• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Search results

1. B

ROOST vet asks: Current state of RO2?

To be clear, my questions are regarding RO2. I haven't purchased and I am contemplating.
  2. B

ROOST vet asks: Current state of RO2?

Hey guys/gals. I was a huge ROOST player for several years. One of the best times I've had in my well over 30 years of gaming. I had planned on building a new rig for the release of RO2 but life got in the way and I was stuck with older titles and consoles for a bit. However I have recently...
  3. B

Querying Master Server?

Hey guys, Old RO player returning after getting a new laptop. I installed RO and everything seems to be fine. However when I go to find servers it just continues to query the master server without finding anything. Has anything changed? Nothing has changed on my network so I'm not sure why I...
  4. B

RO2 in Pelit-magazine - RO2=COD???

Ramm....I love ya buddy. I still miss the early days of retail release RO and occasionally getting to play with you and some of the other developers. Great times. I also share some of the worries of what will be done for a more mainstream appeal. However I understand that it has to be done and...
  5. B

Will it have search & destroy?

This statement really says a lot about your IQ. I personally really do enjoy S&D in other games. However in RO it should be as a secondary thought since the standard mode is already fantastic. The fact is dieing in RO is costly just as it is in S&D. In most servers I play there is always a...
  6. B

What will it take to save RO?

The Clowns server is one of the servers I was speaking of and definitely my number one choice once enough get on for a proper match. The RO community is a small but enjoyable community and I see nothing wrong with continuing to get the word out about the few solid servers. I have no affiliation...
  7. B

What will it take to save RO?

I've been playing alot of DH lately. It's a nice mod and has a good player base on several servers. I really like the feel of combined arms action as well as infantry raids feel many of the maps have to them. I have played RO a little recently and still love the game. However I can only find a...
  8. B

DLC, a step in the wrong direction

People who have PURCHASED every game TWI has released and will PURCHASE their next release are "freeloaders". OK. :rolleyes:
  9. B

$1.99?

Cheap? All you get is 4 skins! I am a long time supporter of TWI who pre-ordered RO and also own KF. However in my personal opinion this DLC is just sad. With all the great things I have told others about Tripwirte I personally cannot defend them here. I thought I would only see crap like this...
  10. B

Sorry, but why exactly is map whitelisting really needed?

It's very simple guys. If you have 2 guys around similar skill level and one is a legit level 2 Sharpshooter playing next to a farmed Level 5 Sharpshooter the 5 is going to be taking up a lot of the kills affecting the other players attempt at leveling legit. Not only would the legit player have...
  11. B

killing floor is dieng

Killing Floor lives!
  12. B

Sorry, but why exactly is map whitelisting really needed?

Funny, that's exactly how I feel about people complaining about whitelisting the maps. Whitelisting creates no problems at all. If you want to play a map or mod that isn't whitelisted you just go ahead and play. Perks and leveling up aren't a big deal anyway right?
  13. B

White listing maps

Please pay no attention to those complaining about the maps whitelist. It is a great idea and was surely needed. Bravo TW.
  14. B

Question for a mod...

...just wondering why my thread was closed. I'm returning to the game and trying to start up a discussion about ROOST, meet new players etc. I looked at the other forums and didn't see a more proper venue. What is the issue? Somewhere else I should have posted? The post does have to do with the...
  15. B

I'm back and I missed you ROOST!

Hey everyone. I bought ROOST off Steam on the first day available and then began playing religiously until early 2007. Being married with three kids, working in IT and coaching 2 soccer teams I often go on breaks from gaming. When I took a break it was a long one and then ended up getting a PS3...
  16. B

The actual Tiger tank

You can add me to that list as well.:) I think the biggest point he made that I would have never let my enemy know is about the angling. On almost every other tank I find the best deflection angles to be at 11 or 1. On the Tiger however I find that it does best angled a tad further. Anyway my...
  17. B

Koitos

There is another remake map out there that I have enjoyed. I never played the mod so I can't recall the name. The obj. are a park in the center and a radio on one side and factory ruins on the other. I played it twice and there was only about 10-12 people at the time. I'm not sure how it would...
  18. B

The Code of Manly Conduct: How Manly Men Play Red Orchestra

You and Avenger are both trolls.:mad: Seriously, if you think the RO community is one of the worst on the net I have to wonder; What in the hell hole did you crawl out of? Have you visited the forums of very many, no I should say any, other fps games? In fact how about any other video game...
  19. B

If there was a Singleplayer campaign...

I voted "Whatever I don't care". I'm glad TW has focussed on the multiplayer aspect and future support of it. I love RO because it is such a great team game and probably wouldn't play through the single player if it was included. Having said all that, if I had to choose it would be Russian.
  20. B

Bayonet hit timing needs to be fixed

Yeah, the melee is definitely way off. It can be effective once you get used to it. Still it needs to be improved alot. I've watched guys perform incredible mating rituals as they danced what seemed like forever desperately trying to melee one another. Once on Odessa I was playing as German and...