• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Search results

1. T

Full body awareness

Because you now have to render that change dynamically instead of a standard body model and a weapon. You have to model a side arm, main ammo, 2nd ammo, PF, satchels, different types of nades and move all these objects in sync with the main body object.
  2. T

Which side do you prefer?

You don't have the, pick the winning side until we run out of reinforcements then I switch sides option. Depends on the map. If I'm joining a game in progress, I auto choose, then check to make sure the sides are balanced. If not, I switch sides if neccessary. On a map change, it depends on the...
  3. T

High ping, and the whiners

No. I hate when my teams sniper has negative points and we are being dominated by the other side. But more slots is never the answer. Work with the guy. Help him. Follow him and pick up the sniper rifle when he dies, whatever, but not more slots. I was on Odessa the a couple of days ago, on the...
  4. T

Oh hell, not this again...recoil bug???

Since the patch I'm seeing more blanks and missed shots. I really believe this comes down to some servers just not having the horsepower to handle the load.
  5. T

Favorite Weapon?

Overall the Stg44. With the new accuracy I'm like the MG-34. full auto and single while deployed. Even does a good job of room clearing shooting from the hip.
  6. T

For folks slowly updating.....

And while driving.
  7. T

K98 rifle ammo

I owned several variants of the k98 and other mausers variants all with the mauser bolt and loader. I never experienced this problem. I used to keep a few loose rounds and would load a sixth round into the chamber after using the stripper clip for the first 5.
  8. T

Your favourite RO moment so far

My favorite is getting 4 tank kills as a sniper. Ok I had 3 PFs from a dead comrade. The first was a 60m hit on a IS-2. It was great to watch the smoke trail arch up and then come straight down no the engine compartment. A little while later 2 T-34/85s and an IS-2 drive up and surround me on 3...
  9. T

New Issues

It never works. Just as there are griefers that spoil a game, there are admins that are arses who would be banning people that most decent admins wouldn't. This will wind up poisoning any central database of banned griefers. So I would go with the, stick to servers that provide a decent number...
  10. T

Spawn Camping/Supression

There are at least two maps that I believe were designed with spawn camping in mind. First why did the designer of the map put that back enterance behind the 2nd line and not add spawn protection? On Orel (all versions) the designer deliberately put a radio overlooking the first spawn. I know...
  11. T

Newbie Impressions

I do a pretty good job with the MP-40. Both are great trench clearing tools. Had my best moment when 4 russkies all hiding behind a large rock. I ran around empty clip and got 3. Luckily the fourth was a sniper. He pulled his pistol and start shooting. I ran back behind rock and reloaded. Then...
  12. T

Mud on Russians Roads hasn't changed in 50 years

See what a Federal highway in Russia looks like today when it rains. The is the Lena. http://englishrussia.com/?p=315
  13. T

the ability to shoot through tank veiw slits

In Tigers in the Mud Otto Carius talks about how the Russians would use their anti-tank rifles to shoot out all of their view ports.
  14. T

Control bug?

Since you were able to play for awhile and now the problem shows up really points to a bad keyboard. Another area to check is do you have the Accessibility turned on. Maybe you are holding down a key in RO that you never use in any other game and are turning it on. Do you have a programmable...
  15. T

Details on the September Update

But is not that liberated item now the property of the state :)
  16. T

Spawning on the frontline.

I don't know what fight this map represents. But this could have been a surprise attack and represents the germans attempting to get to their perimeter defenses before the Russians overrun them.
  17. T

Tactics Avoiding Tanks...

Remember even if prone there are clipping issues and the tankers can sometimes still see you behind objects. So be where they are not looking.
  18. T

Tactics T60 on Hedgehog

The Pz III spawns in 3 different locations on HH. In one location it spawns with APCR instead of HE. You can use this to your advantage and have at least 2 Pz IIIs on that map. Then that pesky T-60 has a real hard time surviving.
  19. T

Tank Dynamics And Combat In Game

My guess is you could have set it to 1000m and still would have hit them. Some have said that the max visible distance is 1000m with this graphics engine. I have also set my sights to 1200m. But I later got to the same spot and in a Stug (max 1000m range setting) I was still able to accurately...