• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Search results

1. H

Beta Map RO-Kriegstadt Beta 2

Hey Hobo, great map. Hey Hobo, great map. I was very pleasantly surprised by this map the other day. I've actually found some time out of the Army to give it some play! It's really good and a lot of fun. I too have trouble telling who is who, but it gets better with play. Here's my...
  2. H

Artilery vs Tanks: A good balance?

Uh... This is what artillery is supposed to do. Either way, sitting in a barrage is suicidal, but I do agree with others, if you are on the move your chances of survival go up dramatically. What it really boils down to is this. I rarely get killed by Artillery in a tank. If I do, it's...
  3. H

Accurate early war armor

On June 23rd 1941, the German 6th Panzer Division established two bridgeheads over the Dubissa river, seizing the town of Rasyenya. The counterattack, by Soviet forces, on these bridgeheads (which were formed by Pz 35(t), infantry, artillery and AT guns) began the same day by units of the 12th...
  4. H

More time between calling for arty and impact

Ah, but it very much depends on the level of Artillery support you are calling. If it's an 80mm Mortar Platoon attached to your company it can come pretty damn fast. If it's 150mm at the Battalion level it could take a bit longer. There's a lot of factors that determine how fast fire support...
  5. H

Self propelled arty guns

The Stug III was not self propelled artillery. It was an assault gun. It's main role was direct fire support for infantry, not long range bombardment. If you had a particularly bothersome position, you could pull up a stug and blast the hell out of it with high explosive rounds. Due to a...
  6. H

The Machine Gunner Class

There is nothing wrong with the machine guns.....the 42 is a beast. People don't use it properly.
  7. H

The Machine Gunner Class

I've had training on the M240B 7.62mm machine gun. The tracers look different depending on the angle you are looking at them. When viewing them from the side, they look more like bolts of light. From the firing position, they look more like glowing dots moving away from you. Whoever said a...
  8. H

The Machine Gunner Class

Uh...no. Actually in WWII the weapon that caused the most allied casualties was the German 80mm mortar.
  9. H

Boasting of realism (with kill console on).

This is just a guess but....Cause it's fun? Realism nuts should join the army with me, you too can run 4 miles a day, sweat your *** off in full battle rattle and shoot real live rounds down range! ;)
  10. H

MG protection & resupply

This is how I feel. Except I know how to use the MG. Find a way to model supression and you have a fix for the "fearsome" MG. Until that, you need to use the MG in an ahistorical role. It works, just not how people like it too.
  11. H

Grenades are too quiet....

Look...I've thrown grenades. Most recently with the 101st. Airborne Division..."Air Assault!". Where is your expert background? Go find about a 1 pound rock that's 3 inches across. Throw it around. You can certainly hear other things better. The M67 makes a "ting" sound when you release the...
  12. H

Grenades are too quiet....

Grenades are a solid, explosive filled, object. Throw a rock. That's pretty much what a grenade sounds like when it hits. Kind of a soft thud. Add a little battle noise in there and you don't hear them hitting. Trust me, I know this from experience.
  13. H

Machine Guns

My army manual states that it takes 36" (yes that's 3 feet) of timber to stop small arms rounds up to 7.62mm. This is information come straight from my battle book. Oh, it also states it takes 6" of reinforced concrete to stop rounds up to 7.62mm. This is all under the army manual for...
  14. H

A letter to community.

They do anyway. Because I'm a damn good player and excellent team player.
  15. H

A letter to community.

Many of you are assuming that the TK is always the shooters fault. I can't count how many times some 'bone head' ran in front of my line of fire. Who's stupidity is it then? It's still a waste of time...you'll never get one from me. Of course anyone that's played any amount of time with me...
  16. H

A letter to community.

Personally I think apologies are a huge waste of time. Unless I'm just shooting people at the spawn and have a -50 score, of course it was an accident and if I AM doing that, I'm not going to apologize anyway. You know that, I know that, so why should you have to take the time to write...
  17. H

Release: Armored Beasts 2.03 beta

wow...I wanna try this, but I can't find any servers running it. They should ALL be running it...
  18. H

A few minor things...

Not that I would risk shooting a wall that close but yes, they do do that.
  19. H

MG protection & resupply

and points mean nothing...really they don't. I don't see the need.
  20. H

Tactics Smoke nades

Smoke should always be placed ON the enemy. To either blind them on the assault, or blind them from YOUR assault. On defense, smoke an area and shoot them as they come out of the smoke. On offense, smoke the defenders and work your way around them unseen. Never smoke an objective of an...