• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Search results

1. swatx

What we are up to - Feb 10th Edition

Good to see people at TWI took our advice and decided to inform us more regularly. Keeping the community in the loop is a wise decision. However, you MUST have goals and directions planned ahead. As much as people of this community want to help by suggesting ideas and solutions to some problems...
  2. swatx

[Question] Ingame console, remove hud, record demo.

It's explained here: http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?t=73317 As for recording in-game, there's a command called demorec. Search for it here on the forums, I'm sure you will find some info on that.
  3. swatx

Code Mutator Common Coding Problems and solutions

Without specifying the ModPackages, it works just fine. Anyway, I figured out what was wrong. I did some other tests before the official SDK release and had this line in ROEngine.ini under [UnrealEd.EditorEngine]: EditPackages=FirstMutator I can't remember why I did it. Silly me. :D I removed...
  4. swatx

Yes, that's exactly where I put it. Also, here's an extract from the ROEditor.ini: [ModPackages] ModPackagesInPath=..\..\ROGame\Src ModOutputDir=..\..\ROGame\Unpublished\CookedPC\Script ModPackages=FirstMutator I think that's how it should be, right? P.S. I re-installed the SDK and now it...
  5. swatx

How long does it take to cook a mutator? When I clicked on the shortcut, I had to wait about five minutes until a window appeared with a list of some sort. As soon as my mutator appeared in the list, ROGame.exe just crashed. There should be nothing in the mutator that could crash the compiler...
  6. swatx

[How Do I?] How to bind Sry and NP to keyboard key

"Sorry" and "NP" are just simple chat commands: say Sorry say NP you can no doubt test in this in the console. I could be poking in the dark here but theoretically all you need to do is bind a key to this command. Something like: Bindings=(Name="L",Command="say Sorry") This should be bind...
  7. swatx

January 10th Update Notes

Yup. We translated the pdf to a text-based version: http://raw-recruits.com/red-orchestra-2-game-manual Although I can't find the pdf, I'm sure it is mentioned somewhere on the forums.
  8. swatx

I think of the guys from TWI mentioned a while ago that some sort of manual will be released eventually.
  9. swatx

I want to point out that the SDK won't work if you try to launch it through Steam. Go to your Steam folder, steamapps/common/red orchestra 2/binaries/win64/ and double click on ROEditor.bat. The source code is in Development/Src.
  10. swatx

[Error] Empty Server Browser

I have tried this in the past, didn't help. :o
  11. swatx

[Error] Empty Server Browser

I've been having this problem since I bought the game. To me it doesn't matter whose fault it is, it should be fixed ASAP. How is TWI going to attract more regular RO2 players if they can't even get the servers list?! It's been really frustrating not only for me, but for other members of my...
  12. swatx

Not Afraid to Die?

This is too deep for me. Now, where did I put that bottle of mine...
  13. swatx

Typing in sorry for tking you and other,s

I agree. Having something like "<my_name> forgave <somebody>" would be nice.
  14. swatx

The list from Red Orchestra player

An excellent post, a lot of good ideas. I never played RO or DH, just RO2 but I must say I expected more tactical gameplay in this game. Your list would probably fix a lot of gamemplay problems. However, you should keep in mind that they need to continue working on other things such as the SDK...
  15. swatx

Bots, why? why are so many servers using bots?

We have tried running the server without bots in the begining and it didn't work out. We didn't have a lot of clan members who bought the game so at first it was only 3-4 of us trying to jumpstart the server each day. As soon as we added some bots, it became easier. We're not RO veterans but...
  16. swatx

Feed back from TWI. How do you feel?

I can't say that TWI has been unresponsive but I personally miss regular information updates about the game. If TWI is counting on the community to make the game better, they should start a dev blog and post regularly there. For example, map screenshots, bugs that are being fixed, new features...
  17. swatx

A Moment of Peace - Red Orchestra 2

It's fine, no harm done. We were not trying to make this story completely authentic. :)
  18. swatx

Funny Screenshots - Share Yours!

This was taken by one of our fellow members: Dental Plan - YouTube! :D
  19. swatx

Cheers. :) Well, I don't think there are a lot of native sounds for Silent Night in this game. :D Other voices were taken from the game, although there weren't that many of them. If you mean the music that comes with the game, then it wouldn't have fit the scenery that we're trying to portray...
  20. swatx

Hello everyone, about a month ago we (well, actually one of our members) came with an idea for a short Red Orchestra 2 movie for Christmas. However, due to time constrains and technical difficulties we couldn't finish it before Christmas like we intended to. Nonetheless, we published it just...