• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Search results

1. D

The "Stop Online Piracy Act".

Seems like a loaded statement, I would argue that both the right and left in the US have advanced arguments that curtail freedom of speech. The left often with things that seem to enforce a normative ethos of pluralism, IE school prayer, the right with matters of moral principle, IE obscenity...
  2. D

Thoughts on Realism and RO:2

Posted this on another thread but decided it would be better here, sorry it's long as balls. I think a main problem is TWI's inconsistent definition of "realism" to justify the inclusion of various elements of the game. Realism in this community has a normative and positive value, everyone...
  3. D

Iron Crescendo: The 2nd Concerto

Yay IC. I probably won't be there, depending on how life and stuff works out but would also like to say Snake Byte RIP.
  4. D

IGN Gamescom write up

I am guessing it's going to be a little like the TF2 capture system. I am guessing this also encourages people to go into the capzone big improvement.
  5. D

Dynamic music

I think something like it will be in RO2. There was music added to RO:O so I expect there to be music in the sequel.
  6. D

Modern Warfare Mod?

Fictional modern war is the way to go. Portraying it accurately however requires a real dev team. I feel like air power plays such a pivotal role that it would be hard to make a modern warfare mod that felt truly complete.
  7. D

Skill-Based Auto-Balance?

How is being auto assigned on a team at all like a dystopian autocratic society? I'm pretty sure it will be an option. But I'll probably be playing on servers with it enabled. There are way too many OMG GERMANY UBER ALLES losers in RO. If you play a side exclusively for matches or tournaments...
  8. D

First Screenshots are here!

Well is it confirmed that there isn't a "free look" system? If not I would like to assume there is, instead of an awkward blur effect.
  9. D

1C announces some RO2 features on the gamecom

This heroes thing seems retarded. Unlockables seem ok as long as its just getting being able to get the g41 when you have the g43. Along those lines, instead of getting smgs and such from standard rifle class. I will be happy if they un-nerf the SMGs. I will wait to see a video. Also if...
  10. D

Squad Iron Crescendo

Lol yeah. I'm always surprised whenever Snake pops back up online.
  11. D

Don't screw with Valve (or TWI for that matter)

lol. That's exactly what I read at first.
  12. D

[Game] The Armed Assault thread

rofl! I watched that movie! I forgot the name of it though.
  13. D

The Stryker officially a 'PoS'

I think they are just talking about that particular model, the one mounted with the 105mm gun. If not, well I think people would still rather be in a stryker than a Humvee in Iraq. Also the Stryker originates from Canada, yay for Canada hating.
  14. D

Squad Iron Crescendo

And this is why IC hasn't taken off with the rest of the community :D
  15. D

[Image] Screenshot & Movie Thread

I think one of the RO devs will casually post a pic of RO:2 in this thread and all of us will go WTF!?!?!? I'm sensing it.
  16. D

The Happy Birthday thread!

aw thanks rez
  17. D

TripWire's "next project"

Ugh I hope not. Theoretical cold war era combat would be cool or the Korean War. I'm pretty sure it's still going to be based in the Eastern Front though.
  18. D

The mod store!

I want an athletic fit, black, RO shirt. That'd be awesome.
  19. D

Disabling the windows key?

Yes there is a thing you can put in your registry to disable it, google it.
  20. D

OF Clan Server upgraded to 40 players!!

Great server, played yesterday with a bunch of Russian IC guys good fun. :)