• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Search results

1. Jono

[Question] Anyone know of a good 700W PSU?

(Wasn't sure where to put this thread) I'm looking for a 700W PSU for around 70-80 pounds. Would anybody have a suggestion? [I][SIZE="3"][SIZE="1"]CPU: Intel
  2. Jono

[Image] The "Fuuuuuu" Day Thread (Crappy Day Thread)

Yeah, I'm on a course of antibiotics until sunday.
  3. Jono

Got tonsilitis :(
  4. Jono

Can anyone find the source of this quote?

I think you're right. Now I need to find a copy of the book, does anyone here have it? I'd just need the page number
  5. Jono

Can anyone find the source of this quote?

I was reading a book titled Operation Barbarossa a few years ago (I glanced through amazon and I can't for the life of me remember which one it was). Anyway I remember reading a quote from a German general reporting back to Hitler that "The Russian defences shattered like a row of glass houses"...
  6. Jono

The Problem With German Strategy (Essay Advice)

For the sake of being controversial: Isn't it just mere economic determinism to say that 1941 was the turning point? In hindsight, we may recognise that the full mobilisation of the United States was the single most important event in the war. But by no means did it guarantee certain success...
  7. Jono

Cheers Nestor :D So would you accept the view that 1942 was the turning point in the war? That, essentially, everything was to play for until then?
  8. Jono

Ah Midway of course, knew I had missed something. The question is critically examine whether or not 1942 was the turning point of the war, I wrote the wrong name for the thread because that was a different question I was going to do. Normally uni essays have more controversy and are based...
  9. Jono

Okay so I'm in my second year at university studying History. The reason I decided on History has its roots in playing RO when I was a kid, so where better to come for advice on the WWII for an essay? The essay asks to what extent was 1942 the turning point in the war. I've had a think about it...
  10. Jono

The "anything" thread

And then we will be able to have GLORIOUS international communism. :IS2:
  11. Jono

Thread no. 5001

Lads get the hot pokers, the headless chickens, the ketchup and a drop of a dictators blood. It's time for the podium initiation trials. :IS2:
  12. Jono

Of course, countless really. Not sure if it makes it better or worse though. We spoke again today and talked about whether we actually wanted this and now we've downgraded to a simple break instead of an actual split. Probably just hiding from the truth, but the idea of having the option of...
  13. Jono

Broke up with my girlfriend, typical story of two people ending up further and further apart. Even if you know its going to happen, it's still difficult. :(
  14. Jono

A Break from the Forums for Me / Theory on Hit Detection Problem:

I solve the above problems by staying in the off-topic section of these forums. Plenty of even-minded vets hang around here. Podium- Witty and careless banter Gaming- Keep yourself updated by vets who share our tastes in games. History- Interesting stuff. Perhaps the biggest factor in my choice...
  15. Jono

[Game] Afterfall Insanity for $1

Friend linked me to this: Afterfall InSanity PRE-ORDER - Why One Dollar? - YouTube What do we think? Never heard of the game before but a look at the gameplay videos and it's not too bad.. Well, not for a dollar anyway.
  16. Jono

broken computer, power supply?

Well just to follow this up, I bought the above mobo and now its fine. Looks like the PSU went and took the mobo with it. All is well now. :)
  17. Jono

Is this mobo any good? http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=MB-389-AS&groupid=701&catid=5&subcat=1495 It's the only 1156 on OcUK..
  18. Jono

bumpybump Please, any recommendations for mobos? It's the one area of PCs that I really have no idea about.
  19. Jono

Actually now you say it. There was a burning smell and I tried to find it (by awkwardly sniffing around the inside the computer) but it wasn't the PSU. I guess it was the mobo but at the time the smell was so brief that I gave it little importance. Considering my specs, what mobo do you...
  20. Jono

[Game] Diablo III's DRM "solution" is beyond comprehension

Let's take bets on how fast a torrent, DRM-free, version of Diablo III is released. I'm going to say under 6 hours after official release. Not that it's relevant really, although I suppose it makes the torrent version more preferable than the legit version and therefore encouraging the very...