• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Search results

1. D

Thoughts on Realism and RO:2

Posted this on another thread but decided it would be better here, sorry it's long as balls. I think a main problem is TWI's inconsistent definition of "realism" to justify the inclusion of various elements of the game. Realism in this community has a normative and positive value, everyone...
  2. D

New Computer: Build or Buy

So I've got some cash to blow so I'm going to get a new computer. I've never built a computer but the component quality to price is a lot better than a pre-built PC. So, should I go ahead and build it myself or buy a decent prebuilt computer, then upgrade as necessary? I am definitely...
  3. D

Why are there no Good NA servers?

Rant, Seriously I am sick of loading up my server browser and seeing not one full NA server. I am not going to go play ****ing 24/7 Danzig thank you very much. The 50 player servers are located in Europe (except for the West Coast server) and my ping is alright but the teamplay is horrible...
  4. D

For Those That Talk About Teamwork

Are you an RO player that is sick of being at the top of the scoreboard without any effort? Are you tired of trying to coordinate your team over voice chat to no avail? What about yelling for artillery, tank support, or even machine gun ammo to be told to shut and play the game? Being...
  5. D

New GPF

Build RedOrchestra_Build_[2005-11-27_10.48] OS: Windows XP 5.1 (Build: 2600) CPU: GenuineIntel Unknown processor @ 2402 MHz with 511MB RAM Video: RADEON 9200 (6606) Error setting display mode: CreateDevice failed (D3DERR_DRIVERINTERNALERROR). Please delete your RedOrchestra.ini file if this...
  6. D

Someone Who Tried To Steal My Steam Account

Never tell your password to anyone. [A]utomated [S]upport says: This is an automated message generated by Steam account administration to help us verify the validity of your Steam account ownership. Please respond with your account name, password, and e-mail address which is registered to this...
  7. D

Squad Looking for a clan

Hello, I'm sure many of you have played with me. I'm an experianced RO player and have been playing since 3.0. I'd like to join a clan, I do not want to join a realism unit however. I live in the US, and in the timezone that is -5 GMT. I play mostly Friday-Sunday, weekdays are a desparity.
  8. D

A Differnet Kind of GPF

When I attempt to start up RO I get to the TW screen and then it crashes to desktop with the following error... Build RedOrchestra_Build_[2005-11-27_10.48] OS: Windows XP 5.1 (Build: 2600) CPU: GenuineIntel Unknown processor @ 2402 MHz with 511MB RAM Video: RADEON 9200 (6606) General...
  9. D

Remember Bomb Dogs?

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=3f4ef6f7fb&c=1 Well most of it is about everyones favorite third world dictator Jim Jong Il's body guards. But they have bomb dogs too :P
  10. D

List of Infantry ideas

MOVEMENT Add inertia to player movement! Player movement is way too jerky. I think 3.3 had it right after you got used to it. Fix bayonette close range hit detection. -As of now at PB range the bayos don't work well at all. Personally I am in favor of one hit one kill as well. Injuries should...
  11. D

My First RO Dream

Well yesterday I deleted RO off my comp, and I had my first dream about it pretty paradoxical. Basically I was in Baraskha and I was standing on the opposite side of the bridge (South Bank) and there was a tank that was coming towards me and like three other guys. And I picked up a PANZERSHREK...
  12. D

Domination/King Of The Hill

Yesterday I was playing Ogeldow and me and my friends just like attacked the Hill objective (we were on opposite teams) and it was fun trying to kill each other off in the combat zone to take and hold the objective. It was about 3 vs 3. It would be cool if someone modded this sort of thing...
  13. D

RO getting Gamier?

Is RO losing it's realism approach and appeal?
  14. D

Anyone Use Hamachi?

Recently my friend showed me this app called Hamachi and it lets you create a lan network that anyone can join! It's pretty awesome I played Swat4 Co-Op the other day and I'm sure it could be useful for a lot of RTS's, maybe even RO? Another cool function is that you can listen to your friends...
  15. D

Working on a Music Site.

Hey guys i'm making a music site with a couple of friends, anyways I want some input on the current layout i'm making. I'm in a rut in as what to add next. Btw for the main page i'm only going to use .css.
  16. D

Laggier Since Patch?

Is it just me or is RO much more laggy than before. I get a lot more lag from a European server and it's hard for me to play on many of them now. Even some NA servers lag, and before they had no problems handling 32 players. I've also lost a good 15-20 fps after the patch and now my fps is...
  17. D

Implemtation of the Uber Tanks

The germans have pretty crappy loadouts in late war maps, so tanks like the pz4 are better than they actually are. The problem is adding late war german tanks is that they were rare, very powerful and they had to fight many more soviet tanks. So implenting them would be difficult. The idea I...
  18. D

Does the PPSH have too much recoil?

There's been a lot of talk about changing the recoil to be more realistic. However it might be that there is a silent majority that thinks it's fine, so I think this poll should be a sort of end all conclusion. Personally I think it's too much. The mp40 and stg44 have comparabley very little...
  19. D

Does the PPSH have too much recoil?

There's been a lot of talk about changing the recoil to be more realistic. So I though a poll would help developers. I think the ppsh has WAAY too much recoil and needs to be lowered. Does the PPSH have too much recoil? 1. Yes and change it back to the mod level of recoil (reduce)...
  20. D

Ro:ca

Well talking to some guys about old RO maps made me nostaligic and since the RO Mod fourms no longer exist I wanted to start a thread where you old RO'ers can discuss about the old mod. Post your screenies or memories here :)