• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Search results

1. H

Off to the Army!

40 years old and reporting for Basic Combat Training tomorrow Sept. 12th! See you all in six months or so, it will be interesting to see where ROOST is when I get back. Take care everyone!
  2. H

Why can I see farther from the drivers position than any other?

When I'm in a tank, on a map with a fog range set, I can see farther in the fog from the drivers seat than I can from the gun sight or the commanders binoculars. What gives?
  3. H

So why are high explosive satchel charges destroying tanks?

I could see if it was planted on the tank but these things are being tossed METERS away and destroying even the most heavily armored tanks. This is rediculous. Explosive power means nothing to a tank unless it's directed ON the target. I know this has been brought up before, but I don't want...
  4. H

Tactics The Machine Gunner's Guide

The Machine Guns in RO:OST are probably one of the most difficult weapons in the game to use properly and effectively. Because of their limited numbers, it is difficult to get any real play time with the weapon. As a result, machine gunners in RO are often inexperienced and lack a good...
  5. H

Fix the doors.

Hit Z and the door opens. If someone is standing on the otherside of the door and hits Z when they hear the little "door squeek" it closes immediately. This has become a new tactic on many maps. It's impossible to open the door or toss a grenade in. It's really cheap. I wouldn't mind...
  6. H

Level Design Attack - Defend maps...a constant problem.

I see a problem with many attack/defend defend maps. The mappers always seem to place the spawn point far behind the objective you are supposed to defend. In reality, should the defenders START at the defend point and THEN have to move up to it to reinforce it? Can you not make the initial...
  7. H

Level Design Can mappers please define the map boundries?

I get tired of playing maps, especially the HUGE ones, where you go to walk/drive around the backside of a building and you get the dreaded "you have entered a minefield!!!" message! :mad: Isn't there someway you can define the boundries of a map rather than killing off players for stumbling...
  8. H

Hey Man! Let me command!

I was playing the commander today and realized looking through my binocs I couldn't tell who people were. Wouldn't it be nice if the commander could see friendly name tags through his binocs? You wouldn't have you tell..."Hey Panzer IV left of the chruch going up hill, there's a guy behind...
  9. H

Grenades don't destroy tanks eh???

Simple test... Start a practice game, map Bandarevo. Choose German Commaner. Type "God" and "allammo" in the console. This makes you invulneralbe and gives you 999 grenades. Run/walk up to a Russian T34 and toss 11 grenades underneath the front of the tanke. KABOOM!!! Which proves...
  10. H

Stop the Eliteism!

Ok, I'm only bitchin because I can never seem to load fast enough to play the Machine Gunner. I say it's pure and simple eliteism! Faster computer, faster internet gets the first pick of classes!! As bad as most people are with the machine guns, and let me tell you most of them are...
  11. H

Bailing Tankers.....

Playing a round of Konigplatz earlier tonight I realized something has been bothering me. The whole problem of tankers bailing and becoming infantrymen. Now we all know this is a ludicrous idea. If you have the protection of a tank, no tanker in his right mind would bail out into a hail of...
  12. H

What the hell is this?

I've been playing RO since release with no issues....all of a sudden today I keep getting the following error message. The ONLY thing I've changed lately is downloading the SDK.
  13. H

I've been playing the MG a lot lately....

and I've gotten pretty good with them BUT, the more I play them, the worse they seem. I was continually "owned" by players on Odessa last night not ONLY with rifles, but with the Russian SMG as well!! At least THREE times, across the entire length of a street, a Russian SMG killed me while I...
  14. H

Slow frame rates? Have you checked your AGP drivers?

Due to a recent virus crash, as a result of my son downloading a Diablo II trainer on MY computer (Why? Because he crashed HIS computer!), I had to format and reinstall my OS. I run Windows 2000. This was about a month ago. When I started playing RO:OST I noticed I was having frame rate...
  15. H

I'm having a great time but...

I've played many FPS WWII games, DoD, WWIIOL, MoH, CoD, BiA and others and so far the infantry aspect of RO:OST is one of the the better I've seen, the armor needs some work. I have seen some issues I feel need addressed... 1. Grenade fuse length is too short. No sane army in the world would...