• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Search results

1. Q

2D Art Minimalist Menuscreen

Just messing around, I came up with this. I like the stark, primal emotions it evokes more than the stock menu. Maybe some other people like it too? Just thought I'd share.
  2. Q

2D Art New Russian skins?

Anybody interested in a new Russian skin? I modified the stock one so it's green instead of brown which from my understanding is more historically correct color for this type of Russian uniform. I don't have the skills to implement it myself but if any code monkey wants to implement it be my...
  3. Q

Beta Map Kochnia beta1

Ok so some of you may remember me saying that I was working on a map a LONG while back.......Well finally I'm done. So without going into many details about it which are unimportant to you the players (+ I'm slightly nauseous today) here it is and I will just say enjoy...
  4. Q

Thief III finally got me, never thought it would

So I was reading the Bioshock forums just to glean more info about what's bad and good about it and I proceed to read a thread about what's scarier SS2 or Bioshock. Anyway I come across a mention of a level from Theif III called "Shalebridge Cradle". So I do some investigating and it's pretty...
  5. Q

Check your ini's!!

Recently I've been trying some tweaks to optimize my framerate. I located the line within my "RedOrchestra.ini" file called "MinDesiredFrameRate". Well guess what it was set to 2fps! meaning that game detail would only be reduced if my FPS dropped below 2 fps! Obviously a terrible setting and I...
  6. Q

Final Map Orel Enhanced

It's with the permission of Slashbot427 (the maps creator) that I bring you Orel-Enhanced. http://www.megaupload.com/?d=0AH8GUH4 UPDATE: May 24th OREL-Enhanced-V4 *NOTE TO SERVER ADMINS* Orel-Enhanced-V4 is a direct replacement for Orel-{B&E}, Orel-Enhanced, Orel-Enhanced-V2 and...
  7. Q

Armored Beasts 2.065 (complete)+Tank Range

I condensed Amizaurs Armored Beasts mutator into one package so people don't have to hunt through threads before they finally come upon the info telling them they need to DL 2 parts. I'm trying to make things more convienent for those new to the mutator. Also I've added my own tank test range...
  8. Q

Level Design What's going on with Orel?

Are you done with it? Is the project abandoned? Do you plan to implement some of the new AT guns that are coming? (such as the Zis3). Have you considered taking some of the best elements from the new version (enclosed bridges) and putting them in the original version? Should I stop pestering and...
  9. Q

Ati

I'd like to get a Radeon X1300 to replace my eternally struggling Geforce FX5500. I've never had an ATI card before and I'd like to know if they have software similar to Nvidias "Display optimization wizard" where it guides you through setting proper contrast, brightness, and RBG gamma levels...
  10. Q

2D Art Masked Textures

I'm having some trouble trying to make a masked texture (barbed wire). What color does the textures background need to be for Unreal Ed to mask it? I use GIMP.
  11. Q

Level Design Never had this problem before

All of a sudden zoning does not like me. I'm unable to zone off sections anymore and I'm 99.999% sure that BSP leaks are not the cause. Very aggravating. Are there any other reasons for areas refusing to be zoned? Because I'm really at a loss, like I said I've never experienced such a...
  12. Q

Such a Dark Temptress

I've been listening to Lacuna Coil for about 4 years and the singer Cristina Scabbia is just insanely incredible IMO. Their songs are insanely infectious and luring. It's one of the few "popular" metal bands that I like nowadays. She has one of the most penetrating and powerful and seductive...
  13. Q

Su122

This would be a great addition IMO. One of the earliest produced assault guns that could be used in all scenarios (Kursk scenarios especially) from 1942 till 1945. It had HEAT anti tank rounds & HE (giant 122mm howitzer) plus it's looks are hideously "beautiful" if you know what I mean. It's...
  14. Q

More time?

Just got back from a Danzig round. Why so short round times for most infantry maps? I've disliked this for a while even before Danzig. Every inf map I can think of is always hurry hurry hurry! Rush Rush Rush! Everybody just pile into this chokepoint and die! No time for systematic stalking &...
  15. Q

T60 vs PzIII (L)

I was just doing some testing on a tank range map and noticed that the T60 will not frontally penetrate a PzIV F1 or F2 at 1000meters (which is fine) but the only problem is it WILL penetrate the PzIII frontally at 1000meters despite the fact that the PzIII has more frontal armor than the PzIV...
  16. Q

Binocs for BA64 gunner

Title almost says it all. Since the BA64 was supposed to be used for reconnaissanse how about letting the BA64 gunner postion use binoculars so he can recon? Then maybe you'd have more people using it for it's intended purpose and more apt to report tank postions to friendlies etc to help em...
  17. Q

Level Design Some screens

So here's my map. It's still a WIP so lighting, little details, wheather (there will be rain) and loads more things still aren't done. I don't want to give too much away so here's just some shots of a couple of areas: I'll tell that it's in Poland 1945, Russians will get a tank so HE shells...
  18. Q

WTF is firefox's problem?

I'm tired of firefox. Aside from the way it seizes on me alot if I refresh or go back or forward too many pages the main thing that's pissing me off is I can't copy&paste text into forum posts with it!!! WTH? even internet explorer can do this! Anyone know of a way to make firefox do this? I...
  19. Q

Tactics Different Strokes for Different Folks

You no what? Forget about it. I don't need to air this here. Please delete this thread, sorry about the inconvenience.
  20. Q

ROFL! (nice title eh?)

Check out Jim Gaffigan, this clip is from his "beyond the pale" performance. Hilarious stuff, one of my favorite comedians.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fdoXf0JK5QE