood dripping from wounds. There ALREADY IS blood on walls. There ALREADY IS dismemberment. What the frack are you kids smoking? RO's gore level is just fine. It's probably the one thing that I don't think...
  2. A

Widescreen love...

You can change the FOV to whatever you want in the INI file. If you want a wider FOV for your widescreen, just change it. Again, I fail to see the problem. :confused:
  3. A

Widescreen love...

I'm not really clear on what the problem is here. When I bought my laptop, I simply picked the screen resolution from the menu just like I normally would, and it had the 1920x1200 option. It fills the whole screen.:confused:
  4. A

A few minor things...

Sorry, but I don't feed the trolls.
  5. A

A few minor things...

The problem with the jump-grenades is that in real life, you would get no advantage from throwing something while jumping. The inertia you'd impart to the grenade would actually be less than when you're standing still because; as per Newton's third law; throwing the grenade would throw your body...
  6. A

Rare video of Polikarpov fighters

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lWE4i5Jr-nY Enjoy... Too bad I don't understand Russian.
  7. A

Dead nade & tks

I understand. However, there is a time to throw grenades and a time not to throw grenades. Whipping out a grenade when you're already under fire is not a good time, especially when you have other teammates around because you know what the consequences will be. I guess it's possible to get...
  8. A

Dead nade & tks

It's certainly not impossible. It's just never been done because it's a dumb idea. Players should use their grenades wisely and not just be hucking them willy-nilly all over the place. If you use them right, you rarely will pick up teamkills from grenades.
  9. A

Bring back screams

I really think the next version of RO could benefit from a new sound system, including new death screams and new voice messages. In particular, I'd like to hear more interaction between soldiers on the same side, like the ability to look at an enemy and notify friendly soldiers of his location...
  10. A

Bring back screams

No, but it won't make you in to Howard Dean, either.:D
  11. A

landmines

The problem with the minefield as spawn protection is that if you miss that little notice that pops up on the top left of your screen, you're dead. The concept also makes no logical sense. Players on the other team can walk through it no problem. I think they should change it from a minefield...
  12. A

landmines

How about we get rid of the stupid minefields and place fences or walls or steep hills on the edges of the maps? You know, there's nothing wrong with giving the players half a clue where the legal playing areas are. As for the responses of "if you're entering the minefields you're not going...
  13. A

Squad Leader TK's with Artillery and Banning

This is what I've been saying since day one. Kicking and banning should be decided on merits. The very purpose of a points system is to track the relative contributions of individual players. Therefore, it seems logical to kick on negative score. Unfortunately, much of the community seems to...
  14. A

Depends on what kind of players the team is made up of. In any case, it's irrelevant. I don't care what the team hates. I'm competitive and I'm there to win. I'll ask the commander to move the arty for the next barrage, and I will wait for until the end of the barrage for him to move it. But...
  15. A

Doomed, it's not my fault that you don't understand what I wrote, and its also not my fault that you want to argue like a 13-year-old. Crap commanders deserve to get kicked. There's nothing more to say about the subject.
  16. A

Why must people always take what I say completely the wrong way?... I don't go out of my way to run in to friendly arty, you arrogant twat. But if a commander artys our capture point, I'll go there and try to capture anyway. What else should I do? Sit around and practice my Panzerfaust jumping...
  17. A

Is that not what I just said? When a squad leader drops mortars on his own squad, I want him kicked. Wouldn't you?
  18. A

Your tone is insulting and your argument makes no sense. Goodbye.
  19. A

Not true. You're assuming that my teammates are where they should be, which is not always the case. Take playing the Allied side on Kaukasus for example. As soon as the match starts, I run to the mortars to defend, while the majority of my teammates perch out on the top of the courtyard or the...
  20. A

I think the problem here is that some commanders either have no idea where to put the arty, or have no idea where their team is when they place it. Most of the best players are super-aggressive, and like to play right up in the enemy's face. Because they're so far forward, it's those players...