• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Search results

1. RoastinGhost

Cold War Mod- any interest in project?

Since we have a great deal of the assets, would there be any interest in starting a mod project to move the setting to a fictional conflict between NATO and the Warsaw Pact? There would be a few weapon variations that could be made (The East German AK, the RPK, and the PK come to mind) to place...
  2. RoastinGhost

Recoil when Prone

There are a lot of advantages to shooting prone in this game. Most of them make sense, but there's one aspect that doesn't reflect real life- when you're prone and your weapon is unsupported, recoil is harder to control, not easier. This is because you can't be pushed back by the weapon to...
  3. RoastinGhost

Menu Theme looping

Now, I love Run Through the Jungle. It's great, and not as expected as Fortunate Son. However- I thought that not having it repeat was a great decision. I was sorry to see that was a bug, and not intentional. I started to get sick of it when it looped in the beta. I'm worried that once I put a...
  4. RoastinGhost

AKM sight trick

I was messing around on the range and found that when the AKM's sight is set to 500m, the bullet, from 0 to 100m, lands right in between the upper "posts" of the front sight. I think it gives a cleaner sight picture for a pretty slight accuracy loss against human-sized targets. Not a tactic for...
  5. RoastinGhost

Modding Skill Trees

I'm interested in making a mutator with redesigned skill trees. Is this possible? I haven't seen it done before and I'm not experienced enough to know if it's worth trying. Also, there are a few new abilities I have in mind, hopefully nothing too difficult to mod in. -A skill that loads ammo...
  6. RoastinGhost

PC Incorrect Dialogue

Category- Sound Reproducibility- Always, at least on Solo Summary- Dialogue, especially the trader's, sometimes does not match the situation. Description- -The trader will almost always comment on how hurt the player character is after the first round, no matter how much damage they took or...
  7. RoastinGhost

Variable Zoom and Sight Ranges

The XM-21 had a scope with 3-9x variable zoom. Is there any chance of this making an appearance? Perhaps using the same controls as changing sight range? For that matter, will sight range setting still be a thing? Should it be? At least in my opinion, in RO2 and RS, changing the range of sights...
  8. RoastinGhost

Iron Sight Free Aim

What are the plans regarding this feature? I have ~400 hours in RO2/RS and I just can't get used to it. I really don't think it adds anything, and takes away the intuitive nature of aiming for the middle of the screen. Also, in the current RO2/RS implementation, the sight goes to the middle of...
  9. RoastinGhost

Community Skin Requirements

I have a question about the requirements for Workshop skins. Do I follow the rules here (https://tripwireinteractive.atlassian.net/wiki/display/KF2SW/KF2+Item+Workshop+Technical+Requirements) such as "Modifying the base weapon textures is not permitted"? I ask because I'm working on a skin...
  10. RoastinGhost

Music Recommendations

I'm looking to extend my soundtrack for Killing Floor 2. Anything that fits this game's style or KF1's, anything good to kill Zeds to. Any suggestions? I'll get the ball rolling with these guys- http://oklahomacaddyshackmn.bandcamp.com/
  11. RoastinGhost

Slower reload when suppressed

Just like the title says. Thoughts?
  12. RoastinGhost

Commander / Squad Leader communication

I have some simple ideas to streamline this- -Squad leaders should be able to see all of the artillery marks, like the commander can -Commander "squad chat" should send messages to just squad leaders. not sure how to get that same effect in reverse, though.
  13. RoastinGhost

MKb-42(H) Firing Sound

There is a loud crackling sound every time this weapon is fired from a third person perspective. I suspect audio clipping. It's the only weapon with this problem. This bug is very old and consistent...
  14. RoastinGhost

SVT-40 Reloading Idea

Currently, if I have 2 shots left and want a full magazine, I have to use a stripper to get 7, then I reload the entire magazine? It throws me off a little that my avatar always knows which one to do based on the ammo currently in the mag, regardless of what I want. Soviet soldiers usually only...
  15. RoastinGhost

RS Weapon accuracy stat bugs

My brother and I both noticed we have 100% accuracy with the Arisaka Type 99. Also, his accuracy with the M12 Trench Gun is 100%, while mine is 99.74%. I've been playing RS since the beta, and he played a few games with his account on my computer, if that's helpful.
  16. RoastinGhost

Play Style simplification

How about we just have 2 base options- 'Relaxed' and 'Hardcore' or whatever you want to call them. Relaxed could basically be Action along with the less realistic parts of Realism, while Hardcore would play mostly like Classic but with the nicer parts of Realism. Servers would of course still...
  17. RoastinGhost

Give points for killing enemy SL and Cmdr

If we get points for protecting them, and they get points for being alive and important, why not award points for killing them as well? +1 for SL, +2 for commander. Thoughts?
  18. RoastinGhost

Please fix the P38

currently, it fires the weaker rounds of the M1895 instead of 9mm. Perhaps limiting which classes can have the C96 would balance this change.
  19. RoastinGhost

Weapon transparency

I'm new to skinning in RO2 (I can handle Left 4 Dead 2) but I was wondering if the rear sights of weapons (especially in Rising Storm) could be made semi-transparent by this means. Or any other, for that matter. Thanks!
  20. RoastinGhost

Level 50 Type 38

6.5mm rounds were available in a reduced-powder form (genso rounds). Because of this and the 38's long barrel, these cartridges produced no muzzle flash. I suggest that the level 50 type 38 is equipped with these rounds, and has its bayonet removed for a smaller profile. This would make the...