• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Search results

1. Clowndoe

no killfeed ,bodies will not dissappear and new score counting

There's already a server-side option to turn off killfeeds. If you don't like them all you can do is ask your friendly local server admin.
  2. Clowndoe

What would exactly be wrong with literally just carrying everything over?

Make that two. I've made my peace with the new "put anything and everything we can think of" style of content, but deep down I'm kind of sad we'll probably never see that perfect (to me) mix of grit and goof circa 2009.
  3. Clowndoe

Jets??

Even planes from Battlefield 1942 would be way too arcade-like compared to the meticulous attention to detail given to everything else. Planes carried 15 bombs and people flew them from third person at 30 ft in the air to hit anything. Not to mention they were taking off twenty seconds away from...
  4. Clowndoe

What Sharpshooter is going to be

If you've seen five of my posts, likely one of them is me complaining about how much I dislike the M99 from the previous game. Anything stronger than the crossbow from KF1 completely trivializes fleshpounds and scrakes and that's not ok. Flawless. The (almost) original four from the...
  5. Clowndoe

Jets??

There's no way to combine anywhere near realistic aircraft with an infantry game like Red Orchestra. Battlefield has you flying planes at far-below stall speed at crazy-low altitudes with enough missiles to sink medium-sized Caribbean islands. Real pilots fly in from hours away, drop their...
  6. Clowndoe

Ability to dig holes

Good luck finding a server with enough people willing to stare at the ground for 15+ minutes. That's how long it takes to dig a basic foxhole.
  7. Clowndoe

RO2 Germans should get MG3

If there's a balance problem it's going to be something a lot more complicated than one side's gun shooting faster than its counterpart. It only takes one round to kill someone.
  8. Clowndoe

Please don't make the crossbow bolts explode heads lke KF1

If realism's your concern then they should decapitation altogether. Guns don't just do that. Having said that, having the crossbows bolts stick in the head might be pretty rad to look at.
  9. Clowndoe

Welcome to the Tripwire Club

And before the airing of grievances. I got a lot of problems with you people, and you're going to hear about it.
  10. Clowndoe

Welcome to the Tripwire Club

Yet. I'd like to thank all the people who posted terrible ideas on this forum, because 90% of my posts are pure put-downs and complaining.
  11. Clowndoe

Hand To Hand Class?.........Possibly?

If you want my vote, you're going to have to put a lot more effort into the idea. I wish people would first use search because this idea is older that creation. Second, explain why the game needs this perk. "Because it's cool" is not a reason, it needs to have a reasonable distinction in role...
  12. Clowndoe

Sentry

Yeah I must have been living under a rock to have missed the loads of footage of waist-high portable turrets that can detect and engage enemies while discriminating for friendly targets.
  13. Clowndoe

Sentry

Hey, it's this thread again. I could say that I still believe sentries are too high-tech for this game, since I still think the players represent jobbers scrounging weapons, not super geniuses who waited for the zombie apocalypse to duck-tape together an intelligent turret with tech that...
  14. Clowndoe

Exploding flamethrower tanks

Why? It's a tiny hole. People use air compressors every day.
  15. Clowndoe

Loading screen to get back to menu?

Oh, ok, fine. Clearly, whenever there's a load screen it's either because of misguided developers thinking they're enhancing the experience or because they work three days a week.
  16. Clowndoe

Ro3 -- Happy 3rd Birthday Ro2 - Let's talk Ro3.

Considering how many "Go back to playing Battlefield" posts I've seen here, I don't think that's going to go down well. Also, artillery vehicles are represented by commander artillery strikes, because they don't come to the distances the game's maps put us on.
  17. Clowndoe

Discussion about AI/Pattern Recognition/Machine Learning in PvE Games

Yeah, adaptive AI would be awesome, something that learns. It's easy too, I've even written the code for it: // To those wondering, I am an actual programmer while (AI.gotPwned()) AI.getGud(); All joking aside, adaptive AI (or even good AI) is something we all want, but isn't going to...
  18. Clowndoe

If you don't mind having 1/3 the people to play with who am I to argue? Nope. There's no reason foliage has to disapear on UE3 apart from a performance issue, and there's no reason to think changing engines would fix that. I chose this quote among many to point out the recurring falacy that...
  19. Clowndoe

And I'm telling you that you can't just reuse assets from one engine to another. To put it in layman's terms that would be like translating words from one language to another without taking grammatical structure into account. Even if you could do that, it would defeat the whole point of a...
  20. Clowndoe

No, there is no such thing as a port to a new engine, you want a new engine you start from scratch. What people seem to be forgetting is that just because RO2 exists doesn't mean the next game starts where the old left off. After as many man-hours of development, RO3 is going to have as many...