• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Search results

1. RoastinGhost

Killing Floor 2 Build 1073 Opt-In Twisted Christmas Beta!

I tried out the Thompson, and have to say I'm disappointed. The firing sound is anemic and the rate of fire is way too slow. Right now, it performs just like the UMP but with 30 instead of 45 damage. It's also heavier. My recommendation: Change the UMP to a tier 2 with 30 damage and the...
  2. RoastinGhost

This update has been quite a bummer from a polish and an audio standpoint

The game's audio could also use a volume pass. The 9mm's reload is stupidly loud, as is the doomstick. The 501 is really disappointing in general. I loved the old menu music, and I hope it returns after halloween. I've been unhappy with the game's direction since the half-baked Upgrade system...
  3. RoastinGhost

The Monster Masquerade is here! Update 1071 Changelog

Cool update! I would like to say though, that the HMTech-501 probably shouldn't be called that, since it doesn't share the same base as the other HMTech weapons. Also, calling it the "grenade rifle" got my hopes up for it firing explosive rounds. That would be a really fun and unique weapon...
  4. RoastinGhost

Double XP For The Final Week Of The Summer Sidshow Starting... NOW!

I have to say the new main menu theme is a huge downgrade. The old one was one of my favorite menu themes ever.
  5. RoastinGhost

WWAUT - One, Two, Three, Punch!

Well, I was going to ask for Dual-wielded Boomsticks, but this might do the trick gameplay-wise! Not sure about the M99 and how it could be any different than the railgun other than a lack of alt-fire. Other than that, really looking forward to the future of the game!
  6. RoastinGhost

Tactics The SWAT's role?

One of the SWAT's strengths is dosh efficiency. It'd be an good plan to always start the game as one for the free stuff, and when you're killing trash with one shot, it's hard for other perks to compete with the cost/kill ratio. Also, picking up ammo boxes benefits you a lot due to the large...
  7. RoastinGhost

Update 1.06 Is Now Available

I'm not so sure about another stormy map with the australians- the other one is the most difficult friend or foe identification of the entire series so far. A dark map with two sides with dark uniforms and boonie hats is ok as a change of pace, but pretty frustrating for too often. I'll reserve...
  8. RoastinGhost

WWAUT - Things Are Burning Up

I guess the 2011 doesn't have gaudy designs on it, at least? I really hate that thing, though. A Mk23 would have been better, I think- T3, Desert Eagle size, 1911 power, good sights, high capacity (for gunslinger) of 12.
  9. RoastinGhost

Cold War Mod- any interest in project?

I'm willing to put work in, I just thought the project would be a lot more feasible if someone else had any interest in helping.
  10. RoastinGhost

I mean, once the assets for appropriate-looking trees and buildings are put together, anyone interested in custom maps can add more to the project. I know mods take a lot of work, so I intentionally picked the lowest-effort setting I could. I'm not saying the mod will need a lot of art, I meant...
  11. RoastinGhost

Since we have a great deal of the assets, would there be any interest in starting a mod project to move the setting to a fictional conflict between NATO and the Warsaw Pact? There would be a few weapon variations that could be made (The East German AK, the RPK, and the PK come to mind) to place...
  12. RoastinGhost

PAX Roundup - New Faction, Weapons, Maps and More!

I'm also pleasantly surprised about how fast the new content is coming! The ARVN makes the most sense from a historical perspective, but I think the ANZACs are making it in first largely due to their weapons, which are really rare in games. I don't think there's really another North Vietnamese...
  13. RoastinGhost

Please, do some changes on the AKM model

Good eye, and nice job photoshopping the changes! I'd love to see these fixes implemented.
  14. RoastinGhost

Recoil when Prone

There are a lot of advantages to shooting prone in this game. Most of them make sense, but there's one aspect that doesn't reflect real life- when you're prone and your weapon is unsupported, recoil is harder to control, not easier. This is because you can't be pushed back by the weapon to...
  15. RoastinGhost

Forgive system

I dunno, I have 500+ hours of experience with the old NP system and I already like this a lot more. It's much more obvious and straight-forward. A different color might be good, but there's really only one time you need to be looking down there- when you get teamkilled.
  16. RoastinGhost

Some suggestions and ideas of new weapon

MAS-49 would be pretty cool. I'd like a more ragtag variety of weapons for the North, rather than only Russian stuff. I'd also like to see the K-50M, probably as a PPSh-41 variant.
  17. RoastinGhost

M14 needs to have a place in the game

https://www.dropbox.com/s/eevizsc69r...urred.jpg?dl=0 I made this for the first Rising Storm! A problem with sights in games is that in real life, alignment matters even more than sight picture. In games, only sight picture matters, hence the M1 or M14's wonderful iron sights looking very bad...
  18. RoastinGhost

Map Variants Beta Update

Those map variants look great!
  19. RoastinGhost

Can I replace the AR15?

Since the 9mm magazine they modeled actually holds 32 (I think) when the mag's capacity is 20, and it does the same damage as 5.56 weapons, why not replace the magazine with a Vietnam-era 20-round magazine? That'd look pretty cool.
  20. RoastinGhost

Menu Theme looping

Now, I love Run Through the Jungle. It's great, and not as expected as Fortunate Son. However- I thought that not having it repeat was a great decision. I was sorry to see that was a bug, and not intentional. I started to get sick of it when it looped in the beta. I'm worried that once I put a...