• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Search results

1. G

What scenario do YOU want for Red Orchestra 3 ?

Wow! I'm suprised that anyone still remembers that map...and it was me who built it, but with an incredible support from the community. I remember that the Comrades in Arms clan playtested and gave feedback and reported bugs which was a big help. It was first released in the RO mod and later for...
  2. G

Tripwire Interactive announces

Good stuff! If I wasn't up to my ears in work, I'd prolly try and get in the mod team...well, if Worluk would join also, that is :D Perhaps I could make a map...something with a bridge...and bunkers...hmm, that might work, hehe
  3. G

Tripwire Interactive announces Killing Floor, a survival-horror co-op shooter for PC!

Great stuff! Great stuff! Luv it! Maybe not a very new concept, but hey, you get to kill lots of zombies, which in my great-gamo-meter comes right after killing ww2 germans... Hey I got an idea...why not make the game about german nazi-zombies, who invaded London after being experimented on...
  4. G

3D & Animation 3D Max 8.0 DXF export mirror/rotate problem

:) http://www.techcrunch.com/2008/02/27/make3d-turn-a-2d-picture-into-a-3d-model/
  5. G

Former BFE-RO members, let's reminisce.

You wouldn't believe the amount of crap...errr, critism I've had to endure about the map. Though tactical players always seem to like it. Ahhh, the good old times, hehe.
  6. G

Concealment Benefits of Decoy Layers?

You can force the decolayer on the map, btw...so it cant be turned off clientside. Its in the terrainediting window at the decolayer-tab. There you can right-click on the layer itself and check Forcedraw on. This feature wasnt possible in unreal 2 engine, but is in the 2.5 version RO is build on.
  7. G

Carpathian Crosses: Official Opinion Topic

...busted :D Yur right, the original one is with a smiling guy and this poster shows a scared dude. I wanted to add a text in russian saying "who? me?!"
  8. G

Carpathian Crosses: Official Opinion Topic

...thats because its a heavenly map :D The map is called Maikop and I made it, but in all the times we've tested it, we never came across corpses floating to heaven... We'll (well the smartypants coder dudes) take a look into it
  9. G

Level Design CC available for mappers

at Divinehammer, Why not make the map first and add the CC specific actors and fancy-schmancy stuff later, when the bugs are fixed. Most part of the mapping is the same...or so they tell me :D
  10. G

Level Design Should I bother making another map?

So, why not do both? You could ,as a sideproject, make a small outside map in UT3. Just to get to know the editor. Divide yur time in two. The other free time invest in finishing Kriegstadt or another map. I've started to do some tuts about the new UT3 editor and tbh, a lot has stayed the same...
  11. G

I agree with you that ut3 is superior to RO:Ost technically. All those nifty next-gen stuff is in there, and more. If you want only to map for the newest, most spectacular game engine, then UT3 (or Crysis) is your best bet atm. The thing is, do you map just to make maps in the newest, most...
  12. G

Hey, what happened to young grasshoppah :p
  13. G

my sig gave me away, didn't it :D.... Well, it's the RO:Ost version of Maikop I've worked on for a while...but like Worluk said, I don't have time for atm. And before you ask, it never came to a beta-version, just basic layout....I just lost myself in details at the bunkers(which is pretty...
  14. G

In my humble opinion....finish Kriegstadt. It will always eat at you if you don't. You wouldn't want to be remembered as the guy who almost finished a great map.
  15. G

Mare Nostrum

Looks promising...keep it up :D
  16. G

Level Design Learning To Map 101: 3dBuzz.com

3D buzz has some excellent vtm's about unreal tech. You could also buy the collectors edition from UT2004. It has allmost 9 gigs of vtm's of unreal tech on a special disc. After that, read the SDK manual written by Dingbat. Even a labmonkey can map a level in RO after reading that manual. It's...
  17. G

Well, personally I think it shouldn't be about how popular a game is. Sure, you want to see it played by as many people as possible, if only to get the bugs out that you didn't find yourself. But for me, it's about a cewl idea you've got about making a kickass map for a game which has the...
  18. G

Why and how did you choose your (ingame) nick

Greenhell is a nick I'm using since the early Quake days. Its from a song called.....Greenhell. Originally by the Misfits, though the version I heard first was by Metallica. That and the fact that my last name is Green and my life is a living hell...has been for many years. I'm going to cry...