• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Search results

1. BigMorgan

The honest thoughts of an RO:Ost vet

It's not so much the OP's complaints are without some merit, and well-put, but really, did he not realize that each complaint has been made - literally - several hundred times in the last 3+ weeks? I'm really tired of clicking a thread, trying to give an honest read-through to find the original...
  2. BigMorgan

list your hardware in this thread if game runs perfect for you

i7 920 @ 3.36ghz GTX460 (mildly oc'ed) 6gb RAM Win7 Enterprise x64 Running at 1920x1080, all settings to high, bloom off, and with Vsync enabled (otherwise I was getting some tearing). Frames consistently between 30 and 55 fps. I realize that for some that may be considered unacceptably low...
  3. BigMorgan

More historical loadouts for Realism mode

I voted no. I want bug fixes and additional content from TWI - such as the SDK. Let the modding community do this one.
  4. BigMorgan

Hey Ramm-Jaeger what happened to hero status & MkB42H/AVT40 being rare weapons?

Since the patch that restricted the AVT and MKb to Assault class the number of those weapons has decreased to the point that they cannot unbalance the gameplay significantly. At least not on a 32-player server. If people are still seriously upset about this, just from an historical authenticity...
  5. BigMorgan

Is it a game design that russians are supposed to lose more ?

I have definitely noticed that the more-skilled players tend to lean towards the Axis team, while less-skilled players (likely because they are simply new, and eager to play, thus clicking the button for the team with fewer players) end up on Allies. I honestly expect it will balance out over...
  6. BigMorgan

A Message To 64-player Server Admins

A Message to OP: Play on 32-player servers. :p
  7. BigMorgan

Commissar's House

+1 This map, playing as Allies against a fairly skilled team on Axis employing the exact "tactics" described in the OP, is the first time I've ever raged in this game. Just opened webadmin and switched it to Pavlov's House while we still had 50 reinforcements left. Spawning in those small...
  8. BigMorgan

The leveling system is a cancer within the game.

I don't about you, man, but I just took a break after playing for a couple hours despite being roughly an hour away from unlocking the PPSh drum. :confused:
  9. BigMorgan

Should TWI be worried

Summer 2012 is that date, we're all hoping. :cool:
  10. BigMorgan

Iron Front Liberation 1944

If these guys have got a license to use the fully-updated Arma2:OA engine (patch 1.60 is imminent and the engine's lead programmer has stated it will finally resolve multiplayer warping) this game will be triumphant. Will it replace RO2? No. Two different games, two different appeals. I'll...
  11. BigMorgan

Should TWI be worried

I will be playing both; not really sure why TWI has anything to be worried about? I do think Iron Front will deliver the kind of multiplayer gameplay that a lot of people around here seem to be yearning for (long range engagements, slow and careful advances, etc.). Frankly if you're any kind...
  12. BigMorgan

The cure to cancer is HIV.

Anyone else see this and think, "Zombies" ?
  13. BigMorgan

I Feel sorry for the people who play Russians

:confused: Russians don't always win, but when they do, we drink :IS2:
  14. BigMorgan

RO used to be a game for men.

I understand. I think as more of the critical bugs and problems are ironed out and all the server-side customization features are implemented in the coming weeks the game can only get better. At the very least I can't imagine why the modding community this game is sure to develop won't be able...
  15. BigMorgan

Why not give the MKB/AVT to the Elite Rifleman?

Agree, but I wouldn't put the derogatory spin on it. Even if the game is fairly run-and-gun oriented Squadleaders and especially the Commanders need to fight with their squad or team. Their weapon is secondary to providing the support and direction the team needs to win. Giving them the best...
  16. BigMorgan

Hey Ramm-Jaeger what happened to hero status & MkB42H/AVT40 being rare weapons?

I guess you missed his post today? http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?t=64600 Or perhaps I missed where it was specifically mentioned the Mkb and AVT would be limited only to Hero units? At the very least, hold off judgment until the limits are set properly to the...
  17. BigMorgan

Germans blend in in the maps too well...

I was wondering where this idea of shining white Russians came from as I haven't seen it... must be because I also have bloom disabled. If it's a rendering issue causing the Russians to stand out more than the Germans I have to say that's something that ought to be addressed in a future update. :(
  18. BigMorgan

RO used to be a game for men.

I have seen RO1-vet clans work in very organized fireteams and be DAMNED hard to stop. What's stopping you and your buddies from using correct tactics to defeat 12 year-olds? :p In all seriousness the game does play very fast; but while the rest between rounds could be a bit longer, I don't...
  19. BigMorgan

QUESTION: any chance of FOV be increased?

Absolutely. Ramm-Jaeger himself suggested editing your ROGame.ini to expand the FOV, with the caveat that TWI will not officially support a higher FOV at this time. Edit the line "PlayerFOV= 75.0000" to something more suitable. I also hope they bring the in-game option back in the future, but...
  20. BigMorgan

MKB/AVT Availability Change Incoming

I'm not picking on you, Raptus, but I'm a little tired of hearing this. Can someone provide some direct proof that, tables from September '42 aside, SMG's weren't as common as bolts on the Stalingrad battlefield? It just seems so counter to my (admittedly limited) reading of histories of the...