• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Search results

1. T

Thoughts about a certain video

Hipshooting the MG34 is too easy because their is practically no lateral deviation when firing (even long/sustained bursts). When firing from the hip, there is a slight rise than can be easily compensated for and the shots can be "walked" into the target at nearly every engagement range in the...
  2. T

Hey Ramm-Jaeger what happened to hero status & MkB42H/AVT40 being rare weapons?

I brought my forum account out of retirement to come here and say that I really WANT to like RO2, but I'm just not having any fun with it in its current form. There are many gameplay changes that have improved upon RO1 (suppression, penetration, weapon deployment/mantling), but the decision to...
  3. T

Weapons suggestions

M-14, please!!! And maybe a different shotgun/loadout that shoots slugs rather than buckshot.
  4. T

General Protection Fault

I seem to be getting this error (accompanied by a CTD) once every few hours while playing Killing Floor. I would normally get it once every few months playing RO. Any idea if its game or hardware related? Build KillingFloor_Build_[2009-02-09_10.82] OS: Windows XP 5.1 (Build: 2600) CPU...
  5. T

24/7 Danzig hurting the NA RO community?

It has nothing to do with getting the top score. I've been playing this game as long as anyone, I know what to do. Its the overall gameplay that I don't like. It's not tactical, realistic, or fun (IMO).
  6. T

I just checked the servers, and I see that most of the 24/7's are 50 player servers (even with Clans/Communities who own multiple servers). Why do they host Danzig on a fifty player server ( :rolleyes:) and their combined arms maps on a 32 or less? CA maps scale much better with additional...
  7. T

I don't play RO as much as when the game first came out, but when I do I nearly always play on European servers. I refuse to play in 24/7 Map servers. I don't know why the majority of US servers are this format, but I don't like it.
  8. T

Il-2 thread

Saitek controllers are resizable to fit all had sizes.
  9. T

I need a Joystick

Sorry for the double post, but you configure Joystick settings for IL2 in the HOTAS settings at the very bottom of the controls menu if it isnt already. Technical term is encoders. :D
  10. T

I need a Joystick

I absolutely love my Saitek X52. I recommend it if you are willing to spend 100+ on a joystick.
  11. T

Red Orchestra Lite

The devs have stated on many occasions that the Unreal Engine relies heavily on the CPU rather than the GPU.
  12. T

Combat Flight Sim 2

I actually meant that its not the same game at all. The demo is just stock IL-2. Everyone online plays based off the Forgotten Battles game, which was a standalone product.
  13. T

Gameplay Complaints...

Answer: Because this is Red Orchestra, not "RAMBO: THE GAME" Nearly everything you asked about is a planned gameplay mechanic to make the game feel like a real situation, not a fragfest. The reason a lot of us play this game (and avoid others) is because of the points you brought up.
  14. T

Combat Flight Sim 2

The demo is not the newer version of IL-2. Oleg Maddox released two games with essentially the same name.
  15. T

Gasmaks?

Please try to substantiate this post with historical references indicating where or when chemical gas was used on the battlefield during WW2.
  16. T

Combat Flight Sim 2

IIRC the il-2 series covers every theater (there is no African single player campaign, though the italian/german/british planes of that time are all flyable). The Pacific Fighters stand-alone expansion did a great job with carrier based air warfare. The "IL-2 1946" release includes every...
  17. T

Combat Flight Sim 2

Even though I agree with you, I would like to apend "unless you want to stand a fair chance using any western aircraft besides the spitfire." Though I hear in the new beta patch energy retention seems to be better for the heavier (typically zoom and boom) aircraft.
  18. T

Not able to shoot when enemy too close

Just to make it clear (my first post was brief), I am totally in favor of some type of disorientation system for melee.
  19. T

90% of the time for me, bayonets kill in the first hit.
  20. T

In real life, if someone came up on me with a bayonet and I still had bullets, I'd shoot him. What, am I supposed to just say "You got me!" and let him stab me? I dont think so.