• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Search results

1. T

Future optomizations and DX12?

Thanks for your reply. As to your question, unless I'm running a game at 60 fps solid...not simply 60 fps average I will always be looking for whatever optomizations will increase performance without lowering resolution or game settings. At 4K that is a tall order for Ultra settings in most...
  2. T

Future optomizations and DX12?

So I just downloaded the game yesterday.....I really like it. Before my questions let me give my hardware specs first: AMD 9590 @ 4.9ghz Radeon 295x2 + 290x 4gb ( Tri-fire) 32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum @ 1866mhz 1600w EVGA P2 80+ Platinum So I play every thing now at 2160p...most games...
  3. T

punkbuster initialization failed

I keeped getting kicked from everygame because it sais " Punkbuster.exe initialization failed". I get into a game and can run around for about 30sec to 1 min before this happens. I've played the game since release without this problem but it just started a few days ago. Anyone else have...
  4. T

steam accounts

I have (of course) Red Orchestra 2 on my PC. My son also has a steam account, at one point, all my steam games were also available to be played when he logged into his account on my PC. For some reason though RO2 dosent show up on his profile. Is there any reason for this? I mean I purchased...
  5. T

steam servers too busy???

For a full 24 hrs now whenever I try to play RO2, two things happen" 1) When I click on RO2 in the steam library it keeps telling me my game files are scattered and offers to run defrag. On tues release it did this once and I had the little blue bar showing me the defrag proccess. It defragged...
  6. T

Haven't you noticed the cheaters?

Im not computer tech guy, however I have to assume that one could find on you tube or the internet , whatever "code" or instructions these hackers are using and update it to some other software program that detects the codes use instantly. I know that RO uses VAC and PB but i do remember that...
  7. T

Performance, is this a joke?

:d
  8. T

Actually I'm in my 30's and grew up on Castle Wolfenstine and Doom and was using my Dial up modem to connect to my other high school friends dial up modem's so we could play 4 on 4 deathmatch. Was also playing competition matches on the first DWANGO servers back in the mid 90's. My 14 yr old...
  9. T

When I can run Crysis2, BFBC2, and AVP at 1900x1200 rez and get 60 fps, there is a problem when RO2 runs at half FPS considering it has half the graphical "shine" the afore mentioned games do. I feel I should be pushing 60 -80 fps on RO2 considering it looks about as good as Call of Duty 2...
  10. T

Dont get me wrong, I'm enjoying the beta, however I have to agree with alot of the posters on here. Now I'm not a tech guy with computers at all, but I know this, I run BFBC2 all at max settings ( Ultra everything, 8x AA, max shadows, etc) all at 1900x1200 rez and run an average fps of 45-60...
  11. T

Update on the Beta - Part 2

This works out for me! I was afraid I'd have to cut time between RO2 beta and The Old Republic beta. Gives me another uninteruppted week on Coruscant before I descend on Stalingrad. :)
  12. T

Please Don't Balance Weapon Damage

(quoting Panzer Jager '43) "If I had only 1 shot, sure. Slightly bigger bullet means slightly better chance of hitting something vital. But not if I had the choice between 9mm +P+ JHP and .45 ACP FMJ. And also not if I had the choice between 15 rounds of 9mm FMJ as opposed to 7 rounds of .45...
  13. T

I went back and re-read them...I must be missing something..or just tired. Are they infact modelling the organs too? please elaborate. I'm not being a smart-***, I hope they are doing that.
  14. T

(quoting Panzer Jager) "Also, just for reference, yes 9mm and whatnot are proven killers. They are not reliable one-shot-stoppers (incapacitate), and people have obviously completely survived them too. Their "one-shot-stop" statistic (yes, I understand the flaws of those statistics, but one...
  15. T

Model the organs too......I love that idea!!!! YOSHI or RAMM did you read this post??? What an excellent idea. Though you would never "see" the modelling, just to know that the damage factor incorporated such minute detail would be amazing in RO2.
  16. T

The PPSH fired a .45cal round and the MP40 a 9mm. By nature the smaller 9mm would be more accurate and less lethal. The oppsite being true for the .45 round.
  17. T

I'm excited for RO2, but one gripe: No Impact Force?

I want realism. I don't want to see individuals lose 3 gallons of blood for every bullet hit (gears of war), or take a full clips of ammo in the chest before falling (COD), nor react to bullets as though the Incredible Hulk just punched them (Hollywood). Nor do I want anything "sanitized" in...
  18. T

Help us pick some merchandising!

I vote for the working reproduction of the Kar98 or Mosin with "Red Orchestra" imprinted on the sides. Oh wait...that wasn't an option:(
  19. T

RO2 Release Date delayed 2 weeks to 13 Sep 2011

I heard you can contact steam and do so...since your ordering "up" as it were. BTW God bless and protect your son!