• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Search results

1. how2skate_com

Stalingrad Kessel is fundamentally flawed

This is indicative of any map design. ;) I've been in teams who can't cap A on spartanovka in the first 5 minutes, well... it only makes sense we didn't get past A the entire game. Progress can be slow, but if it stops for 5 minutes you're screwed anyways. Okay, there are exceptions like when...
  2. how2skate_com

Tanks...Game size etc.

Good tankers are definately something to be scared about. But in general... I don't see a lot of tankers who can really go on a killing spree. Perhaps it's not fun enough to keep playing tanks and become good at it?
  3. how2skate_com

Tactics Smoke and Manuever

I agree, but the key word here is "good players". Most aren't. Unless you're talking about clan games, but I only play on public servers with random players. Another point we agree on, smoke on the bridge won't do much good (unless when capping C). For D and E smoke has its uses on the ridge...
  4. how2skate_com

A few more things: - It's the job of the SL's to throw the smoke far enough. The point is not to run through the smoke, but run towards the smoke and stop before it. - You overestimate the size of the maps :D in some maps even 2 smoke grenades is enough to cover the entire cap zone, in the...
  5. how2skate_com

There's 2 kinds of defenders in general: - The ones far away, rifle, sniper, MG. With enough smoke, you block the first 2 completely, MG can still shoot but he can only shoot at the smoke and will hit almost nothing. This MG gunner needs a constant supply of ammo or he will run out very fast...
  6. how2skate_com

3-4 smoke grenades next to eachother can create such as mass of smoke that can cover almost the entire frontline. Yes, it blocks the view of your support... but everyone can move up, and there's nothing the enemy can do about it really (other than calling in arty). MG fire can shoot through one...
  7. how2skate_com

I agree that fighting from higher ground is generally easier. But on the everyday server it's enough to just get everyone in the cap and stay there, there's plenty of places where the defenders can't hurt you. I've been in cap there, waiting 5 minutes without even getting close to being shot...
  8. how2skate_com

Teamkilling

Could work, but I like the "np". It adds some courtesy. It makes you feel warm inside for forgiving someone. :D
  9. how2skate_com

Better access to high ground... true, but the attackers don't have to go anywhere near that high ground. It's so bloody easy to just walk in the cap and just sit there, and cap. Maybe toss some nades up, for the fun of it. The problem is too many people try to push further/higher than they have to.
  10. how2skate_com

There's a first time for everything

I've never played commander. Anti-tank, engineer and sniper... almost never, but at least I tried. Just not my cup of tea. :)
  11. how2skate_com

Am I just doing something wrong?

I share your experience, but I think it's based on your team. If you have a good team, you can do your work well, it's easy to move to ambush positions and "enter god-mode". In a crap team, you try to do what you can, but they don't cover you so you can't get to the objectives, have to set up...
  12. how2skate_com

I've never seen the attackers lose at A... not even once. I've been stuck there for a few minutes and lost lots of reinforcements... but honestly there are more difficult points to cap in the game. C & D on Bridges is another example that comes to mind.
  13. how2skate_com

Online Campaign thought,

More territories? As if campaign doesn't last long enough already... :p While I agree there is a problem, I feel the best solution is to keep working on balancing all the maps. If there are no easy or hard maps, all maps will be chosen equally. :)
  14. how2skate_com

RS Are there any "MELEE ONLY" servers/events?

SL4/5 would be okay, but still there's smoke to throw and arty points to mark. If you have an automatic weapon, you have to admit that using the katana is not a valid tactic and it's just fooling around. Yes, it's fun, and I've played with it myself a few times as well... but just watch out...
  15. how2skate_com

Potatoes

Perhaps I was just raging a little after a certain "good game" :D Nevertheless... the suggestions given here are actually pretty good. I doubt they will be implemented, but some penalty for excessive grenade TK's would be good. :)
  16. how2skate_com

RS Are there any "MELEE ONLY" servers/events?

1. If you do this, I hope it's on a bot server, not with real players. You have an important role as SL, don't ruin the game for your entire team by running around with your sword. 2. Melee kills are super easy, as Japanese rifleman I always rush in and kill at least 5 every run. That's why I...
  17. how2skate_com

Potatoes

For those who don't remember this: Call of Duty 2 - Throwing Potatos (Grenades) - YouTube I want everyone below level 25 to get 2 potatoes instead of grenades. The good: - Less TK's - Throwing exercise for beginners - Potatoes can still hurt... The bad: - Once they find out they're only...
  18. how2skate_com

IDEA! Community weapon contest

The one without stock is for new soldiers. New soldiers don't know how to take care of their weapons yet and are more likely to accidentaly break parts off... such as the stock. It totally makes sense from a realistic point of view. ;)
  19. how2skate_com

Make Sls and Commanders only available to much higher levels

Absolutely YES. Or even better, check out my suggestion in my topic about this. After 344 hours in this game, I'm starting to feel an okay SL, not great but just okay. Someone with only 10 hours play time will absolutely suck and ruin the game for his entire team. Game after game we struggle...
  20. how2skate_com

RO2 SL weapons

... but why would you want SL's to stay back and snipe? A lot of beginners take SL to get the gun, true... but better solutions for this have been given and ignored in the past.