• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Search results

1. T

General Protection Fault

I seem to be getting this error (accompanied by a CTD) once every few hours while playing Killing Floor. I would normally get it once every few months playing RO. Any idea if its game or hardware related? Build KillingFloor_Build_[2009-02-09_10.82] OS: Windows XP 5.1 (Build: 2600) CPU...
  2. T

Suppression Idea (inspired by Call of Juarez)

You know how in RO when someone is shooting at you, your vision blurs/darkens? Remember how when you first started playing how effective it was at keeping you from shooting back when you were behind cover? Chances are, that if you are a seasoned player you have adapted to this game mechanic...
  3. T

Dev server TK limits

You have a few tards on both servers racking up -50 scores and below. Might want to check on that.
  4. T

Post from the PoE forums, made me laugh

Thought this parody would be appreciated in these forums too. PS- I highly encourage all of you to try PoE. The community is a lot like RO's, and the game is alot of fun.
  5. T

Any of you ever play Red Baron 3d?

The game still has an active (though smallish) community. I installed the game two days ago for the first time in 7 or so years and have been having a great time. The game is classified as "abandonware" now (the studio that created it doesnt exist). You can find the game here...
  6. T

Please change the sniper kill icon back.

Title says it all. The new icon is unrealistic and serves to "glorify" the sniper position (as if we really needed more of that :rolleyes:). The old system had the same icon for both standard rifle and scoped. It's the same bullet that kills, why should the icon be any different? Plus, someone...
  7. T

Controled burst SMG suggestion

I know there have been several "fix the smg" threads, but in this one I am putting forth a suggestion as to how to do so. The way I see it, the problem with the SMG's is that the recoil is instantly powerful and random the moment you pull the trigger in the crouched and standing positions. This...
  8. T

You know what my favorite thing about RO is?

How a sizeable portion of the community (if not the majority) will say "GG" after a round. Think about it. It shows character when someone can aknowledge the other team for providing a fun game (win or lose).It's great that we have so many "good sports" in our community, when most other matches...
  9. T

Zombie Golf

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=469620 Explain yourself, Yoshiro. :p
  10. T

Random Papasha magazine?

Would it be possible to make the PPSh have a random variable that determines whether or not the player gets drum magazines or 30 round magazines? Perhaps the different magazines could also change the weapon behavior as well. Just a simple suggestion to add some variety to the gameplay.
  11. T

Level Design Lvov Outskirts, Opinions wanted

Hello everyone. I've decided that I want to create a set of combined arms maps (there are not enough of them) based on maps from the strategy game Close Combat 3. I want to make my first map based on the fighting outside of Lvov, Poland at the start of Barbarosa. The problem is, Close Combat...
  12. T

Attention Team Tankers!

Please promote [TT] to crew members you meet online! Earlier today I was telling players in the server I was in (playing Orel) to look for [TT] tags if they wanted to work together with competent teamates. No one knew what [TT] was! I explained what it was, and they were quite interested...
  13. T

IDEA: RO official mappack?

What do you guys think about an official dev-sanctioned map pack? The best community maps (cough: Snowy Forest) could submit their work to the dev/beta test team to be tested and evaluated for realism, balance, originality, etc. Those that fit the bill could either be advertised on the website...
  14. T

Whats the word on the more advanced tank damage model?

I've read some discussion about the next patch improving the tank damage model, but what exactly is does the dev team plan to implement? I know the penetration/ricochet issue is being addressed, but is anything else being considered? For instance, I've seen people talking about damaging...
  15. T

Can Someone explain Hedgehog to me?

Why does this map have early war tanks (P3, T60) and late war small arms (mg42, STG, semi-auto rifles, etc)? It seems a bit "gamey" to me. What battle and time period does this map represent?
  16. T

Please implement an AFK autokick system

I dont know who fires up their game and lets it run for hours on end while they go do something else, but it is getting rediculous. Every server I go to has at least 2 AFK players at any given time. I'm not talking about people who are gone for a few minutes and return, thats understandable. My...
  17. T

Tank Shell "flare"

Can someone explain to me the purpose of the flame that trails every tank shell? Every time I see it, I think back to the rocket launcher in the original Doom game. I understand it makes it easy to see where your shell hits/goes, but is it realistic? In real life, certainly you couldnt trace...
  18. T

Sprint overrides everything

In the next patch, would it be possible to allow the "sprint" action to override any command in progress? I dont know about many of you, but I often find myself getting in trouble while reloading, attaching a bayonet, using I.S., etc. Even though I try not to do these things in the open, the...