• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Search results

1. E

PC Possible bug re: frequency of certain drops?

I've been keeping up with the market page for this game since the Zedconomy update dropped. I have noticed some weird things. In this post I wish to draw attention to the fact that one of the rarest sights in the market is a blue rarity AR15 skin called "Anodized Hazard". Despite being only...
  2. E

Item marketplace and the PS4 version

Has anyone wondered how, if at all, the market will work on PS4? I doubt they will have item drops being sold by players for real money like on PC, I can't think of a console digital delivery system that would even allow this (like Steam does). Maybe when it's time for the PS4 release TWI will...
  3. E

Very interesting - Possibly 12 Perks for final release?

This is a repost of my thread in the KF2 Steam forums (http://steamcommunity.com/app/232090/discussions/0/496879865904328992/), with some updates: I'm surprised nobody else noticed this - Small ARG? One profile background...
  4. E

Regarding "One Frame Thread Lag"

With it on, would your client's view stay one frame behind the information you received from the server (such as extrapolated player positions based on momentum, etc.)? 'Cause I swear the feedback from my hits (like shooting at a wall) appear sooner with it OFF. One frame may look like little...
  5. E

Separate binds for a few key actions

I'm sorry if this thread has been made before. It probably has. Aside from the obvious, problematic mish-mash of functions with the CTRL key (nothing like desperately trying to pick up a SMG near cover and have your avatar go in and out of cover repeatedly, like a moron), there's also the need...
  6. E

Weapon tier list

This a silly thing to do, but let me revive the early days of CS (where every new beta release warranted several posts about which weapons were better than others, which ones got nerfed, etc.). This is obviously looking at every weapon in a vacuum, and disregarding player aptitude. Please...
  7. E

Lack of interpolation really kills games with a small community.

I have only two worthwhile servers from my country. And one of them is closing down soon. My options will soon become playing in 250ms+ servers and leading targets by five body lengths, or not playing at all. I've read Ramm's "rationale" for keeping with the old UT-style netcode and I'm just not...
  8. E

Sliding scale of realism, where do you think RO2 sits?

From 0 to 10, with 10 being stuff like DCS Black Shark or perhaps a non-commercial milsim, 0 being your average, unrealistic FPS I'd say ArmA II, Delta Force and the likes are an 8 RnL for HL2 a 5 ROOST a 4.5 and RO2 a 3 Games like CS and COD are a 1 or something. Maybe DoD is a 1.5 I...
  9. E

Killing Panzer IV reliably

Anyone got tips? Shooting for the lower right section of the tank (as in ROOST) yields dubious success, both for the AT rifle and with the T-34 main gun. Reliable 1-2 shot kills require very unlikely flank scenarios, like catching one from behind or with its side completely exposed (you'll only...
  10. E

Resupplying AT rifle rounds

Seems hit and miss. It rarely works for me, yet the anti-tank grenades are always resupplied. Is the inability to resupply AT rounds intentional? Also, what's the cooldown on resupply points? An in-game counter (like the artillery and force respawn ones) would be very helpful, perhaps on the...
  11. E

Periphery indicators not working

Is that a realism setting thing? I barely ever got them to work (once or twice), but many others insist they work even on hardcore. I'm using 75 FOV. Any ideas? ---
  12. E

Can we get some info on what changes are being made to map geometry/details?

As you can see on this thread: http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showpost.php?p=892991&postcount=5 Apparently TWI is/will be tweaking the detail in some maps, with general performance gains in mind. However, to the best of my knowledge, these changes are not being documented anywhere. I...
  13. E

It'd be really humane if you could finish agonizing enemies.

I don't feel like posting this on the "suggestions" forum because there are so many issues to sort out before even considering tweaking aesthetic stuff like that, but damn - It feels wrong having to hear the dude you just gunned down cry and gurgle blood for 20 seconds like some sort of sadistic...
  14. E

Anyone got the Sensitivity and Zoomed sensitivity commands?

How can I fine-tune these? The in-game slider doesn't tell me much, can I edit a .ini or use the console? I know about SetSensitivity [FLOAT], but that doesn't even tell me what my current sensitivity is. Thanks in advance. ---
  15. E

How would you feel about removing unlocks and character upgrades?

I don't mean getting rid of personal stat tracking, that's a fun thing to have. But stuff like the % reductions in weapon sway, reload speed, stamina expenditure...I feel these are awful decisions for the kind of gameplay in RO2. To me it's completely at odds with the "feel" you get from the...
  16. E

The lethal range of grenades is really short, isn't it?

I know you need to make concessions for balance sometimes, but it's pretty odd. I'm not a rivet counter that believes you need to add the need to refuel your tank or clean your feeding mechanism to every game that goes for anything past above-average realism, as that kind of detail is largely...
  17. E

This game has insane potential, but is far from finished.

Who agrees? When it does work like it should, you can see a promising, proper, brilliantly-realized PC game underneath. But sorry, it doesn't have only "a few issues", and saying stuff like it's "maybe not perfect" like Ramm himself did is putting it VERY lightly. How can you take people that...
  18. E

I must say I'm impressed with the end result

While there are a few showstopping problems with the game right now (instability, inexplicably poor server performance with 40+ players, achievements and stat-tracking are bugged), just about everything else got done right. Even the bots are decent this time around! There are a few gameplay...
  19. E

One-handed pistol shooting animation

You can see in some parts of the latest videos, people shooting handguns one-handed both in and out of cover, with an extended arm. While it's certainly possible do to in real life, it's hardly the "correct" way to fire a handgun, and doing so in real life adds considerable extra difficulty to...